Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Gambit_Fan, Jan 19, 2005.

1. WallCrawl Registered

Someone had mentioned the counter disappearing before. I guess we'll have to wait and see. As for the OVA, if it isn't included in the North American release someone somewhere will rip and sub it, so we'll be able to see it in any case. But it would be a great thing to include with the DVD and actually own.

2. TheVileOne Registered

Considering how long and patiently we've waited, and after that debacle in 2001...I think we earned and DESERVE the OVA :) .

3. WallCrawl Registered

That's right, you go girlfriend! :o

4. WallCrawl Registered

5. TheVileOne Registered

Thanks for the trailer link WallCrawl, you rock!

I NEED to see that OVA, looks great.

Really dug the music they were using in that clip.

6. WallCrawl Registered

Trust in bittorrent, my friend. :)

7. Gambit_Fan Registered

damn last order looks very good can't wait to see it

8. TheVileOne Registered

;)

That too WallCrawl, but I'm hoping they will make the OVA available on English and Japanese on DVD because I definitely want to own it.

9. Timstuff Registered

10. The Kid AMERICA FTW

sorry I don't know much about this final fantasy franchise. I'm only familiar with the ff7 game since it was the first one I bought for my PS, and played it for hours before giving up on it. So why wasn't this movie made instead of that spirits within thing?

11. TheVileOne Registered

Because plain and simple, the best stories are told by the Japanese.

Because the schmucks that run Hollywood thought spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a Final Fantasy movie that wasn't Final Fantasy was a good idea. They thought making the movie as it was would make it appeal to "Joe Moviegoer," and they were horribly wrong. Yet by dumbing it down and stripping away all the elements that made it Final Fantasy, they just made it into a lame, muddled sci-fi movie with stiff, lifeless characters.

12. WallCrawl Registered

So do I, but I'll settle for just being able to see it if I have to. Bitterly, albeit.

13. kamillon66 Registered

this is going to kick ass

14. WallCrawl Registered

Good understatement. :up:

15. Gambit_Fan Registered

does anyone know where i will b able to buy advent children/final fatasy t-shirts? somewhere other than ebay would be great

16. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

The question is, had this been released in theatres as opposed to Spirits Within, would it have honestly made any more money?

17. Gambit_Fan Registered

18. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I actually think it would, because unlike Spirits, this actually is Final Fantasy.

19. Gambit_Fan Registered

and unlike spirits within this film will be excellent

20. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

This is still one of the best CG shots I have ever seen. Not because it looks real, but because they took a normally cartoony character and basically gave her a realistic look that works.

[​IMG]

21. The Trainman Cained.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will play at a nearby movie theater very close to my house. It is scheduled to be released in September at the "New Montreal FilmFest" for only a day! Tickets will go on sale in the coming weeks. :up:

22. Gambit_Fan Registered

where do you live?

23. The Trainman Cained.

Montreal. I'll try to post a link for confirmation.

24. The Trainman Cained.

I made a mistake. It's not going to be released with the New Montreal FilmFest but rather, Le Festival du nouveau cinéma de Montréal.

Here's the link:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/arti.../arts/article/18/1,144,161,082005,1135080.php

It's in french - which I speak very well...

Le Festival du nouveau cinéma dévoile ses gros noms

Presse Canadienne

Montréal

Le Festival du nouveau cinéma de Montréal (FNC) a annoncé huit nouveaux titres et une rétrospective parmi les 150 oeuvres de sa 34e édition, qui se déroulera du 13 au 23 octobre.

Les films seront diffusés à Ex-Centris, au Cinéma Impérial, à la Cinémathèque québécoise, dans le Théâtre Hall de l'Université Concordia, au Cinéma du Parc et au Studio du Musée Juste pour rire.

Claude Chamberlan, directeur de la programmation cinéma, a indiqué que le film «Petit Pow ! Pow ! Noël» de Robert Morin sera diffusé en première mondiale.

Par ailleurs, «Dear Windy», le dernier film de l'enfant terrible du cinéma danois Thomas Vinterberg sera présenté, tout comme «Free Zone» d'Amos Gitai (Israël), qui a valu le Prix d'interprétation au Festival de Cannes 2005 à la comédienne israélienne Hanna Laslo.

Les autres films sont «Zim & Co.» de Pierre Jolivet (France), «Nuit noire» de Olivier Smolders (Belgique), «All About My Dog» réalisé par un collectif de cinéastes japonais et produit par Taka Ichise.

Aussi, en première nord-américaine, il y aura la version finale long métrage de «Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children» de Tetsuya Nomura et Takeshi Nozue (Japon).

Le Festival présentera une rétrospective complète des films du cinéaste russe Alexandre Sokourov.

En juin dernier, le Festival a annoncé les présentations des films «L'enfant» de Jean-Pierre et Luc Dardenne (Belgique), Palme d'Or du Festival de Cannes 2005, «Manderlay» de Lars von Trier (Danemark), «Le filmeur» d'Alain Cavalier (France) et «Une nuit» de Niki Karimi (Iran).

25. Gambit_Fan Registered

u could of translated i cant speak french well