Future of MJ and Gwen

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Spider-ManHero12, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Hoarse poo. Dunst is a fugly, mediocre actress who doesn't even appreciate being in these movies. Furthermore, I still say she was miscast despite looking a tad attractive in sm1. I cant wait for her skinny, tiger-toothed, pasty ass, saggy boobs to be recast by some real talent.

2. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

LMAO!!

3. Spider-ManHero12

Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

You were right, Visionary! :woot:

Anyways, why do you think she doesn't have that great of talent? I really have to disagree with you there. She's a wonderful actress. Sam knows all about the Spidey comic's, which means he obviously wanted to pick the right MJ, which is why he chose Kirsten. (I hope you understand what I just said. I might have said it in a way that could be hard to understand to people). basically what i'm saying is that Sam wouldn't have chosen Kirsten to play MJ if she wasn't right for the role. She is great!

4. Visionary

Visionary Registered

Those Kirsten-Haters are mean...never have I seen such evil...I can almost smell their hate. Why can't they learn to love, lol? :D Just imagine if she gets cast back into SM4, I think some of these people are going to surpass anything that Hitler has done. :dry:

5. sandgoblin

sandgoblin Registered

Who wants to see Dunst back in Spidey 4. :down

6. Spiderine

Spiderine Sho nuff

I am picturing MJ as the victim of a fall off a bridge.

7. sandgoblin

sandgoblin Registered

I would go for that. :woot:

8. Spider-ManHero12

Yeah, lol, they will probably try to rule the world.

9. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

I feel introducing Gwen so late in the game(Spider-Man 3) was a decision more bad than good. It will get quite redundant if we again sit through love triangle after love triangle involving Peter, Gwen, and Mary Jane. If this series is to continue for another trilogy, killing off one of the female characters would be all but inevitable. The thing is, killing off MJ would only anger fans as well as stray completely from the source material. They could kill Gwen off, but at this point, it just wouldn't matter much. The audience wouldn't really care, we'd all go "Oh well, she's dead. Peter still has the girl he's loved since childhood."

Oh what a tangled web we weave, we're stuck at quite a predicament. Killing off either or leaving both all seem to be poor decisions at the moment- but one must be done. The problem all stems back to Spider-Man 1 which is the film that should have introduced Gwen, even placing her in Spidey 2 would have been a better move. But hey, I'm not a writer, I don't come up with all of the ideas. But I trust the scribes of Spider-Man 4 to handle this problem and in a nice manner that the majority can agree on.

10. Spider-ManHero12

It doesn't have to be a love triangle anymore. Peter and Gwen could be just friends and Peter & MJ can be togeather.

11. Blader5489

Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

Really? You couldn't just...write one of the characters out of the story?

12. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Peter & MJ should marry.

13. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

. . .:dew:

14. MrSmith1114

MrSmith1114 Registered

While I don't think that Kirsten Dunst is the perfect Mary Jane, I don't think she's so bad that we desperately need a recast.

Then again, I flat out hate all recasts anyways, so of course I'm against her not being in the next movie.

15. Blader5489

Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

I don't speak penguin.

16. Vaportrail

Vaportrail Oh, shock!

I still think a scene with the Lizard's flailing tail will replace Doc Ock's out-of-control tentacles, resulting in the death of Captain Stacy.

I'm waiting to see if they'll also come up with something for her. Their family has a tragic story, I think it'd be best to see that.

-Vaportrail

17. Visionary

Visionary Registered

Hahaha...Lizard's flailing tail. :D

18. sandgoblin

sandgoblin Registered

I would love to see Lizard in the next Spidey movie.

19. Spider-ManHero12

^ So would I, I can just picture the sympathetic side of Dr. Connor's. the human trapped within the monster, thats just pure greatness right there. :up:

20. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Yes, "greatness" that Raimi has repeatedly wrinsed into a tired formula since the 1st movie. As much as I'd love to see the lizard, in theory he's become a redundant character, simply because Raimi lacks the intelligence to come to terms with, that there are people in the world who are genuinely sinister and have no redeeming qualities.

21. DACrowe

DACrowe Registered

Since taking a few days off are you trying to make up time, Jide? You seem particularly aggrevated. ;)

I'm sure Raimi is a moron who knows nothing of the character or stortyelling in general or people who are just plain ****ing twisted. Like his moustache twirling Gene Hackman in that western he made, or the complex villains of Bill Paxton and Greg Kinnear in A Simple Plan and The Gift.

But yeah, what a freaking idiot for not having a villain who is just pure evil...besides Venom and the unredeemed Norman Osborn, you're absolutely right.

22. Spider-ManHero12

I disagree, take Brock for example, he couldn't redeem himself.

23. sandgoblin

sandgoblin Registered

Yes thats true.

24. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

But Brock wasn't evil though. He tasted power after failing at life and wanted to hold on to it. He wasn't given the chance to redem himself because Raimi hates the character and wanted to save screen time by killing him off which for Raimi was the best and easiest thing to do.

Raimi needs to understand that there are real bastards out there in the world and consider what would happen if such people aquired super powers? Thats something you should at least consider.

25. Spider-ManHero12

He was given the chance. It's just that Brock chose not to turn good. When Peter says "the power, everything, but you'll lose yourself", Brock clearly is listening, but when he said "I like being bad, it makes me happy", it was clear Brock wasn't going to redeem himself. Villian's that are not evil can redeem himself.

Sam grew respect for movie Venom and it was clear that Sam put effort into Eddie Brock/Venom, it really showed. I mean come on, If he didn't want to, then why would Eddie Brock/Venom be in the film? Sure Avi Arad convinced him, but Sam could have said no. He cared about what we wanted to see in the film.