Films that you LOVED, but lost interest in.

Kind of, Reloaded is mostly crap because Revolutions didn't answers the question left in the 2nd film.
I didn't really like Revolutions from story POV, but the action was the best of the series. It gave me what I wanted in the Matrix sequels, for about 3/4 of the movie. Reloaded was just slow and boring, aside from the Freeway chase.

-Batman Begins. I was blown away by it in the theater. I bought the DVD as soon as it came out, watched it immediately, and loved it again. After that, I went a fairly long time without watching it until it started being shown on cable. After watching it on cable (the whole thing or parts) with some frequency, it kind of lost its luster. It's still a good movie, but after the coolness and newness wore off, I started being more bothered by some of its shortcomings (exposition, fight scenes, etc.). This effect was exacerbated somewhat by my underwhelmed reaction to The Dark Knight (I still like it too though).

-V For Vendetta. I loved the book and movie in high school and early college. After I got older, more mature, and more well versed in movies, the film's flaws became more apparent and its themes seemed much more toned down than I originally thought. It's still a pretty good and entertaining movie; just not something spectacular.

-Equilibrium. Once the novelty of Gun Kata wore off, I couldn't get over how impractical it seemed, even in the context of the movie. And the dystopian setting seemed way less smart when I sat down and thought about how similar it is to 1984, Brave New World, and Fahrenheit 451. The one thing that didn't lose appeal for me is the action sequences; they're elaborate for such a low-budget movie.

Avengers
Thor
LotR Trilogy
Ghostbusters 2
B89
BR

Spider-Man. I might end up feeling the same way about The Amazing Spider-Man down the road, but I haven't seen ASM enough to reach that point.

Other than that, I've lost interest in Matilda.

The Dark Knight
The Prestige
Batman Begins
X-Men
X2: X-Men United

I never liked Drive, it was all just mindless ultra-violent gore.

Even though the vast majority of the runtime is either filled by silence or romantic scenes?

Not even a comment on the quality of the film but to say that the film is nothing but mindless gore is to way oversell the amount of action that is actually in the movie.

My opinion of TDK has cooled but I still really like it.

I notice that most of you either burned the movies out or matured.

^ On that note:

11164849_det.jpg

Absolutely fight club. If ever there was a movie I so completely misunderstood and overrated as a 14 year old it is Fight Club.

Now that I've had a chance to reflect, I don't know if I've lost interest in Star Wars or not. As a kid, I was obsessed with it, but I don't know if that was Star Wars the movies or Star Wars the machine. It was the same with Back to the Future, and I still have the same obsessive love for those (I'm definitely getting the Hot Toys 1:6th DeLorean when it drops). But Back to the Future was always about the movies and the car, not the other stuff surrounding the trilogy. Certainly not the toys and the books and the games and the trillions of dollars worth of crap that Star Wars had. Empire is still in my top 3 favorite movies, and I still go back and watch the original trilogy.

So I think with Star Wars, it's safe to say my core interest in the movies was only a fraction of that obsession, and after the growing up, it's still there. Just with all the other stuff gone, it can deceptively feel like that aspect has diminished, when it was never really there or as big to begin with.

I suspect a lot of us have the same thing going on, where we grew out of our involvement with the peripheral stuff, and we're left with the same admiration for just the movies that we've always had.

All of those are just a case of having seen them too many times in a row when they first came out. I completely killed it for myself :(
Try avoiding that with future movies, and currently beloved movies

Other than that, I've lost interest in Matilda.
This one, I lost interest in this one, used to love it

I also add Monkey Trouble, and Beetlejuice, as much as I love Michael Keaton films, I can't bear watching this movie again

The first Matrix film...re-watched it again recently and was actually bored. :/

I liked the sequels more than the first Matrix movie, now can't bear to watch any of them

I can't believe I forgot those. I was obsessed with those movies when I was a kid. I saw both of them multiple times in the theater, and considering I was a single digit age at the time, that's a feat. I rewatched them in my freshman year of college after a few year's break, and they had started to lose their luster. Now I think they're just a mess. Not bad per se, but overlong and with some serious tone issues. Last time I put Batman on, I didn't even finish it. It feels like Batman was climbing that absurdly huge church staircase for like three hours. I really don't like the way The Joker is written either. That silly "love" subplot with Vicki Vale is beyond tedious.

When Nolan's first film hit, I never looked back. There's not even a comparison. It's the movie that turned me back into a Batman freak.

Last edited:
batman '89 doesn't really hold up for me. jack nicholson's joker just came off as forced to me, like he was trying to way too hard to seem "cooky and crazy," like "oooo look at me I'm dancing around and blowing raspberries. ain't I nuts?" Keaton is still my favorite batman though, and batman returns is still one of my favorite bat films along with TDK and Batman '66.

None. Once I liked a movie, I will always appreciate them no matter how old the movie is.

A Nightmare On Elm Street movies
Friday The 13th movies
Hellraiser movies
Romero's Dead movies
Halloween movies
Spider-Man movies
Batman movies
Transformer movies
Jim Carrey movies
Eddie Murphy movies
Gremlins 1&2

None. Once I liked a movie, I will always appreciate them no matter how old the movie is.

Same here, generally.

What sometimes happens to me is that some movies I see them for the second time and I realize they weren't as good as I first thought. But that's it, after the second viewing I don't change my mind much. Again, in general. At least I cannot think of a movie I just stopped liking. Some of them I just stop watching because I don't like to burn it away.

Is this a joke?
How is it a joke question? Is has merit to it. If you didn't want to answer the question, you didn't have to respond as some people did on the contrary.

How is it a joke question? Is has merit to it. If you didn't want to answer the question, you didn't have to respond as some people did on the contrary.
I didn't know if it was a legitimate thread because alot of people have used the Dark Knight film to spark debates. Also several threads have been derailed because of it. Im glad that not the case and apologize for accusing you of anything.

I didn't know if it was a legitimate thread because alot of people have used the Dark Knight film to spark debates. Also several threads have been derailed because of it. Im glad that not the case and apologize for accusing you of anything.
No problem, but I still think it's a decent film. It's not as great as it was in 2008 for me. When I watched the film back then I still loved it when it was over. I am really excited for DKR though, can't wait until Friday.

Adam Sandler movies I used to like
Happy Gilmore
Billy Madison
Bulletproof

Now I can't look at them

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member