F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
The study that came up with the close to 3,000 deaths number did it by research of all the deaths in Puerto Rico. I'm pretty sure that they were professional enough that when they looked at a death certificate they understood the difference between "death by dysentery from drinking unsanitary water" and "death by being beaten to death by her husband".

The FEMA director is a moron.

The study that came up with the close to 3,000 deaths number did it by research of all the deaths in Puerto Rico. I'm pretty sure that they were professional enough that when they looked at a death certificate they understood the difference between "death by dysentery from drinking unsanitary water" and "death by being beaten to death by her husband".

[anyone in the current government] are morons.

Wow, that interview really made him look like he was trying to suck up to Trump personally. The FEMA director. Wow.

Twilight Zone: It's A Good Life episode said:
Six-year-old Anthony Fremont has godlike mental powers, including mind-reading. He has isolated his town of Peaksville, Ohio from the rest of the universe. The people must thus grow their own food, and supplies of common household items, such as bar soap, have been dwindling. He has blocked television signals and caused cars not to work. Everybody is under his rule, even his parents. The people live in fear of him, constantly telling him how everything he does is "good," since he banishes anyone thinking unhappy thoughts into the otherworldly "cornfield" from which there is no return. Never having experienced any form of discipline, Anthony does not even understand that his actions are wrong, and is confused when his father tells him that the neighbors are reluctant to let their children play with him after he sent several of his playmates to the cornfield.

One night each week, Anthony gives the townsfolk one hour of television, which he creates and projects onto the family TV set. The adults gather around in the Fremonts' living room, squirming uncomfortably as Anthony shows them a vision of screaming dinosaurs, engaged in a gory battle. Unable to voice their real feelings, they tell Anthony that it was far better than what used to be on TV.

After the program is over, the adults celebrate Dan Hollis' birthday. He gets two presents from his wife: a bottle of brandy – which is one of only five left in the village – and a Perry Como record. Dan is eager to listen to the record, but he's reminded by everyone that Anthony does not like singing and he must listen to it at home. Getting drunk from the brandy, he starts complaining about the miserable state of the town, not listening to the record, and no one singing "Happy Birthday" to him. Anthony at first ignores him after telling him to be quiet. Dan eventually snaps with repressed rage surfacing and confronts the child, calling him a monster and a murderer. While Anthony's anger grows, Dan yells for someone to attack Anthony from behind and end his reign of terror. Aunt Amy (who isn't able to sing anymore because of Anthony) tentatively reaches for a fireplace poker, but no one has the courage to act. Anthony transforms Dan into a jack-in-the-box, causing his wife to break down. The adults are horrified at what Anthony had done, and his father asks him to wish it into the cornfield, which he does.

Anthony causes snow to begin falling outside. The snow will kill off at least half the crops and the town will face starvation. Anthony's father starts to rebuke Anthony about this, but his wife and the other adults look on with worried smiles on their faces. The father then smiles and tells Anthony in a terrified voice, "...But it's good you're making it snow. A real good thing. And tomorrow... tomorrow's gonna be a... real good day!"…

Trump's a wannabe Anthony whose daycare operators try to keep him in line. And golfing.

So the Trump admin botches PR hurricane relief. Tells the nearly 75% without power to call if they need help. Then when reports with a more accurate death count come in, backed by reports from the populace, it gets denied. Now they are admitting the number kinda, by saying it's Hispanic men beating their wives to death.

How helpless it must feel to have to drink from contaminated sources to live, while your own government insults you. Then denies your suffering, and proceeds to blame it on you in such an insulting way.

I'm sure that makes the families of the deceased feel better. Such disrespect, and no regard for human life. Everytime you feel there HAS to be a limit, you're proven wrong.

The guy’s name is Brock. His dad’s probably a lawyer and he wears the double polo collar on the weekends.

So the Trump admin botches PR hurricane relief. Tells the nearly 75% without power to call if they need help. Then when reports with a more accurate death count come in, backed by reports from the populace, it gets denied. Now they are admitting the number kinda, by saying it's Hispanic men beating their wives to death.

How helpless it must feel to have to drink from contaminated sources to live, while your own government insults you. Then denies your suffering, and proceeds to blame it on you in such an insulting way.

I'm sure that makes the families of the deceased feel better. Such disrespect, and no regard for human life. Everytime you feel there HAS to be a limit, you're proven wrong.
Makes me sad to have this man as President. :(

Oh look who is trying to keep his job because...

Trump’s FEMA chief under investigation over use of official cars

Depending on how the election goes, I could easily see Trump cleaning his cabinet out. And if that happens... get ready boys and girls... things could go back to the way they were in the first few months of his presidency. Remember how chaotic it was back then? Freakin circus.

Say hello to the next season of Cabinet Apprentices! Woo! Raise that confederate flag!

Screen-Shot-2017-04-20-at-10.03.32-AM-1492697045-640x415.png

Hah. So, you're wrong, but somehow the accusation against me stands. Oh, Trump thread.

Sounds like a good idea TBH... sending major alerts to people directly in an emergency instead of hoping they're near a TV/radio.... just don't allow Trump ANY access to the system

No can do, and you can thank Barry for it.

Obama signed this into law in 2016. It authorized FEMA to create the system, and it gave the President the authority to decide when the alerts are issued. It's supposed to be used only for "national emergencies."

And fret not, Hype leftists. A quick Google search would show you that The Orange One cannot by law (introduced by Ron Johnson (R) of Wisconsin) use the EAS as his alt Twitter feed.

Link

Use of System.—Except to the extent necessary for testing the public alert and warning system, the public alert and warning system shall not be used to transmit a message that does not relate to a natural disaster, act of terrorism, or other man-made disaster or threat to public safety.

Trump's shown repeatedly that he doesn't give a damn about laws... you really think he's not going to get his tiny hands on the system and use it as a 2nd twitter account?

Trump's shown repeatedly that he doesn't give a damn about laws... you really think he's not going to get his tiny hands on the system and use it as a 2nd twitter account?

I'm just saying he's not allowed to by law. But really, no, I don't think he will. I remember when this system was going in in 2015, and there were concerns on the right that Obama would abuse it. Obama didn't (and remember, this was the same guy who thought he could dictate to the Senate when they were in recess and got his hand slapped for it by the SC). I don't think Trump will, either.

I give it a week before he's using it as a second twitter account... Trump is that stupid, he'll do it then whinge about how he's having to use the system to get his message across because the 'Fake news media' are censoring him.... even though they're not

I give it a week before he's using it as a second twitter account... Trump is that stupid, he'll do it then whinge about how he's having to use the system to get his message across because the 'Fake news media' are censoring him.... even though they're not

Relax. Rob doesn't think he will so we are safe. Besides, what would make you think Trump would do something stupid?

Relax. Rob doesn't think he will so we are safe. Besides, what would make you think Trump would do something stupid?

I was going to be glib.... but the reality is what i've stated here before.... Trump acts exactly like my father does & he's being investigated for a form of dementia. Trump is unwell, it's blatantly clear to see that and when he gets access to this system (to think he won't is naive at best) then he will do something stupid

Wonders never cease. Kellyanne Conway said something that didn't make me erupt in anger.

What's more shocking is that Trumpy hasn't tweeted about the allegations

His silence over Kavanaugh and Manafort is weird.

Honestly, Conway's response surprised me based on the reporting on how the WH was going to respond.

Okay guys, we can have discussions in here without throwing shade at people or condescension. So start doing it.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"