Favorite Summer Moments Of All Time

teewee1432

Civilian
Reaction score
With warm weather rapidly approaching and summer plans beginning to take shape. What are your favorite summer moments from yesteryear that holds that special place in your heart. To me it seems like my memories of the summers past is some of the greatest times of my life. It seems like cooler things happen in the summer.

With warm weather rapidly approaching and summer plans beginning to take shape. What are your favorite summer moments from yesteryear that holds that special place in your heart. To me it seems like my memories of the summers past is some of the greatest times of my life. It seems like cooler things happen in the summer.

So, you had such powerful strong feelings about these cool moments, that you forgot to post one?

Well, when I was young, I always liked it when my friends and I would go on major bike rides for miles around. These were a group of misfits who had moved into the new houses in my area, we were not a part of the local gangs, we'd cycle out into the middle of nowhere, smoke cigs, get into some scrapes, great times.
We also used to go scrap hunting, to make money, and explore old factories, build 'dens', build huge bonfires, I have very fond memories of my time with those guys.

My first holiday with all my friends after we left school, in Ibiza before it became stupidly expensive. A whole week of booze and drug fuelled shenanigans. And loads of sex.

Good times.

When I was older, the best times during the summer were to do with playing music, and hanging out with other bands...
we played at this one day festival in Brighton, and a few other bands we knew from our home town were alos on the bill, that was a great two days, the venue was right across the road from the beach, so we played football on the beach, and got drunk on coca cola flavoured booze.

also, i spent 3 days travelling around London in the back of an old ambulance with a couple of bands, as they went off to do gigs, and a peel session for the the radio.
That was an interesting adventure, haha, we went to this crazy party in the underground of a house, and I have no idea how my friend and I negotiated the London underground lines to meet someone off the bus, given the altered state of mind we were in.
I stayed on in London after that weekend, stayed with my older bro, and picked up the first pressed copies of the CD album our band had 4 songs on from the record company. that was a great summer trip all round.
Not the usual kind of summer holiday i guess, one that money can't buy.

All of summer 2004. I just graduated high school, ready to go to college. I had a summer job at a movie theater which meant free movies and popcorn. Spider-Man 2 came out and loved it. Really, the whole summer was the best for me. Haven't had as much of a care-free summer since.

My first holiday with all my friends after we left school, in Ibiza before it became stupidly expensive. A whole week of booze and drug fuelled shenanigans. And loads of sex.

Good times.

Ibiza, so many times I have heard this type of tale told, back when I was in my twenties, all you would hear about from folk at the after club parties was how amazing Ibiza was, I guess it was the '18-30' package holiday of it's time. Like going to Recall, haha.

All of summer 2004. I just graduated high school, ready to go to college. I had a summer job at a movie theater which meant free movies and popcorn. Spider-Man 2 came out and loved it. Really, the whole summer was the best for me. Haven't had as much of a care-free summer since.

stuck in a movie theatre all summer? :lmao: I'm sorry, but that does not sound like what I'd like to be doing during the summer.
Surely you can find some summer adventures to get into with your college chums?

Probably visiting a friend stationed in Germany in 2007. Naturally, he being a new father of twins and with lots of army responsibilities to attend to, I kind of had to entertain myself.

I liked wandering the little village that he lived in and in wandering Giessen when he had business at the base. We went into Frankfurt one night and got drunk as hell, arguing all night with an equally drunk Scotsman about world politics.

A few days later I went to visit my brother (who had also come to visit) and his girlfriend in Maastricht, Holland. You wouldnt think that a few train rides and bus transfers would be fun, but Europeans travel in style. My brother and his girl went to the Hague one day to see a trial of war criminals and I got to see Maastricht.

I didnt do anything crazy, but it was all fun.

So, you had such powerful strong
feelings about these cool moments, that you forgot to post one?

No I had just enough time to start this thread because I was leaving my job right after I posted this and figured I'd leave a post when I got home, now I'm home.

Favorite summer memory is of my dad taking my cousin and I to wildwood for our annual summer vacation. It was the first and only time I was able to talk my dad into letting my cousin come along because I wanted someone my own age to play with. We stayed at this nice motel directly across the street from the beach and me and my cousin made friends with the other motel kids pretty fast. At night when our parents went in for the night they allowed us to stay out long as we promised to stay around the motel. At night all us kids would run around playing jailbreak at the beach. To me that trip was better then me going to disneyworld the following year because for five nights nothing was better then running along the beach at night with your friends, watching the waves crash and having the time of our lives without an adult in site. That happened in the summer of 1995 at age 12, and that memory will always stay with me.

Beach parties into the night, barbeque parties, swimming in the sea, making sandcastles, walking in the woods with the light trickling through the trees, listening to the birds singing, flowers blooming in every colour and fields full of animals.

Summers pretty great :)

stuck in a movie theatre all summer? :lmao: I'm sorry, but that does not sound like what I'd like to be doing during the summer.
Surely you can find some summer adventures to get into with your college chums?

I did go to Disney World that summer. That was pretty awesome.

Way back in the early 90's when I was 17 and swimming all day at my uncles pool with friends. Then in the evening, grabbing some food from the local Quickie Mart and heading to the State Park and sitting by the lake eating our grub and discussing the serious topics of what an X-Men movie would be like and how we'd do it and talking all things comics and movies while jamming out to some tunes on our mix tape. Those were some good times with the friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"