World Your least favourite characters

No, no, no.
Not Storm and Bishop.

Here are my fav. couples in order:

Gambit/Rogue (DUH!!!)
Pete Wisdom/Shadowcat
Wolverine/Storm
Gambit/Storm (Please don't kill me Emmy :p )
Nightcrawler/Storm
Bishop/Sage
Cyclops/Jean Grey
Angel/Psylocke

Couples which I rather dislike:

Storm/Black Panther (stop that non-sense! And bring Storm back, damn it!!!)
Magneto/Rogue (ewww, its like marrying an 60 year old man!)
Cyclops/Emma (Sorry guys, but the love of that "couple" is soooooooo unreal and artifical)
Wolverine/Rogue (Movies, okay, but otherwise.... no... just no...)
Cyclops/Rogue (X-Men Evolution, what were they thinking?! :wow:)
Iceman/Rogue (no, just no)

i agree with u on most of the things :hyper:except-
cyclops/rouge, iceman/rouge are a great couple together....:o

i never liked the scott/emma pairing.

emma is one of my fave characters, (i know a lot hate her, but it's ok). i see her dating someone who'd be a challenge to her.
That's the way I'd like to see this couple written. As people who are challenged by each other and find each other both infuriating and fascinating. They have the potential to be a great odd-couple, if the writers would play their differences against each other better. Scott down-to-Earth everyman qualities and idealism make good counter-points to Emma's snobby ice-queen attitude. And Emma could bring Scott more out of his shell by teasing him about being such a nerd. I'd like to see them bicker, flirt, make snarky comments and call each other on their bull***t. Unfortunately, that's not really happening at the moment. It's a pity. I like this couple and I think they could be much more than what the writers have allowed them to be so far.

Emma and Cyclops just seems odd to me. Hey that sounds like Gambit and Rogue. They make great sarcastic comments. And that's one part I love about their relationship.

I second Crazy Dragon on Iceman and Rogue being wrong as a couple. They're not each other's type. Rogue's more woman than he can handle. I don't find Gambit and Storm to be a bad idea as a couple, but it would break my heart for Rogue.

Heh. When I got about page 6, I thought I was going to have to jump in and defend Gambit from some haters, but it looks likes thats already been done in spades.

One thing I can answer is what Gambit's role is in the X-men. He the outcast among the outcasts. The X-men are known to be one big family. Not so for Gambit; Rogue and Storm are the ones who care if he lives or dies. The rest mistrust or even hate him for being a criminal and for his involvement in the Massacre.

BTW, the notion that Wolverine is in any way, shape, or form a loner anymore is laughable. He has more friends, buddies, and "One, True Love(s) of his Life" than anyone else in the Marvel Universe.

You're right about Wolverine. He's not lonely anymore. Gambit really is mostly alone. I remember the concluding narration of the first Gambit limited series that said he will always walk alone. That broke my heart, but it's mostly true. Most of the X-Men don't understand him or trust him. It's nice to find another fellow Gambit lover. Though, Wolverine really is his friend and has stood up for him in his way. But no one loves him better than Rogue and Storm. They see Remy's goodness and need to have someone believe in him. Rogue's the only person I've seen so far that hasn't given up on Gambit now that he's Death. And I'm sure when Storm finds out, she won't give up on him either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"