Fantastic Four reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I thought the cast of the original Fantastic Four was perfect but if i HAD to definetly..
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9366/reed_richard_mr_fantastic.jpg
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID24504/images/nathan_petrelli_adrian_pasdar.jpg
Mr. Fantastic-Adrian Pasdar

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/75700-58519-invisible-woman_super.jpg
http://diane-kruger.org/diane_kruger_1.jpg[/IMG]The Invisible Girl-Diane Kruger
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/502401-human_torch_billy_tan54cv_super.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tEZ_GwU_W9M/Ss-KqUUDPlI/AAAAAAAAKoM/zkHvZve_ZaE/s400/channing_tatum.jpg
The Human Torch-Channing Tatum
http://www.ratewall.com/cpics/marvel_the_thing.jpg
http://www.testq.com/nfs/testq/photos/0001/0709/VinDiesel.jpg[/IMG]The Thing-Vin Diesel
http://eter22.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dr_doom.jpg
http://barulho.my1blog.com/files/2007/05/gerard-butler-0.jpg[/IMG]Dr. Doom-Gerard Butler

Kruger's the only thing on that list I dont hate.

Is it true what ALP said about Marvel getting back Daredevil soon?
No idea, it would be nice though.

Again I think Fox will try and pull something to keep Daredevil with them.

I have no idea what kind of deal Fox has with Daredevil franchise and characters though. But it's been 7 years and there's no new Daredevil movie in sight.

When Marvel got Iron Man back they actually made a ****ing movie. Fox isn't making jack except confusing X-men projects.

I'd like to see Alexis Denisof as Reed Richards or Adam Baldwin as Ben Grimm. I think those two could be good choices.

Alexis would be an amazing Reed.

I kind of want Elizabeth Banks as Sue.

I was hoping they would still consider bringing back Evans and Chiklis since they were the best thing about both films.

Ugh, I hate this whole "Fox didn't make Avatar" crap that people spew. Fox makes a great movie, and people just can't accept it.. They financed the movie. They hired James Cameron. It's just as much a Fox film as anything else.

I fully accept that Fox made Avatar. What I don't accept is Avatar being a great movie.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

But, srsly, FF. Reboot that ****. Doom should have an accent, and a personality not ripped off and watered down from Norman Osborn.

But I'm thinking no origin story. The fact is, the Four's origin isn't all that interesting and can be pretty much told in flashback or expo-dialogue. I think the origin should be cut out to save room for the plot, specifically building up to Doctor Doom being awesome.

Last edited:
So I guess theres no actor for Thing... only a voice actor

Not really. Look at the Planet Of The Apes reboot ( there is a thread in the Misc films forum). They cast Andy Serkis as the lead ape character and he's providing on set mo-cap interacting with the actors on locations and stages. Do a google search and you'll find the pic online.

A CGI Thing will be crap if there is not enough money behind it. Fox did not spend enough on either FF movie to give us decent stretching effects, much less a good cgi character. The work in AVATAR looks as good as it does because they spent $400 MILLION on it, not because of "improved technology."

Yeah but Avatar is a whole different beast when it comes to VFX scale.
I do agree that if Fox starts micro managing with the FF movies again , the VFX will look like crap. If Fox wants to think in the long run , they need to increase the budget to 150-180 million at least.

That's been one of the biggest problems for the FF movies from the start - the small budgets. FF1 went into production with an $80 million budget, so they had to think small right off the bat. The budget did increase to $100 million during the shoot, but by that time they were already locked into the sequences they had. Same with FF2, they started with $100 and it grew to $120 - still way too small for a movie of this scope.

IRON MAN, SPIDER-MAN, etc. turned out as well as they did because they had the money behind them, as well as the talent. Had either of them started life on the FF budget we would have gotten a much different movie.

That's been one of the biggest problems for the FF movies from the start - the small budgets. FF1 went into production with an $80 million budget, so they had to think small right off the bat. The budget did increase to $100 million during the shoot, but by that time they were already locked into the sequences they had. Same with FF2, they started with $100 and it grew to $120 - still way too small for a movie of this scope.

IRON MAN, SPIDER-MAN, etc. turned out as well as they did because they had the money behind them, as well as the talent. Had either of them started life on the FF budget we would have gotten a much different movie.

I agree. They need to get a good director with a good vision and then support that director with the resources needed to put that vision on film.

Fox could do that as easily as Marvel or Sony or Universal . . . but in the past, they have chosen not to.

Of all the Marvel Properties, Fantastic Four has to have a grand, visual scope. Anything short of awe-inspiring visuals will not capture the spirit of the FF . . . and awe-inspiring visuals don't come from the kind of budgets the previous FF films have had.

Even Ghost Rider had a budget of 120 million :doh:

I agree. They need to get a good director with a good vision and then support that director with the resources needed to put that vision on film.

Fox could do that as easily as Marvel or Sony or Universal . . . but in the past, they have chosen not to.

Of all the Marvel Properties, Fantastic Four has to have a grand, visual scope. Anything short of awe-inspiring visuals will not capture the spirit of the FF . . . and awe-inspiring visuals don't come from the kind of budgets the previous FF films have had.

Hopefully that Fox won't screw with Matthew Vaugh on First Class. Remember when Wolverine was made. Everything sounded right in the beginning and then as the production progressed we started hearing reports of the studio vlashing with gavin Hood etc.
I'll admit that post Avatar , i wound up loving A-Team and Predators considering that they looked like Fox kept their hands away. Then again they also made Knight and Day and i've been hearing that Rothman couldn't keep his claws out of that one.

If Fox increases the budget of FF and also tries to get a talented director who is manages to make the movie as he sees fit without constant studio meddling then this might work.

I don't like the idea of a CGI Thing, I mean I thought he looked fine in the previous FF films...but thats just me.

I wouldn't mind a CGI Thing. I didn't think the makeup for Chiklis was bad, but it still just looked like a guy in an orange rubber suit, instead of a guy whose body is completely composed of some stone-like material.

While the suit in the second film was getting very good, there are just limits to what a suit can do. You can't get the long, thick arms, huge hands or general thickness and mass. Also, the suit can't move with the power and range shown in the comics . . . and, of course, you always feel like you're looking at a guy in a rubber suit rather than a hard, rocky creature.

view.php

FF.jpg

No idea, it would be nice though.

Again I think Fox will try and pull something to keep Daredevil with them.

I have no idea what kind of deal Fox has with Daredevil franchise and characters though. But it's been 7 years and there's no new Daredevil movie in sight.

When Marvel got Iron Man back they actually made a ****ing movie. Fox isn't making jack except confusing X-men projects.

It's been five years since a new Daredevil movie has been released if you count Elektra as part of the franchise.

I am all for getting a Thing that looks as much like that Kirby Thing from FF #51 as possible. If cgi is the way to go, great, if prosthetics can do it, great. What I do not want to see is an underfunded attempt to create a digital Thing that fails. Bad cgi, like the vampires in I AM LEGEND are much much worse than a practical effort that does not quite make it.

The movie Thing could have had a bigger brow, but Fox did not want it. It could have had a nose in the proper place [that effect had been done on THE GRINCH and CAT IN THE HAT], but that was not the design Fox went with. They could have given the impression of the wider mouth with minimal digital enhancement, but again Fox chose not to.

Perhaps if they had done these simple, practical things, we would not be having this conversation...

No, it wasn't. WETA designed Silver Surfer, Spectral Motion did the tarnished Surfer.

Doug Jones did the mo-cap for Surfer.

Doug Jones has NEVER done mo-cap for a role on film in his entire career. As Bubbadoom explained, WETA merely did the shine over the suit - evrything else was created by SPECTRAL MOTION and was a practical effect - WETA didn't have anything to do with the design. The character was designed by SPECTRAL's Jose Fernandez. You don't spend big bucks designing a suit and creating it, putting an extraordinary actor like Doug Jones IN the suit, spend over 2 hours every day applying the suit and makeup and then erase it by making the character digital. Here are some of the behind-the scenes pics Bubbadoom was talking about. The tracking markers were only intended to mark where the sheen went as a digital enhancement, nothing else.

http://www.thedougjonesexperience.com/fan4behind.htm

HM

After conducting much research, here's my ideal F4 cast!

Mr. Fantastic = Patrick Wilson (Watchmen)
6a00e54ede41cc8833011279091b2328a4-320wi

Invisible Woman = Anna Torv (Fringe)
wenn5178691.jpg

Human Torch = Cam Gigandet (Twilight)
Cam-cam-gigandet-3779173-320-480.jpg

Thing = Adam Baldwin (Chuck)
chuck-casey_1260915427.jpg

My Fantastic Four Cast:

Alexis Denisof as Reed Richards
alexis03zg5.jpg

Elizabeth Banks as Sue Storm
elizabethbanksud8.jpg

Bret Harrison as Jonny Storm
reaperbretharrisongp5.jpg

Aaron Douglas as Ben Grimm
galentyrolrg9.jpg

Clive Owen as Victor Von Doom
cliveowenlh4.jpg

Henry Cavill as Namor
normal_003.JPG

Namor is going to be in Captain America so no way will he appear in a F4 movie unless the rights revert back to Marvel, which is a good thing! :up:

My choices:

Matthew Fox as Reed

Diane Kruger as Sue

Mike Vogel as Johnny

Tom Hardy as Ben

Jon Hamm as Dr. Doom

I say cast a no name that can act as Doom. I don't want to see anyone's face more than the mask of Doom, which we got with Mcmahon. As long as it's a no name, then we are fine.

My Fantastic Four Cast:

Alexis Denisof as Reed Richards
alexis03zg5.jpg

January Jones as Sue Storm

Bret Harrison as Jonny Storm
reaperbretharrisongp5.jpg

Aaron Douglas as Ben Grimm
galentyrolrg9.jpg

Clive Owen as Victor Von Doom
cliveowenlh4.jpg

Henry Cavill as Namor
normal_003.JPG

Edited my cast repaced Elizabeth Banks with January Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"