The Winter Soldier Favourite characters in Cap 2

Hard to beat Cap though, stunning portrayal of him really.
Absolutely stunning. Evans is just as valuable as RDJ as far as I'm concerned. Marvel really cast these roles well.

I liked everyone, even (for once) Scarlett Johannson's Black Widow. Evans and Anthony Mackie were great, and the winner of the "I'd like to see more of them" award goes to Maria Hill.

Captain America was obviously my favorite character in the movie. Chris Evans just does the character so much justice; it tears me up that Evans seems to want to get this role done with as soon as possible. :(

Falcon really surprised me too. He was a really fun character & I can't wait to see more of him, I really wish he was in AoU now.

I liked everyone, even (for once) Scarlett Johannson's Black Widow. Evans and Anthony Mackie were great, and the winner of the "I'd like to see more of them" award goes to Maria Hill.
I agree with you on Hill. It seems she had some really interesting stuff there but she just sort of showed up. I think the biggest mistake was to not have her be considered a threat to SHIELD even though she was a high-ranking SHIELD official with deep ties/loyalty to Fury.

I agree with you on Hill. It seems she had some really interesting stuff there but she just sort of showed up. I think the biggest mistake was to not have her be considered a threat to SHIELD even though she was a high-ranking SHIELD official with deep ties/loyalty to Fury.
She was. I think the first target "acquired" was her, with the firing solution being through a window in that control room there.

I really want to see more of her past as a spook.

She was. I think the first target "acquired" was her, with the firing solution being through a window in that control room there.

I really want to see more of her past as a spook.
I'm talking about when they make CA and BW fugitives shortly after Fury's death. Why wouldn't she be considered one then, unless she made it so her motives and allegiances weren't as clear to Pierce and the Hydra-associated agents.

I'm talking about when they make CA and BW fugitives shortly after Fury's death. Why wouldn't she be considered one then, unless she made it so her motives and allegiances weren't as clear to Pierce and the Hydra-associated agents.
Ah, true. I guess that she just immediately went dark when she secured Nick Fury's body straight from the hospital and moved it to the safehouse, although we could have done with a throwaway line from Sitwell or whatever about how they've lost track of her.

Ah, true. I guess that she just immediately went dark when she secured Nick Fury's body straight from the hospital and moved it to the safehouse, although we could have done with a throwaway line from Sitwell or whatever about how they've lost track of her.
I just think it's a minor mistake in the grand scheme of things and more of a nitpick than anything else. I do think they should have at least acknowledged that CA and BW know she's on their side earlier than they did.

I just think it's a minor mistake in the grand scheme of things and more of a nitpick than anything else. I do think they should have at least acknowledged that CA and BW know she's on their side earlier than they did.

Yeah, no, I don't think it's a mistake at all. It makes perfect sense.

The only reason Cap and BW were singled out when they were was because they were unravelling the scheme and asking all the wrong questions. Hill would have been eliminated later on with all the other "threats", as would Cap and BW probably if they hadn't started investigating Fury's death so closely.

Yeah, no, I don't think it's a mistake at all. It makes perfect sense.

The only reason Cap and BW were singled out when they were was because they were unravelling the scheme and asking all the wrong questions. Hill would have been eliminated later on with all the other "threats", as would Cap and BW probably if they hadn't started investigating Fury's death so closely.
That makes sense.

All of them pretty much. Cap, Widow, Fury, Wilson, Bucky, Pierce, Rumlow, Zola.

That's the great thing about the writing of this film. Even someone like Rumlow who could have just been a goon for action scenes was well characterised. It helps that all the performances from the main cast were spot on. Jackson as Fury was the biggest surprise for me though. We saw hints of his true character in Avengers, but in this he is a fully three dimensional person with a history and a personal journey.

And although he had about 4 lines of dialogue, the screen presence of Winter Soldier was immense. A real sense of dread when he was around. Like a Terminator. And Stan really sold the confusion and pain in his scene in the chair.

I would have to say widow and falcon were my two favourites but everyone of the cast deserve cudos. I saw so many performances that looked like people were shooting for an oscar at times!

I enjoyed Black Widow the most, then Caps, then maybe Pierce for being a good bad guy. Macke was good as well and may really rank him just above Pierce.

I just loved everyone in the film .. I mean everyone , prob will go down as my favorite CBM of all time .. Went there with so much expectations and nobody disappointed. I even liked the guy that stood up to pierce and threw his drink and said "not if it was your switch "
Evans was perfect .. Winter solider was awesome .. Rumlow was cool and can't wait for him to be full villain .. Just good team movie where everyone shines

Evans really is perfect as Steve - steadfast, good-hearted, kickass, kind, smart, stoic, funny, lonely and vulnerable. It's a truly heroic performance but what makes it resonante is that it's a very human one as well.

That he was my favorite says a lot because there are a lot of standouts in this film.

I've never liked and enjoyed Black Widow as much as I did in this film. Natasha became for the first time human for me. She's always been badass and sexy but here she's also playful, vulnerable and wondering about her place in the world.

Mackie was pure unadulterated sunshine as Sam - Falcon was just a bonus.

SLJ has never been better or more interesting as Fury. Forget his fantastic car chase, his story about his grandfather was better than anything else he's done in the MCU until now. :Like Natasha, Nick has finally become a three dimensional character.

Redford owned as Pierce. Every inch of him is a screen legend - he has such command and presnce and he did none of it by ranting or shouting like a madman. His "Oh, Renata" - is a little masterclass in acting and it lasts about 5 seconds. He wastes nothing.

Zola. Even as a computer Toby Jones just kills it with this character.

WS - Formidable and terrifying and it's not just the costume but the physical performance. Contrast that to how charming and warm he is as Bucky in the flashback and what's been done to him is truly horrible to contemplate.

Peggy. I.just.can't.

What made all of them even better were all the character moments between them - from friendship to antagonism.

They filmed a scene that was cut where Maria was talking with Sitwell around the time Cap was making his mistake, so that scene was probably to show she's on Caps side and Sitwell/Hydra does not trust her.

The adaptation of Zola was perhaps my favorite decision of the film.

But I can't think of many characters I didn't enjoy. Frank Grillo wasn't anything too special but I know he's gonna be back. So that's exciting.

All of them pretty much. Cap, Widow, Fury, Wilson, Bucky, Pierce, Rumlow, Zola.

That's the great thing about the writing of this film. Even someone like Rumlow who could have just been a goon for action scenes was well characterised. It helps that all the performances from the main cast were spot on. Jackson as Fury was the biggest surprise for me though. We saw hints of his true character in Avengers, but in this he is a fully three dimensional person with a history and a personal journey.

And although he had about 4 lines of dialogue, the screen presence of Winter Soldier was immense. A real sense of dread when he was around. Like a Terminator. And Stan really sold the confusion and pain in his scene in the chair.

Thats not a bad point about Rumlow. While he may have been (in my opinion) the weakest character in the film, he was far more interesting than some of the side villains in IM3, specifically Brandt and Taggart. I thought it was a shame what they did with those characters and that they shouldn't have even used the names of their comicbook counterparts.

Also great point about WS. Is that true 4 lines?! Wow. That's crazy man...

Rumlow was more interesting than ALL of the villains in IM3 besides Fake Propaganda Mandarin.

Cap, Widow, Falcon, Bucky/Winter Soldier, Fury, Pierce, Peggy, Agent 13/Sharon, Zola, Rumlow/Crossbones, Sitwell, Stern, Batroc.

...yes, I realize that's pretty much the main/supporting cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"