Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rule is usually simple, don't jump to conclusions early on in production. You can be against the movie but don't go overboard with it.

I think things get overlooked depending on the quality of the film. If FF gets reviews in the 80s, I'm sure for the most part even people upset that they didn't like the direction may still say it's a good movie.

My rule is usually simple, don't jump to conclusions early on in production. You can be against the movie but don't go overboard with it.

I didn't have the warmest of fuzzies about DOFP or TASM2 last year, but I allowed the critics to make the decision for me, which is why TASM2 was a netflix view. I'm not the hugest FF fan, I have a t-shirt, so I'm not necessarily one way or another, but I haven't been overly impressed with what I've seen so far, but nothing I have seen is going to make me never watch it either. I mean I watched Green Lantern and Wolverine Origins and Ghost Rider. If I can watch those....

It's kind of funny how this movie's supporters can't defend the movie on its own merits, and instead have to resort to accusing all the naysayers as being "MCU fanboys" who just can't stand Fox.

I definitely wouldn't consider myself to be a MCU fanboy. I personally like X2 and X-Men: DOFP more than anything out of the MCU. I dislike what I've seen from this movie so far for reasons already stated.

Last edited:
I doubt that but even if you're right it comes down to preference.

I prefer to skip this reboot.

That's fair enough, I just wonder why though if you are not going to watch a movie, why stay on the boards to talk about it. I never had any intention of watching the Harry Potter movies, so naturally it meant I very rarely if ever went to that thread and never commented. It's up to you what you want to do of course, I just find it a waste of energy.

Just saw the new trailer, and I forgot Miles Teller is Reed.
Tim Blake Nelson in a non-MCU Marvel movie is both good and sad. The sad is he won't reprise his role as Samuel Sterns.

This Doom does not look like... could he be... ?
Nah, doubt he's Dumaschev, for the moment.

There are actully people who want to see this film.For those who don't want to see it it still baffles me why spend so much time In board about film you have no Intrest In seeing.

Fox basing this on ultimate FF after 2 less than stellar films is no different than all the ultimates influences in MCU and sony basing amazing Spider-man more on ultimate Spider-man.WB is doing same basing DCCU more on elseword storys like superman:Earth one and the dark knight returns than mainstream DC contunity

Someone is complaining about Johnny driving fast cars? Really?

No, i'm complaining about the NAS flames shooting out the back.. terribly cliche

I had 0 interest in this reboot and thought it was doomed ( pun intended :o ) from all of what I was hearing about it. It just sounded like a hot mess.

But, this new trailer really got me interested. I'm eager to see this now.

There are actully people who want to see this film.For those who don't want to see it it still baffles me why spend so much time In board about film you have no Intrest In seeing.

Fox basing this on ultimate FF after 2 less than stellar films is no different than all the ultimates influences in MCU and sony basing amazing Spider-man more on ultimate Spider-man.WB is doing same basing DCCU more on elseword storys like superman:Earth one and the dark knight returns than mainstream DC contunity

The loudest voices are always those who are upset... the more angered, the more a persons will speak out. There's alot of hurt and anger over this film... so people will yes, continue to speak out.

Ever notice the threads where people praise everything usually are pretty dead? it's because you run out of things to talk about... Hate and Rage lives on

why make it worse?:loco:

The same cliches used to make people like Johnny can be applied to the way his scenes are filmed? But nitpick all you want. It's pretty clear he nailed the characterization, but you'll hate it anyway.

The same cliches used to make people like Johnny can be applied to the way his scenes are filmed? But nitpick all you want. It's pretty clear he nailed the characterization, but you'll hate it anyway.

I'm excited to see Jordan's portrayal. He's a tremendous actor. Every actor in this movie is a beast.

Incorrect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Wiki
Victor is introduced as part of the Baxter Building, a government think-tank of young geniuses, which counts among its students Reed Richards and Susan Storm. He works to help Reed Richards develop a teleporter to the "N-Zone," but reprograms its coordinates without telling anyone. This causes the accident that gave the Ultimate Fantastic Four their powers, though Victor maintains that the original Richards programming was so bad that even he couldn't fix it, and that it was this that led to the accident. Victor is caught in the same accident, and his flesh was changed into a metallic hide (with a somewhat reduced ability to perceive tactile sensations and pain)

yeah, nothing like Trank talking about Lee/Kirby inspiring him, then adapting the lesser UF4 comic and by far the lesser Doom origin...

comics retell origins all the time, the great ones stick. UF4's didn't.

Because we care about the characters. You've been told many times to respect people with differing opinions. Many of us don't like the ultimate FF, and we don't want to see it represented on film, what don't you get about that? Out of all the ultimate books, ultimate FF took the largest divergence from the story material. Ultimate Spider-man was far less controversial. Imagine they made Peter Parker a 40 year old adult, do you think that would have caused a stir? Because that's essentially what they did with Reed Richards.

The Daredevil Netflix series is a perfect example of how you can have a fresh aproach with the same source material. There was no need, in my opinion to go to the UFF material. The writers are free to do so, and have done so, and I am free to not care about their production.

there's nothing about him that makes me go "OH MAN THEY BROUGHT JOHNNY STORM TO LIFE!"

Chris Evans already set a wonderful bar for that.. and sorry.. this one isn't coming close:mnm:

Are we still talking about Fantastic Four?
How many of you guys think despite the current rage, you will enjoy this movie? It does not matter the number of the times you view the movie until you start liking it, if you do like it.

From the little we've seen in the trailer, I think MBJ looks ok. I don't think it's safe to say he's nailed it yet, but he looks cocky. That's a start.

I don't know man, BvS boards are thriving like a mother****er and that's before the recent news/trailers.

well it's not black and white... Highly anticipated films will always be an acceptation and break the rules.. regardless of how bad or good they end up being... Avengers, Star Wars, Batman, Spider-man they're always going to have high-traffic and constantly moving threads and boards.

X-men, Superman are the middle ground.. give or take

but.. the average solo film.. or average team film no...
it's pretty evident that this board is nothing like those other films.

........So YOU voted the very X-film that prompted Singer to erase most of the Fox-men films in the first place as a "NOT BAD"?

Anyway going back to the topic. The trailer sucked! Typical generic drivel with poor effects. I hope people wont be tricked into getting a ticket for.

haha, I'm going to buy an extra ticket, just for you, make sure you get counted.

Are we still talking about Fantastic Four?
How many of you guys think despite the current rage, you will enjoy this movie? It does not matter the number of the times you view the movie until you start liking it, if you do like it.

...............................Okay what kind of reverse "FOX" psychology is that?!

I'm excited to see it :D. Another good summer for movies I'm interested in:

Avengers 2, Jurassic World, Terminator 5, Ant-Man, M:I 5 and Fan4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"