F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years) --- Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we supposed to feel empathy for them? Because I don’t. At all.

I wouldn't. Their cruelty and gullibility has put our nation on the bring of a disaster from which we might never overcome. And created the genuine possibility that American democracy will end in our lifetimes. I wish nothing but bad things for Trump and his cult.

Technically, he already is. That's what the RNC and campaign funds are being used for. And he isn't exactly going to easily give up control of the RNC piggy bank if he loses.

If Trump gets crushed in the election and they lose the Senate I could see the GOP disavowing all knowledge of Dear Leader's actions these past four years. Especially if Puerto Rico and DC are added as states and the Supreme Court either gets term limited or welcomes two new members.

Keeping the money flowing is going to require going the third party route. For just $20 a week, less than what they spend on scratchers, Trump Cultists can become Executive Members of the MAGA Party. QAnon conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, evangelicals and other assorted useful idiots are all welcome to keep the hate train in motion while paying off the massive debt of America's greatest con man.

If Trump gets crushed in the election and they lose the Senate I could see the GOP disavowing all knowledge of Dear Leader's actions these past four years. Especially if Puerto Rico and DC are added as states and the Supreme Court either gets term limited or welcomes two new members.

Keeping the money flowing is going to require going the third party route. For just $20 a week, less than what they spend on scratchers, Trump Cultists can become Executive Members of the MAGA Party. QAnon conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, evangelicals and other assorted useful idiots are all welcome to keep the hate train in motion while paying off the massive debt of America's greatest con man.

The problem is, they can't just disavow him. Because Trump won't allow himself to be memory holed like Bush. He controls the RNC piggybank. Good luck prying that tick off. And he controls the base. Which scares the GOP much more than democratic opponents.

The problem is, they can't just disavow him. Because Trump won't allow himself to be memory holed like Bush. He controls the RNC piggybank. Good luck prying that tick off. And he controls the base. Which scares the GOP much more than democratic opponents.

From a purely objective perspective it's an interesting problem.

On one hand you want to get re-elected so you pander to this group of a$$hats who support Trump, but on the OTHER hand in the long run you're going to alienate any moderates you may have been able to swing in the past leaving you in the lurch when the opposition party gets a charismatic and motivated candidate to run against you.

Because so many (all) incumbents, no matter their political affiliation, are only focused on reelection once they get into office it leads to this very nasty short term gain followed by a long term burn. The only thing to do at that point is keep pandering for as long as you can while lining your pockets with taxpayer money as much as you can and try to get out without an indictment pending at the end of the term where people finally wake up and boot your sorry keister.

From a subjective perspective it's a mix of disgusting and horrifying how little these "public servants" have any real interest in "serving the public".

watching the news about them getting ready for the debate tomorrow and while most people were wearing mask I noticed most of the cops were not :rolleyes:

If Biden gets President fair & square, maybe Trump would be asking him for a pardon, however if Trump gets President again, there is nothing stopping them from going after the Trump kids for tax fraud since they aren't protected by the same rules the President is but Daddy Pres would probably pardo them to go back to do the same things over again.

If Biden gets President fair & square, maybe Trump would be asking him for a pardon, however if Trump gets President again, there is nothing stopping them from going after the Trump kids for tax fraud since they aren't protected by the same rules the President is but Daddy Pres would probably pardo them to go back to do the same things over again.

I would like to introduce you to Bill Barr...

I would like to introduce you to Bill Barr...

This would be the scene in a Hamilton-esque musical about all this where John Goodman as Bill Barr bursts onto the stage in a big introductory/expositional number that includes clerks dancing behind him ripping up the Mueller Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"