Finn Wittrock is NOT Guy Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Green-Lantern.png

Finn Wittrock To Headline ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series As Guy Gardner – Deadline

Wittrock’s Guy Gardner/Green Lantern is a hulking mass of masculinity, and, as rendered in the comics, an embodiment of 1980s hyper-patriotism. And yet, Guy is somehow likable.

Wittrock has earned two Emmy nominations, for American Horror Story: Freak Show and for Versace: American Crime Story. He is joining the Berlanti TV universe after working exclusively in series for the past seven years with another mega TV producer, Ryan Murphy. Wittrock has done multiple installments of AHS, including the upcoming 10th season, which he recently wrapped, as well as Versace and Ratched, which has been renewed for a second season. In features, he will next be seen in Deep Water and A Mouthful of Air.

Everyone talks about the hair color and bowl cut, but I’m here to see that vest brought to life.

Since his portion's actually set in the 80's, I expect they'll embrace the cheese and go Full Vest.

He wasnt anywhere in my mind when it came to who could play Guy but...I'm not totally opposed to it. It'll suck that he likely wont be interacting with the likes of Hal/John/Kyle.

Solid casting, no doubt he has that Superhero look. Personally i think he'd make a better Hal Jordan than Guy, but he's solid casting.

He wasnt anywhere in my mind when it came to who could play Guy but...I'm not totally opposed to it. It'll suck that he likely wont be interacting with the likes of Hal/John/Kyle.
I'm still holding out hope that Kyle will join S2. Hal & John are almost certainly off-limits, but Kyle not so much. Plus, so far they're skipping the 90's, leaving a gap for him. They could introduce him as Ion or the White Lantern in modern times in the S1 finale, and then we could start getting his backstory in the 90's in S2. Of course, they'd have to get creative with how they'd do the Emerald Twilight thing without Hal, but maybe they'll have Sinestro's downfall be the equivalent.

I think one of the best things the post-First Class X-Men movies did was implement a sort of comic book time on-screen, and with so many of the cast seeming to inhabit different time periods, I wouldn’t hate if that was used here.

Like Guy just showing up in the modern day. “Yeah, I haven’t aged in almost 40 years, but who gives a ****?”

Like I wrote earlier, solid casting if it was for Hal Jordan.

I love the GL part of the DC universe but must say that I am rather worried about people like Berlanti and Guggenheim doing this.

I'm still holding out hope that Kyle will join S2. Hal & John are almost certainly off-limits, but Kyle not so much. Plus, so far they're skipping the 90's, leaving a gap for him. They could introduce him as Ion or the White Lantern in modern times in the S1 finale, and then we could start getting his backstory in the 90's in S2. Of course, they'd have to get creative with how they'd do the Emerald Twilight thing without Hal, but maybe they'll have Sinestro's downfall be the equivalent.

I want to see Kyle in live-action more than any other character in DC or Marvel, but he was designed to be special, hence the "Torchbearer" moniker. I don't have a problem with the show holding off on him in the beginning. He could debut when the Corps is in some kind of major crisis, and he's the one who brings them back, ala reigniting the CPB to bring back the GotU in Green Lantern Vol 3, #150.

The stuff with Guy is set in the 80s, right? So yeah I guess I could see them holding off on Kyle until season 2 or whenever and introducing him in the 90s. That would fit, since that was when he was created and if I remember correctly, he was wearing a Nine Inch Nails shirt in his first real appearance.

But whatever happens with Kyle...if the movie happens, does that mean John and Hal are in the present day, after Guy has been a GL for decades? Not sure how I feel about that.

Great choice. He’s not who I was imaging for the role but now he’s got it I think he will be a really great Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"