• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice low budget cast... that's a similar direction they should look towards.

good call on Lee Pace, though he was my choice for Hank Pym.

Without a doubt in my mind, The Thing should look something like this. Somewhat organic and a rock monster.

FF554a_DC.jpg

Fox is dragging their feet on this project since they are just trying to keep the franchise rights under their banner. They aren't taking it seriously.

If they are going the digital route with the Thing, they had best at least be starting with Kirby's work as a foundation!

Not too thrilled with the look of the Thing above, too much like the Hulk - to ripped. You should not be able to see the neck cords on the Thing, he should not have that much of a neck.

That cast is very good. If I had any alternate choices, I'd have Cam Gigandet for johnny storm, and Daniel Day Lewis for Dr. Doom.
It's a shame marvel studios doesn't have the rights to this, I'd like namor to appear in this and the avengers franchise.

Last edited:
idea for trilogy:

1st film:

-origin story: in the first 5-10 min. of the film, we see reed as a kid, getting bullied in school, as ben protects him from the bullies and beats them up. reed intrduces him to a machine he is building that creates a small temporary rift between dimensions, but it backfires, only the baxter project tracks him because of the rift and takes him in.
-10 years later (after the credits), we see reed and sue in class, flirting with eachother, as their teacher, Arthur Molekevich, instructs them in N-zone theories, as the students ridicule him, except one, Victor Van-Damme, a brooding, seemingly sociopathic and anti-social student. reed works with sue on the project, and goes to his room, where he discovers Damme messing with his notes, and kicks him out. the day later, Victor comes to Reed, apologises, and says he wants in.
-present day, 2013, we see Reed, Sue, Victor, Sue's brother Johnny approach a big building-sized version of Reed's old machine, and suddenly Ben, now a Sober, Fat man, but still jolly as always, greeting reed as we discover he's a pilot now and a part of the mission.
-the crew gets into a shuttle in the middle of the machine, and launch themself, only Victor rushes to the control panel and changes the commands, and the shuttle, used for enhanced speed, as it was the flaw with the old machine, slightly falls apart, as they are engulfed by raw N-zone energy, their internal organs in flux, johnny catching on fire, ben's skin becoming hard and segmented like rocks (kinda like ichytosis), sue's muscles becoming visible, as her skin dissapears, reed's internal organs evaporating and Van-Damme becoming radioated, his skin disfiguring (not into metal, that's why he'll use an armor later).
-reed is hospitalized, only sue, johnny and ben are lost. ben is found, but he is in a state of shock and trauma and wants to die, becoming enraged with reed and fighting with him.
-Prof. Molekevich, now dirty, his skin rotten with a kind of skin disorder, and his eyes seeing in the darkness, finds sue as we see she is in his underground tunnel-like structure. the army finds Johnny and tries to make a weapon out of him, only the Baxterproject finds him and returns him (this moment should be both comedic and serious)
-Molekevich explains his story to Sue, that he was always unloved and outcast because of his skin disorder and looks, and that he got fired from the baxter project after creating moloids, bio-mechanical, functioning creatures from a mix of protoplasmic fungus and machine, but the experiment was not ethical and he was fired. he took all of them, and found the baxter project's database under the baxter building, in the sewers, and actually was the one who hacked into the systems, and Van-Damme only tried to undo his damage, so he can reconcile with Sue, his "favorite student" and for him even more...
-Sue denies him so in his rage, he unleashes a big, unfinished experimental moloid half the size of the baxter building, and johnny burns him, learning to fly with the heat stream, and with the help of Reed and Ben.
-Sue tries to break from moleman's control, but he won'tlet her, and when he wants to rape her, she creates a psychic force field around his head, temporarily chocking him and escaping.
-she escapes to the surface, and Molekevich unleashes his army of mongoloids on the Baxter building, only all 4 manage to kill them, and imprison Molekevich, only when they fly to Ryker's island, Molekevich commits suicide by barging the copter door open and falling to the street below, finally ending his own misery.
-we end the film with Van-Damme, now psychotic and delusional, reciting his family tree from his generation and going on and on and on untill getting to vlad tepes the fourth and putting his hand on a decorated iron mask (post credit scene)

i'll uptade with the sequel very soon, as for casting, maybe:

-Billy Crudup/John Hamm/(meh choice) Ed Norton for Reed
-Olivia Wilde for Sue
-Chris Pine for Johnny
-Eli Roth/Wade Williams for Ben

VILLAINS

1st film

-MoleMan: Timothy Spall

2nd film

-Dr. Doom: Zachary Quinto
-Puppet Master: Brad Dourif

3rd film

-Anihilus (voice): Willem Dafoe
-Blastaar (voice): Clancy Brown
-Psycho-Man: Alfred Molina
-Silver Surfer (we all know marvel's going to buy FF back sometime, so might as well hint Galactus)

In the event they decide to bring in Franklin Richards...

Gattlin Griffith (Changeling) as Franklin Richards
49441092.jpg

Eddie Dean you and I have the same first choice for Thing. I didnt think anyone would remember him from The Wire :up:

Nimibro seems to have put a bit of thought into his FF outline above - unfortunately it reads like he's referencing the "Ultimate" FF more than the REAL FF.

My main problem with what they did in the UFF, and with a lot of what's above is that it takes too much away from Reed as a character. I never got the impression that the Kirby/Lee Reed would have been bullied at school, or needed saving if he was. He was not afraid to fight his own fights. Others teaching Reed about the Negative Zone does not ring true, it was his discovery.

Also, it's way too convenient having all the major players so closely linked. Reed and Doom in college was enough in the books, having Doom on the mission with them [a mistake made in the first movie] is WAY too much. And then to have the Mole Man as one of their teachers...! I do not know why Hollywood feels every hero and villain needs to have a personal connection [they screwed up the Sandman that way in SM3].

And maybe I'm showing my age here, but I do not want to see an attempted rape in any FF movie.

ALL Marvel movie makers need to ignore the Ultimate and Marvel Knights versions of these characters and just stick to the classic versions. I fear Sony is about to make this mistake with Spider-Man, I hope Fox does not with the FF!

Can Fox just give the rights back to Marvel already?

I wonder if Fox would let Marvel have them back if Fox could release or co-release them - would Disney go for that? They do need to go back to Marvel...

I want Fox to have no involvement, preferably.

I can see a deal happening similar to what happened with sony.Sony gave Marvel back the TV rights of Spider-man for an extension on the movie rights.I can see Fox giving Marvel the FF or DD rights back for an extension on the X-men rights.

I would be willing to bet that Fox has no intention of making this movie and it's basically a game of 'chicken'.

They hope that Marvel will throw a big chunk of money to get the rights back, but I think Marvel is willing to wait them out.

I suspected Fox was trying to improve their negotiation position when they announced they were working on a re-boot . . . conveniently right after Disney announced they were buying Marvel and there was a lot of cash flying around.

That was almost a year ago, and we haven't heard anything since. No director, no pre-production, no location scouting etc.

I frankly think Fox has 'Marvel Fatigue'. They're sleepwalking through their production of Marvel films. They seem to be losing interest in their Marvel characters and the box office numbers aren't enought to keep their interest (of course the box-office numbers are low because Fox is sucking the life out of these characters - not because the characters don't have HUGE potential in the hands of the right people).

I also think that (because Fox is a large entity with a number of different people and opinions) even they, themselves, don't precisely know their future plans. Some within the organization are likely fighting to keep the rights while others just want to be rid of them.

No matter what, I think we'll be waiting for a while.

I am skeptical we will actully this and the Daredevil reboot actully getting made by Fox.Unlike the X-Men films there has been no progress made.

Some time back Fox had booked stage space in Vancouver for the next FF movie, but I suspect these bookings are being used for the new APES movie instead. I know they are at least designing a digital Thing, and I would assume have done some tests with it - like they did APES tests a year or more ago. If they are happy with the way the digital APES turn out, they may move ahead with the FF.

It's sort of a weird deja vu ~ years ago Fox put an earlier attempt at the FF on hold, thinking the Burton APES remake would be a better bet at the box office - and we all remember how that turned out! It's the old "if you don't learn from your mistakes, you are doomed to repeat them"...

I really doubt FOX plans to make any FF films or Daredevil. Like many it's just a ploy to try to keep the rights away from Marvel. I don't think Fox cares about making a FF film they just don't want Galactus or Silver Surfer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Be honest if Marvel did get the rights back to the FF, Daredevil or Elektra do you see Marvel Studios running to make films out of those properties or do you see them being guest stars in other films.

I would be willing to bet that Fox has no intention of making this movie and it's basically a game of 'chicken'.

They hope that Marvel will throw a big chunk of money to get the rights back, but I think Marvel is willing to wait them out.

I suspected Fox was trying to improve their negotiation position when they announced they were working on a re-boot . . . conveniently right after Disney announced they were buying Marvel and there was a lot of cash flying around.

That was almost a year ago, and we haven't heard anything since. No director, no pre-production, no location scouting etc.

I frankly think Fox has 'Marvel Fatigue'. They're sleepwalking through their production of Marvel films. They seem to be losing interest in their Marvel characters and the box office numbers aren't enought to keep their interest (of course the box-office numbers are low because Fox is sucking the life out of these characters - not because the characters don't have HUGE potential in the hands of the right people).

I also think that (because Fox is a large entity with a number of different people and opinions) even they, themselves, don't precisely know their future plans. Some within the organization are likely fighting to keep the rights while others just want to be rid of them.

No matter what, I think we'll be waiting for a while.

Fox needs tentpoles... rushing FC and hapassing a Planet of the Apes reboot proves that they are not just going to get on their knees and pray for an Avatar sequel. Keep in mind they only need a script down between now and 2011. FC only went into production less than a year before its targeted release. If Wolverine 2 happens, it will probably have a similar schedule. They don't care about being deliberate and judicious. Once the alarm bells ring during the latest possible deadline, only then should you expect them to move forward with something substantial. Before that, expect more, "writer/producer hired/fired, script complete/rewritten, so and so director signed on/no longer attached reports once every 4 months or so.

I really doubt FOX plans to make any FF films or Daredevil. Like many it's just a ploy to try to keep the rights away from Marvel. I don't think Fox cares about making a FF film they just don't want Galactus or Silver Surfer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Be honest if Marvel did get the rights back to the FF, Daredevil or Elektra do you see Marvel Studios running to make films out of those properties or do you see them being guest stars in other films.

Marvel is 100% to blame here because they are knowingly being filibustered by whatever bull **** Fox can come up with. But they don't care because they are still making some cash on the side as long as the rights belong with Fox. I guarantee you whatever Marvel is making from Fox for FF/DD is paltry compared to the amount of return Fox can potentially earn in successful relaunches of those properties. Look how how long it took for Punisher to come back to Marvel. War Zone was 2008. The property is so worthless now that it isn't even worth it for Lionsgate to pay a penny more to keep it. There is no reason DD/Elecktra, which was 2005, shouldn't be back by now. Pretty soon both that and FF will be as worthless as Punisher if Marvel doesn't do something to delay and prevent those reboots from happening.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm almost certain FF will be Fox's 2012 tentpole, in which case we won't hear anything about its developments until a year before its release.

Has it been confirmed if Namor will be seen in The First Avenger: Captain America? If not (and if Universal doesn't still own the rights), I'd love to see him in Fantastic Four: Reborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"