Movies That You Loved But Were Terrible Anyway.

BloodyWolverine

Superhero
Reaction score
I am quite sure this has happened over the many movies that have been made. A movies that was basically no where near an oscar contender yet you loved or liked the movie anyway. A movie that many felt were so bad but yet you liked it.

This is not a poll but a populas opinion thread. If there is a movie out there many viewed was bad but you just loved it. There is no limit to how many movies you wished to post about.
This is often a case for me a movie many just didn't like but i just couldn't help but like it. I consider some cult classics if if they were bad ones. For a movie can make not a boat load of money and yet have a fan base. Call it a cult personal classic or whatever. Old movies and newbie one sare excepted. I mean have you not liked a movie that critics and some people seem to just hate but you kept quite to fit in.

1 Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
2 The League Of Extrodinary Gentlemen.
3 Van Helsing.
4 The Punisher. 2004.
5 Godzilla.
6 The Tuxedo.
7 Spaced Invaders.
8 The Quick And The Dead.
9 Mortal Kombat 1, and 2.
10 Masters Of The Universe.
11 Beastmaster.
12 Tales From The Crypt: Boredello Of Blood.
13 Kull The Conquor.
14 Freddie Versus Jason.
15 Water World.

The Fog - The Original
Mortal Kombat movies
Van Helsing

I know I might not get taken seriously for a while but I liked Batman & Robin when I think of it as the campy 60's show. When I think of it as a serious Batman movie, I wanna cry.

I'm sure there's more but I'm too tired to make a full list.

Batman and Robin made me miss the tv show at times. Schumacer had terrible casting for Batgirl and Robin. I can live with The Govanator as Mr Freeze and Clooney was an ok Batman aka bruce wayne. Its just Uma, Alicia and Chris were all wrong. Schumacer tried to hard when Burton left him teh right format.

Van Helsing
Batman & Robin
LXG
Daredevil (Which I don't actually think is terrible)

LXG. Awful dialouge, poorly developed characters and a ludicrous plot. But a **** load of fun.

I dont know, but for me , Arnold as mister freeze is more a casting mistake than Uma as poison ivy.

Austin Powers:International Man of mystery
Scary Movie.

the only one that comes to mind right now is The Crow:City of Angels.

Terrible movie but I still like it.

Armageddon.

FANTASTIC movie ... I just DO NOT understand the hate!!

Van Helsing
Master of the universe
dasiter in time
secret anget club
Suburban commode

The Amazing Lee said:
I know.i love the film. I just meant that is isn't Oscar material.
Yeah, but this thread is for films that are terrible, but you love them anyway. Austin Powers is a good, well-received film.

Dr. Fate said:
Oh yeah, because the 2005 remake of the Fog is an Oscar winner. :whatever:
Yeah, and he doesn't like that version so he didn't put it in the list.

Grim Goblin said:
the only one that comes to mind right now is The Crow:City of Angels.

Terrible movie but I still like it.

Yeah, same here. The movie is pretty atrocious, but I still appreciate it.

Then again, I'm a sucker for anything to do with The Crow, so...yeah.

Twister (worst dialogue in history, laughable acting, cliched story line, but damn, is it loud and fun! Saw it twice in theaters. Huge guilty pleasure!)
Deep Impact

Deep Blue Sea, the last great big, dumb, substanceless action movie. Loads of fun.

I liked Deep Blue see. The part where Sam Jackson gets eaten after the support speach was both funny and a awe man scene. Its like so he's the black dude that gets killed first.

Alot of people didn't like Armageddon but i thaught it was Bruce Willis best movie. I also liked Sleepy Hallow alot of people didn't like and Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves.

Oh where to begin...

Batman Forever
Batman and Robin (oh c'mon!)
Underworld 1 & 2
Sphere (IT MADE SENSE! Well not really, but it was awesome)
Legends of the Fall (I have no excuse)
Aeon Flux
Cursed
Event Horizon
Resident Evil :(
Armageddon
(A.J.: You know what I was thinking?
Grace Stamper: What?
A.J.: I really don't think that the animal cracker qualifies as a cracker.
The dialogue sizzles.)
Deep Blue Sea

BloodyWolverine said:
I liked Deep Blue see. The part where Sam Jackson gets eaten after the support speach was both funny and a awe man scene. Its like so he's the black dude that gets killed first.

Alot of people didn't like Armageddon but i thaught it was Bruce Willis best movie. I also liked Sleepy Hallow alot of people didn't like and Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves.

:dry:

Van Helsing
Mummy Returns
LXG
Armageddon
Pearl Harbor
US Godzilla
Waterworld

would be the main ones...

BloodyWolverine said:

you.....you.....you bastard:cmad:

the guy did ****ing Die Hard!!! he's John McClane!!! he was in 6th sense!!! unbreakable!!! sin city(not really a bruce willis movie but still...)!!!

you're dead to me:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"