Favourite Quotes

CConn

Fountainhead of culture.
Reaction score
What are some of yours?

"Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time"-Kanye West

"YES!"-Daniel Bryan

"The mind has not other hours enough wherein to do its business, without disassociating itself from the body, in that little space it must have for its necessity. They would put themselves out of themselves, and escape from being men; 'tis folly; instead of transforming themselves into angels, they transform themselves into beasts; instead of elevating, they lay themselves lower." -- Montaigne

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -- Nietzsche

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth you will destroy you." -- The Gospel of Thomas

Last edited:
"If I'm representing my employer 24/7, they can pay me my hourly rate 24/7; plus penalty rates for Saturday and Sunday, and over 8 hours on a weekday."

"Every man has a secret; the brighter the picture, the darker the negative"
~Rupert Thorne

"A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent."
— William Blake

"A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument. A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight."

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
--C.S. Lewis

"People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
Men in Black

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also".

-Book of James, the Bible

“Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
― John Wayne

“I don’t want to make merely intellectual films. I want audiences to feel, to sense my films. This to me is much more important than their understanding them.”
- Ingmar Bergman

“I’m so thorough I not only dot my I’s and cross my T’s, I also dot my T’s and cross my I’s, which makes it very hard to read.”

“I just want you to know, I dripped some of my body water into your coffee. I apologize.”

“The only vices had by women should be weeping, giving birth, and speaking ill of her neighbors.”
- From the film Wild Strawberries

“All behavior is predictable.”
-Olivski

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be, and, finally, I became that person. Or he became me.”
- Cary Grant

“In order to be successful, one must project an image of success at all times.”

“Quit the *****ing on your blog
And stop pretending art is hard
Just limit yourself to three chords
And do not practice daily”
- “Ukulele Anthem” - Amanda Palmer

“I certainly admire people who do something.”
- From the film Strangers on a Train

“Arrogance is only a failing if misplaced.”
- Mister Sinister

“FaceTime is weird. Especially when you do it with your gay uncle.”

“My brother just yelled at me because I was washing cucumber in front of him.”
- A Sister.

“I’m gonna try ice and stuff. Just not sure how able I am in regards to bending over. If I were a prostitute I think my career would be over.”
- A father of two.

“I study politics and war so that my children may study math and science and their children art and music.”
- John Adams

"Life...it's the s*** that happens while your waiting on moments that never come."

“You know, it’s been said that we just don’t recognize the significant moments of our lives while they’re happening. We grow complacent with ideas, or things or people and we take them for granted and it’s usually not until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you’ve realized how wrong you’ve been that you realized how much you need it, how much you love it. Life is funny sometimes. ”

"Never judge the lives of others. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path."

"at the end of the day you can focus on what's tearing you apart or what's keeping you together."

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”

- H.P Lovecraft

"To be at eye level with the world clearly leads straight to nowhere; on the other hand, once your gaze slips off the horizontal, everything else goes with it. That is to say, no one can any longer vouch for your sanity. You have become... wayward." -- Thomas Ligotti

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
-Dr. Seuss

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”
-Buddha

"We need not visit an insane asylum to find disordered minds. Our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
-Goethe

La verdad no se casa con nadie. (Truth marries no one.)
-Spanish proverb

The universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose. I suspect there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of, or can be dreamed of, in any philosophy.
-JBS Holden

Also, my signature.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere."

- Carl Sagan

"You're all a bunch of ****ing *******s. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you want to be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****ing fingers and say, 'That's the bad guy.' So, what does that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide. How to lie. Me? I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth, even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you're gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell ya. Come on. Make way for the bad guy."

Some line Iron Man gave Rhodey about their usual BS statements

"Bleeding heart heroes" ~ The Punisher

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Learning never exhausts the mind." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~ John Wayne

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are already doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb

"Wisdom begins in wonder." ~ Socrates

"To do is to be." ~ Socrates

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying". ~ Michael Jordan

"We all have ability. The difference is how we use it." ~ Stevie Wonder

Be a master of the mind, not mastered by the mind. ~ Zen Proverb

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ~ Albert Einstein

"You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down." ~ Steve Jobs

One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. ~ French Proverb

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing you'll never get it done". ~ Bruce Lee

"When you rise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive; to breathe, think, to enjoy, to love". ~ Marcus Aurelius.

"It always seems impossible until it's done". ~ Nelson Mandela

"The world is but a canvas to the imagination." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"My mother refused to give me coloring books as a child. She probably saved me, Because when you think about it, what a coloring book does is completely kill creativity." - David Lynch

"There is nothing wrong with making mistakes, but one should always make new ones. Repeating mistakes is a hallmark of dim consciousness." - Dave Sim

Judging by these posts, some of you are immature and depressive miscreants.

While others are actually quite brilliant.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"