Days of Future Past Finally!!! The X-Men franchise has an Oscar nomination!

Kargo Warrior

Scientist
Reaction score
Best Visual Effects...so,so deserved!Congrats to the team!

That's fantastic. Well deserved too.

Finally!!!!

Personally I didnt it would make the cut especially over Transformers and The Hobbit. Some of the vfx looked kinda obvious like for the Sentinels but this is GREAT!!!

B7ZPnxnCEAIfU0j.jpg:large

:applaud :bow:

Visual Effects, because we need to put these hugely popular movies somewhere where the Hollywood elite won't get angry ;)

Uhhh nah. The Visual effects community should be given recognition for their work.

Congrats to my buddy who worked on the VFX! :)

I think Apes will get this unfortunately.

Uhhh nah. The Visual effects community should be given recognition for their work.
I was joking... It just always makes me laugh how comic book movies never appear anywhere but in these sorts of categories

I am very happy. This nomination is well deserved and even though it will not win (my money is on apes), it is nice this movie got recognized by the academy.

They did a good job with the VFX, The Sentinels looked good visually and all the mutant powers (Quicksilver, Blink, Iceman, Storm, Magneto and others) looked good on screen. I noticed this more when I saw the movie again on Blu ray. FYI the same guy who did the VFX for Prometheus also worked on X-Men, and Prometheus was also nominated.

Oh yeah, I hope they bring back Richard Stammers for X-Men: Apocalypse!

what about the 3D rendition though?

Nice, may not win but to get a nomination shows it had some good input in the visuals department. Good company its in as well. I expect Apes will win but I have not seen interstellar yet.

Great for the x-men crew that usually dont get the kudos of the big name actors and directors.

There's a lot of Latin American directors out there that could be a perfect fit for an X-Men installment, a standalone, preferably. There's Birdman's González Inárritu and Gravity's Cuarón. They could totally get X-Men to the Oscars bigtime.

There's a lot of Latin American directors out there that could be a perfect fit for an X-Men installment, a standalone, preferably. There's Birdman's González Inárritu and Gravity's Cuarón. They could totally get X-Men to the Oscars bigtime.

Neither of them will ever, EVER direct a CBM.

Inarritu actually hates superhero films, and Cuaron just has no interest in doing another FX heavy project; not after Gravity.

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes shoulda won for visual effects.

Shocked though that this is the first nomination for this franchise.

From 2000 to 2006 there were only 3 films per year that made the nominations list.

Neither of them will ever, EVER direct a CBM.

Inarritu actually hates superhero films, and Cuaron just has no interest in doing another FX heavy project; not after Gravity.
Oh, well that's a pity, ain't it? I'm sure there are others.

A fan can dream.

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes shoulda won for visual effects.

Shocked though that this is the first nomination for this franchise.

Agreed on both points.

The Spidey franchise has 5 nominations and 1 win so far and the MCU has 8 nominations. Batman as a franchise has 15 nominations and 3 wins. Superman as a franchise since 1978 has 4 nominations and 1 Special Achievement win(they didn't have a Visual Effects Oscar category in 1978 so it just got a special achievement Oscar for it's SFX).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"