F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Trump administration cares more about going after illegal immigrants, and even legal ones, than they do about helping Americans.

Because the Trump administration cares more about going after illegal immigrants, and even legal ones, than they do about helping Americans.

Why try to survive a hurricane, if an illegal immigrant could kill you afterwards? -GOP

Fema isn't the only place they have reallocated money from. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we find out more. This story made the rounds in the gay community but didn't make it to major media outlets.

Documents: Trump’s Office of Refugee Resettlement Is Budgeting for a Surge in Child Separations

Basically they are also taking funds from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS fund which helps people living with the disease who don't have insurance and can't afford medication. This was probably a Pence idea.

It sounds like any number of Trump administration people would do that, not just Pence.

You're right, this does smell like Pence.

Fema isn't the only place they have reallocated money from. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we find out more. This story made the rounds in the gay community but didn't make it to major media outlets.

Documents: Trump’s Office of Refugee Resettlement Is Budgeting for a Surge in Child Separations

Basically they are also taking funds from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS fund which helps people living with the disease who don't have insurance and can't afford medication. This was probably a Pence idea.
Nice. :down

Oh man, the FEMA director is apparently trying to echo the president's sentiments that FEMA handled Maria awesomely.

Oh man, the FEMA director is apparently trying to echo the president's sentiments that FEMA handled Maria awesomely.
Of course. If you disagree with Trump you get fired. Though he probably sides with him because he's as bad as Trump.

It was only poor brown people who died, so.....

Oh someone’s getting a tweet later!

Jamie Dimon says he could beat Trump in an election: 'I'm smarter than he is'

"I think I could beat Trump," Dimon said Wednesday during an event held at his bank's Park Avenue headquarters. "Because I'm as tough as he is, I'm smarter than he is. I would be fine. He could punch me all he wants, it wouldn't work with me. I'd fight right back.

"And by the way this wealthy New Yorker actually earned his money," Dimon added. "It wasn't a gift from Daddy."

I wonder what silly nickname he'll get. Dimmy Dimon maybe? I'm trying to think of a school yard level nickname but it's been a while since I tried.

Anyone is smarter than Trump so that's not much of a boast.....

According to Cheetoh, Puerto Rico is an “inaccessible island.” Someone should tell the airlines and cruise lines that.

I bought the Woodward book yesterday. It's harrowing. How did America end up with this toddler in office?

According to Cheetoh, Puerto Rico is an “inaccessible island.” Someone should tell the airlines and cruise lines that.

Weird, my roommate went down to volunteer for cleanup efforts with Team Rubicon, and they got around just fine.

I bought the Woodward book yesterday. It's harrowing. How did America end up with this toddler in office?
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of it around here. Not too much in the book that's surprising, aside from the fact that Trump is even more childish, petulant, willfully ignorant and incompetent than I previously believed. It's amazing that we're in a situation where members of his staff have to actively subvert and curtail his behavior so he doesn't get us into a war or wreck our economy. Having unelected officials basically running a shadow government answerable to no one is terrible, but it's sad to admit it's preferable to a free wheeling Trump presidency.

The only new tidbit I hadn't heard was how (seemingly) close we were to Trump being forced out by the RNC, and us getting a Mike Pence/Condoleezza Rice ticket.

If we get rid of the immigrants then all the problems FEMA and other departments are required for will no longer be necessary.

Usually you can take whatever he says and assume the opposite is true.

That is really not a fight he wants to make. But he will, because he literally cannot handle criticism.

My wife and I were in Puerto Rico last month while on a cruise. It was a fantastic place, definitely was our favorite island. Everything was beautiful and the people were very nice. We talked to an old man and his wife that were selling paintings on the street and they told us about the hurricane death toll being far higher than it was being said by the government.

The areas we went to looked undamaged but I'm sure that the tourist areas got preferential treatment over the poorer areas. Other islands still looked like the disaster had just happened. We did see lots of graffiti about America. One said, "To sin is death, long live the USA." The old man was surprised by that, he said it's usually the other way around. Of course, we found another graffiti saying "Viva USA" but the viva had been crossed out and replaced with a less flattering word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"