Fett's UNITED 93 Review

GoldenAgeHero said:
i dunno why everyone is complaining about reliving it, i can understand the people in new york not wanting to relive it, but a majority of you werent even there taht day all you saw was what was on the screen, so stop pretending your actually gonna have flashbacks of the bhuildings falling behind you.

So even though I only saw the Holocaust in books and old documentaries a movie like Schindlers List shouldt affect me. Riiiiight.

Darthphere said:
So even though I only saw the Holocaust in books and old documentaries a movie like Schindlers List shouldt affect me. Riiiiight.

well at least you saw shindler'slist, im directing this towwards the people who werent there rejecting the film. 9/11 didnt affect me much......i dont think i really cared, i feel sorry for the people whio lost their family's, but it really didnt affect me all that much.

People still lived through the times. And some (myself included) aren't particularly thrilled over the prospect of reliving those times.

Fettastic said:
There are few days in my life that I will never forget. The day my parents seperated, the day I got booted out of my house, and September 11th, 2001.

I felt like I got gut-punched that day. At first it was hard to understand what was going on. How could 2 planes hit both towers? That doesn't make sense. Could someone have possibly done that on purpose? Why would anyone kill so many people?

I got mad, like we all did. I wanted hellfire to rain down on whoever did this awful, despicable thing. Then I got sad. I imagined all the children waiting for their parent to come home, whom never would. God that day sucked. And we couldn't get away from it. It was everywhere and it was all we could think about.

I understand why a lot of people don't want to go back to 9/11. I was hesitant myself but after Ebert & Roeper's glowing review I felt kind of obligated to see United 93.

First of all, this film works like gangbusters. It is shot like the new Battlestar Galactica show, all handheld, in and out zooms, desaturated, grainy stock. It feels completely authentic. I'll bet this movie is at least 75% accurate as to exactly what happened that day.

And this film gave me the same tragic, sickening feeling in my stomach that I got that day. I felt very sad at points, almost to tears actually. Seeing that second plane hit that tower was that same gut-punch all over again. I think it was even more powerful this time, knowing everything now that I didn't know then. And then when everyone was calling their families and saying goodbye, that they loved them, a combination to a safe with a will in it. In large part this film is about facing death. Knowing you're going to die and how you cope with that.

United 93 is a powerful film that I think should be shown in every public education facility in this country so that people know what terrorism is. It's so important to see the gruesome and tragic face of what that kind of all-consuming hatred is. of course at some point there will hopefully be a film made about the 100,000 Iraqi lives we took in trade for the 3,000 Americans who died on that black day, but that's another story.

A

That was great review........ :up:

GoldenAgeHero said:
i dunno why everyone is complaining about reliving it, i can understand the people in new york not wanting to relive it, but a majority of you werent even there taht day all you saw was what was on the screen, so stop pretending your actually gonna have flashbacks of the bhuildings falling behind you.

They don't want to see the true face of Islamic terrorism. It's everything Bush said it was.....and since they hate Bush, the last thing they want see is this movie. Then they would find themselves agreeing with the President.

Fettastic said:
Let me lay it all out for ya Sparky, Homey don't play dat. I don't give a crap if someone started a thread on the seventh day of creation, I'm going to make my own review threads. You can roll around on the ground and throw a temper tantrum about it if it makes you feel special, but I will never back down from making my own review threads. So sit back, take a deep breath and incorporate this new information into your little world.

I won't make a review thread for every film I see however. Some films don't require it and I'll be happy to just chime in with my two cents on someone else's thread. But when I have something to say, it usually takes some space to say it. You will notice that I bring up themes and specific points of interest in my reviews. I don't want these things to be dismissed by being the last post at the bottom of a page.

First of all, I'm not handicapped. I don't need anyone to take me by the arm and help me across the street, or provide me links with other threads on SIMILAR topics. This thread is not on the topic of "will I or won't I see United 93". And I'm kind of sick of people starting threads with nothing to say other than "I'm looking forward to the film." and I'm supposed to just bow down and ONLY post in that thread forever and ever about the topic of United 93. I'm sorry but that's fricken' CRAP!

Should I start a Batman 2 thread right fricken' now and then post a link to it forever and all time to anybody who DARES mention it anywhere else? As a bonus, my opening post will be "Looks cool." Apparently being first is the only thing that matters. This is great! I can make threads about every film in every form of production right now and corner the market on threads! Yes, you will all be FORCED to post in my threads and ONLY my threads from here to eternity! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

See how stupid that is?

Hehe, you're a cool dude. :up:

SuperDude said:
Hehe, you're a cool dude. :up:

Thanks. I just want to set the tone right out of the gate. There's always a few posters that like to be smart-asses and get some sort of thrill out of directing people around. I don't tolerate that crap. I'm here because I love movies and I love talking about movies. I'm not interested in the prepubescent struggles for identity that the internet is rife with.

celldog said:
They don't want to see the true face of Islamic terrorism. It's everything Bush said it was.....and since they hate Bush, the last thing they want see is this movie. Then they would find themselves agreeing with the President.

Dude, that's not it at all. I don't want to see the movie because I really don't want to relive the whole thing, and I'm just really not interested in the movie as a whole. Same way I wasn't interested in Passion of the Christ. And yeah, I hate Bush. He's a terrible president. But I do agree that terrorism can be a bad thing, and the terrorists we've seem to have made our enemies are pretty bad ones.

Fettastic said:
Thanks. I just want to set the tone right out of the gate. There's always a few posters that like to be smart-asses and get some sort of thrill out of directing people around. I don't tolerate that crap. I'm here because I love movies and I love talking about movies. I'm not interested in the prepubescent struggles for identity that the internet is rife with.

I highly doubt that's why he posted the link at all. It's just that posting mutliple threads for the same topic isn't looked upon in a good way.

Fettastic said:

and yet you come to a superhero message board to discuss movies... :rolleyes:

Please, just stop trying to make it look like you and your opinions are above everyone elses. Youre just coming off like an ass. The link was posted probably to show you there is a thread on this topic already, so there was no need for you to make a new one. Nothing more. No jabs at your intellect or your IQ. Just a reminder that theres another thread talking about this exact same subject.

Batman15 said:

What's that supposed to mean? :mad:

Batman15 said:

Please, just stop trying to make it look like you and your opinions are above everyone elses. Youre just coming off like an ass. The link was posted probably to show you there is a thread on this topic already, so there was no need for you to make a new one. Nothing more. No jabs at your intellect or your IQ. Just a reminder that theres another thread talking about this exact same subject.

The reminder was not required, because I didn't give a shit. I merely pointed that out. I'm not saying my opinions are above anyone else's. Where the hell did you get that? All I said was that my opinions are valid.

The Question said:
What's that supposed to mean? :mad:

well lets not lie to ourselves- you wanna have real conversations about things with little to no backlash or immature posts, this isnt really the place to do it. :(

Oh. Yeah. That. Of course. I thought you were insulting comics.

The Question said:
Oh. Yeah. That. Of course. I thought you were insulting comics.

I spend the majority of my time parading around on an internet message board under the guise of Batman15, who am i to insult comics :(

Fettastic said:
The reminder was not required, because I didn't give a shit. I merely pointed that out. I'm not saying my opinions are above anyone else's. Where the hell did you get that? All I said was that my opinions are valid.

No crap your opinions are valid. But when you just insult people and patronize them and say you dont care about the rules and youre going to do what you want, you come off as an arrogant *******. Your opinions are just as valid as someone who posted theirs in the other thread. Yet they didnt feel the need to make a new thread for their sole opinions.

Oh, and another little helpful tip- bypassing the censors isnt looked upon to nicely either. :up:

Batman15 said:
No crap your opinions are valid. But when you just insult people and patronize them

------------------So when somebody does something irritating, I don't have a right to say anything about it? That rule doesn't apply to you I take it?

and say you dont care about the rules

-----------------------Rules? What rules? No one is allowed to write movie reviews on this movie message board? Can you link me to that rule?

and youre going to do what you want, you come off as an arrogant *******. Your opinions are just as valid as someone who posted theirs in the other thread. Yet they didnt feel the need to make a new thread for their sole opinions.

-----------------And they weren't required to. That other thread was NOT a review thread. It was "Will you see united 93". What about that is so difficult to understand?

Oh, and another little helpful tip- bypassing the censors isnt looked upon to nicely either. :up:

If that's got your undies all in a wad, then please report me. (patriotic music swells) It is your civic duty as sole defender of this board to do so. God bless you my son. Keep up the good work.

Dude. You over reacted when the other guy posted the link. Making multiple threads for the same topic is considered spamming. If you wanted to make a reveiw, what's the harm in doing it in an already existing thread?

The Question said:
Dude. You over reacted when the other guy posted the link. Making multiple threads for the same topic is considered spamming. If you wanted to make a reveiw, what's the harm in doing it in an already existing thread?

Why do you give a crap about any of this? Why must you make this into an entire little drama with you painted as the hero and peacemaker of course? here's the order of events:

1) I write a review.

2) Others throw tantrum and provide a link to a thread, not about reviews, but about whether or not people will see the film.

3) I tell them that I don't care.

4) You sweep in as self-appointed defender of freedom and liberty or some such bullshit, and declare that I have broken some mythical law which only you are aware of.

5) I tell you to blow me.

6) You cry.

That about sum it up?

Fettastic said:
Why do you give a crap about any of this? Why must you make this into an entire little drama with you painted as the hero and peacemaker of course? here's the order of events:

I'm not. I'm just saying, you over reacted.

Fettastic said:
1) I write a review.

2) Others throw tantrum and provide a link to a thread, not about reviews, but about whether or not people will see the film.

No one threw a tantrum. A guy posted a link.

Fettastic said:
3) I tell them that I don't care.

4) You sweep in as self-appointed defender of freedom and liberty or some such bullshit, and declare that I have broken some mythical law which only you are aware of.

No, I don't. I didn't "declare that you broke some mythical law." I'm telling you that posting a thread on a subject that there's already a thread on is considered spamming. And no, the other thread isn't about reveiws. But you could have easily posted a reveiw their.

Fettastic said:
5) I tell you to blow me.

6) You cry.

No, I'm not crying.

Fettastic said:
That about sum it up?

No, it doesn't.

*sigh* just close/delete this... it's not even about a review anymore, it's just a flame war... :o

JackBauer said:
*sigh* just close/delete this... it's not even about a review anymore, it's just a flame war... :o

I have no interest in pursueing this any further. I'm just not going to sit there while someone accuses me of doing something I didn't. As far as I'm concerned, the matter is over.

Nobody threw a temper tantrum. Someone posted a link to the other thread and you accuse them of throwing a temper tantrum. The other thread, while at first an "are you going to see it" thread turned into a review thread and a thread about the movie. Had you actually taken time to read through it, you would have seen that. You're the one who started with the name calling and condescending posts. Youve taken this whole thing way to personally and from what I've read, you don't seem to have a solid grasp on human interaction. In the end I find you're an idiot, (call me a hypocrite, i dont care.) and I'm done with you and this thread. :o :)

crying_baby.jpg

"Nobody threw a temper tantrum. Someone posted a link to the other thread and you accuse them of throwing a temper tantrum. The other thread, while at first an "are you going to see it" thread turned into a review thread and a thread about the movie. Had you actually taken time to read through it, you would have seen that. You're the one who started with the name calling and condescending posts. Youve taken this whole thing way to personally and from what I've read, you don't seem to have a solid grasp on human interaction. In the end I find you're an idiot, (call me a hypocrite, i dont care.) and I'm done with you and this thread."

Dude, that's not it at all. I don't want to see the movie because I really don't want to relive the whole thing, and I'm just really not interested in the movie as a whole. Same way I wasn't interested in Passion of the Christ. And yeah, I hate Bush. He's a terrible president. But I do agree that terrorism can be a bad thing, and the terrorists we've seem to have made our enemies are pretty bad ones.

So when is it a good thing, Mr. Question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"