Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

I find that hilarious that they thought this movie was going to blow the Story movies out of the water, and some of these news sites said it would do that too and could be the best film of the summer. And then it only makes as much in total as the first FF's opening weekend. :hehe:

And they talk about making a sequel to this when ROTSS didn't even get a sequel??

And some defenders still seriously think there will be a sequel?

I find that hilarious that they thought this movie was going to blow the Story movies out of the water, and some of these news sites said it would do that too and could be the best film of the summer. And then it only makes as much in total as the first FF's opening weekend. :hehe:

And they talk about making a sequel to this when ROTSS didn't even get a sequel??

And some defenders still seriously think there will be a sequel?

Only the completely delusional are saying that now. There's a slightly less than 0% chance of that happening although I wish Fox WOULD throw another 200M into a sequel. Then I could listen to people say how some other successful movie for Fox canceled out the "other" 100M that Fox lost on FFINO2. Some out there seem to think the Fox business plan is "It's okay to lose 100M because we'll make it up on another movie". I can assure you that's NOT a business plan Fox or anyone (assuming sanity) has developed.

FFINO2 makes as much in its total domestic run as FFINO's opening weekend.

FFINO3 makes as much in its total domestic run as FFINO2's opening weekend...

:o

What was FFINO's opening weekend figures again?

FFINO2 makes as much in its total domestic run as FFINO's opening weekend.

FFINO3 makes as much in its total domestic run as FFINO2's opening weekend...

:o

What was FFINO's opening weekend figures again?

Mid 20s.......but early on I saw predictions of 80M+ (which is where the FF SHOULD be). In order for that to happen though, it has to be a good movie. And people were saying how disappointing AMs opening week was. That movie had very, very good legs....uh, yeah, it was a GOOD, entertaining movie.

Actually the sites that said FFINO was closed in USA were WRONG--as was I when I quoted them.
It's still in 131 screens pulling in $5-6 thousand a day.
At that rate in TWENTY more weeks it could cross to $57 mil--which isn't going to happen.
While Ant Man is still pulling in $25,000 per day!
Oh and they just announced that Ant Man may do $50 mil in China which only opened a few days ago in that country!!
While FFINO bombed in Japan.
Not that I'm rubbing it in.

Well yes I am apparently. LOL

Made almost 10K last weekend in 26 theaters. That's a whopping $400 (less really) per screen for all showings. 2 showings = 20 people per show. 3 showings = 13 per show ........I'm guessing most of them are SHH members???

I just checked the frelling TCL Chinese IMAX theater showtimes for The Force Awakens. They're frelling showing it at frelling 5:15.....in the frelling MORNING!!!! And you frelling know what??? All the good frelling seats are taken for that frelling show. It's not even frelling November yet.....

Are you frelling kidding me???? This frelling thing is going to go frelling nuts first weekend.

5:15AM?????

Amazing........what a pathetic performance.

This film was the equivalent of a fart. Somebody released it. It stunk up the joint. And quickly dissipated into the air to be forgotten. FOX should issue an apology.

Amazing........what a pathetic performance.

This film was the equivalent of a fart. Somebody released it. It stunk up the joint. And quickly dissipated into the air to be forgotten. FOX should issue an apology.

I was just checking Box Office Mojo and they have a FF2 listed with a release date of June 9, 2017. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I guess they didn't get the memo......

That site has certainly gone downhill since Ray left. It's still good for database stuff I guess......

I was just checking Box Office Mojo and they have a FF2 listed with a release date of June 9, 2017. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I guess they didn't get the memo......

That site has certainly gone downhill since Ray left. It's still good for database stuff I guess......

Fox exec's on drugs... Any questions??? LOL!

If they really make this film I guess they really need losses to write off... Didn't know that was important to the bottom line and seems counter intuitive but what do I know...

Fox exec's on drugs... Any questions??? LOL!

If they really make this film I guess they really need losses to write off... Didn't know that was important to the bottom line and seems counter intuitive but what do I know...

Yeah.....no way they make that movie. It's some artifact from the Fox pre release FFINO bluster. BOM just hasn't gotten around to removing it. Marvel announces GotG2 before the release because they knew they had something good on their hands and Fox announces FF2 before the release because they they they had to DO something to convince people they had confidence in the movie.

With Kingsman 2 scheduled for release just one week later, the June 9, 2017 date is clearly no longer viable -and that's before Rupert's public trashing of the film. My guess is it will quietly be removed from the upcoming release schedule once Marvel announces the rights are back home.

With Kingsman 2 scheduled for release just one week later, the June 9, 2017 date is clearly no longer viable -and that's before Rupert's public trashing of the film. My guess is it will quietly be removed from the upcoming release schedule once Marvel announces the rights are back home.

That would be a nice end to the story. I've been hoping all along we could get a FF/Inhumans movie at some point.....that would be pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"