The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 5 "Self-Help" General Discussion

i don't think direct impact like that can kill you. you' have to fall from a way higher height. but maybe he got a concussion.

Not from the fall but from having his face punched off by Ginger Guile.

Although people have died from falls in their living room. Anything can kill you, really.

I think they should keep him around. Is he a prick for lying? Yes. But there is a huge shortage of super intelligent people so they need to keep and protect as many as they can if they ever hope to rebuild society.

I think a lot of us might do some awful things to stay alive in a world that's went to hell as bad as TWD Earth has. Everybody secretly thinks "Not me, I'd be a badass and remain perfectly rational despite all the horror and suffering around me 24/7" but the huge majority of us wouldn't make it through the first day.

I don't think Eugene is going anywhere, I'm pretty sure he's still around in the comics.

Not from the fall but from having his face punched off by Ginger Guile.

Although people have died from falls in their living room. Anything can kill you, really.

Well yeah I guess if you fall down the stairs or something but yeah I suppose you're right. Anyways, at the end of the episode, how many zombies would you says in that field? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Or millions?

Brad Pitt would have made it through the zombie horde with no problem, his long wavy hair would blow in the wind as he dodged the zombies with his mad skills.

twd.png

A decent episode.

I'd read about the Eugene twist long ago, so the "highlight" of the episode wasn't a huge surprise for me.

Abraham's family seemed to be pretty short-sighted running away from him, but it seems like they'd been through hell in the supermarket while Abraham was away. I did wonder why his family hadn't become zombies. Did someone come along and kill their zombified versions very quickly after they turned? Or if zombies eat enough of your flesh, do you not turn into a zombie? Or maybe Abraham just found them before they turned, although if they'd only been recently attacked, then I'm surprised that there weren't more zombies feasting on them.

I was also a little surprised by how easily zombies now "fall apart" thanks to water pressure. And how losing substantial amounts of flesh seemed to permanently stop zombies, despite the fact that their "brains" were still functioning. I guess that no flesh, means no muscle and therefore no means to move.

Finally, it seemed odd to me that everyone was using fairly small knives to kill walkers since that required that to put their hand/arm very near the mouths of zombies. I understand that they probably have limited weapons, but wouldn't a sharpened wooden stake be a more effective weapon since you could keep your distance more easily. It seems that zombie skulls are particularly weak, so I would have thought that a wooden stake would break through the skull to the brain somewhat easily.

I watched this episode again today. Yep it's still great.

I would LOVE to see the videos for that :funny:

There’s a video of the whole panel here - it almost 90 minutes long, but it’s worth it. They are hilarious, and it’s a really terrific panel.

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/paleyfest-ny-walking-dead-190000442.html

You can’t see the Cudlitz mike drop, because they weren’t moving the main camera around, but you can hear it drop. I was sitting near the aisle where he walked out, and he was high-fiving everyone, it was so funny. He and Chad Coleman weren’t scheduled to appear on the panel, but they were in town for Comic-Con, so they were sitting in the front row and they got asked to up join during the panel too.

Brad Pitt would have made it through the zombie horde with no problem, his long wavy hair would blow in the wind as he dodged the zombies with his mad skills.
Lol, :p

What had me laughing (just before Eugene's confession) was Glenn's reaction to that "stench" coming from, what looks like at a distance, a whole colony of walkers.

There's a good chance Carol is faking it to get inside the compound. My guess is that they meet Noah on their way to the hospital, he tells them what's going on, and they hatch a plan to get inside and get Beth.

This.

I wasn't expecting the bus to flip over or the reveal that Eugene sabotaged it. The Abraham flashbacks were interesting. I was pretty shocked that Eugene came clean to the group. Pretty satisfying seeing Abe knock him out. Great ending. Looking forward to seeing what happened to Carol and Daryl next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"