Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
List of movies released so far:

LEGO Batman
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Wonder Woman
And we're three days away from the official release of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Rank the villains in order, from your favorite to least favorite, you can include DTV villains in your lists if you like, but they won't be included in the upcoming poll.

The poll will be included two weeks after the release of this year's last theatrical CBM.
Let's get nuts dangerous on with the show.

Ego was a pretty special one, but I think there's a good chance that the best ones are yet to come. Keaton and Blanchett are amazing actors, and the former has been getting good praise in reviews.

Only saw Wonder Woman, so my vote goes to
1. Dr. Poison
2. German Navy
3. Ares

I'll wait until I get a load of Michael Keaton as the Vulture and Cate Blanchett as whoever she's playing in Thor 3. For once, the MCU looks ready to bring it. Right now, none have been great (although Logan was lucky in that they needn't need to be great). If I had to rank what we've got:

1. Donald Pierce (awesome performance)
2. Ego (fun performance)
3. Dr. Poison (Performance better than the character is written)

No point in really ranking the rest.

I'm surprised at how much of a pass X-24 gets for being a boring, lazy, cheap plot device. The movie overall is so well-done that I guess that gets glossed over.

I would have much rather seen Omega Red or Sabretooth.

I'll wait til I see Keaton's Vulture next week before deciding.

I'll wait til I see Keaton's Vulture next week before deciding.

Same. But I really liked Ego a lot. He's fighting Loki for my favorite of the MCU villains (not counting TV).

Since we have more movies coming, I'll just say Ego was great and the only one mentioning so far.

Ego saved GOTG2 from being very meh. He has the edge so far.

1. LEGO Batman
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
3. Logan
4. Wonder Woman

Lol. Quite sad when Lego Joker is leading so far. Really hope Vulture has some good heft to his character as what I'm hearing. I already do love the look of his design so it's a good start.

I'm surprised at how much of a pass X-24 gets for being a boring, lazy, cheap plot device. The movie overall is so well-done that I guess that gets glossed over.

I would have much rather seen Omega Red or Sabretooth.

This is a movie about Logan wrestling with his demons. Any other "super villain" thrown in to match him would have been pure fan service. I am certain it has nothing to do with laziness. Scott Frank is one of the screenwriters. You don't get a dude like that to put in script work if you want to be "lazy".

Thematically, it made perfect sense, despite my initial reservations about it. Also, given how Logan has always been the "ultimate" subject for mutant experimentation, I buy that scientists would eventually come full-circle and say "Screw it, let's just replicate Weapon X, the way we wanted him to be the first time around."

This is an affront to everything Logan is and has fought against his whole life. And so to be murdered by that is fitting, and to find salvation and peace in a child who looks to him as a father figure is a beautifully made statement that helps to punctuate everything.

It works. Whether you wanted a "Sabertooth" or "Omega Red" and felt it was "lazy" or not...it DOES work when put into thematic context.

I liked Donald Pierce a lot. He wasn't anything flashy, and he was ultimately just a hired thug, but the character benefited from a good performance by Holbrook, the R rating allowed him a certain degree of viciousness, and the fact that he spent most of his time hurting kids and old men. He was a piece of **** and his death was cathartic as hell.

That said, I'm thinking Hela will probably be the one I walk away from this year thinking the most of. She's a big character, played by an amazing actress and I imagine they've got something special in mind for her in Ragnarok.

1. Donald Pierce (awesome performance)
2. Ego (fun performance)
3. Dr. Poison (Performance better than the character is written)

No point in really ranking the rest.
Started writing my post and then noticed yours. I feel absolutely the same. :up:

This is a movie about Logan wrestling with his demons. Any other "super villain" thrown in to match him would have been pure fan service. I am certain it has nothing to do with laziness. Scott Frank is one of the screenwriters. You don't get a dude like that to put in script work if you want to be "lazy".

Thematically, it made perfect sense, despite my initial reservations about it. Also, given how Logan has always been the "ultimate" subject for mutant experimentation, I buy that scientists would eventually come full-circle and say "Screw it, let's just replicate Weapon X, the way we wanted him to be the first time around."

This is an affront to everything Logan is and has fought against his whole life. And so to be murdered by that is fitting, and to find salvation and peace in a child who looks to him as a father figure is a beautifully made statement that helps to punctuate everything.

It works. Whether you wanted a "Sabertooth" or "Omega Red" and felt it was "lazy" or not...it DOES work when put into thematic context.

It works, but him literally fighting himself is pretty ham-fisted compared to most things in the movie. I think having had Sabretooth in there would have been much more engaging as he has a personality and he can engage the protagonists verbally.

It doesn't bring the movie down though, as it's all about the three protagonists, I just think that aspect had a clear potential to be more interesting. I still loved the movie.

None of the villains have stood out for me so far. Wonder Woman is a great movie but not because of the villains

I have a strong feeling that Keaton's Vulture is going to be my favorite when all is said and done. I like the dude so much as an actor that he has a chance to overtake Loki as the best MCU villain. At least in my book

1. Ego
2. Joker (Lego Batman)
3. Donald Pierce
4. Ares

Ego by a large margin for me, followed by Donald Pierce. I predict that Hela might steal the show from everyone by the end of the year.

No favorite.

1. Ego
2. Dr. Poison
3. Ares
4. Donald (replaceable)
5. X-24
6. Zander

Hopefully Hela will be fierce.

Ego until i see Homecoming which will 99% make me replace him with Vulture.

With just a Teaser Trailer to go on i would have to go with... Cate Blanchett's HELA.

tumblr_oo7b36uH7U1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

tumblr_oo7b36uH7U1sc0ffqo4_540.gif

tumblr_oo76kmL58D1v5jzwdo3_1280.gif

tumblr_oo76kmL58D1v5jzwdo2_1280.gif

tumblr_oo78j7sAeg1sc0ffqo1_540.gif

tumblr_oo78btBIy91tkcy1ko5_540.gif

tumblr_oo78j7sAeg1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

tumblr_oo78j7sAeg1sc0ffqo5_540.gif

tumblr_oo78btBIy91tkcy1ko7_540.gif

tumblr_oo7b36uH7U1sc0ffqo2_540.gif

I don't know, there is still the chance of being disappointed by her.

Ego would be my favourite so far this year. I did like Donald Pierce, X24 and to a lesser degree Ares also.

But yeah, be interesting to see how Vulture, Hela and Steppenwolf turn out.

With just a Teaser Trailer to go on i would have to go with... Cate Blanchett's HELA.

tumblr_oo7b36uH7U1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

Not knowing anything about Thor, she looks kind of silly. But then I don't know anything about Thor. Wouldn't a well placed hammer blow on those antlers break her neck?

Not knowing anything about Thor, she looks kind of silly. But then I don't know anything about Thor. Wouldn't a well placed hammer blow on those antlers break her neck?

Not sure about the answer to that, but based on what I've seen of Hela in some of the Thor comics, she tends to be a pretty difficult foe to take down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"