Finn Wittrock IS Guy Gardner

Discussion in 'Green Lantern' started by flickchick85, May 1, 2021.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

[​IMG]

Finn Wittrock To Headline ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series As Guy Gardner – Deadline

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  2. Sawyer High King

Everyone talks about the hair color and bowl cut, but I’m here to see that vest brought to life.

3. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Since his portion's actually set in the 80's, I expect they'll embrace the cheese and go Full Vest.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

He wasnt anywhere in my mind when it came to who could play Guy but...I'm not totally opposed to it. It'll suck that he likely wont be interacting with the likes of Hal/John/Kyle.

5. MurkeNyou Registered

Solid casting, no doubt he has that Superhero look. Personally i think he'd make a better Hal Jordan than Guy, but he's solid casting.

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I'm still holding out hope that Kyle will join S2. Hal & John are almost certainly off-limits, but Kyle not so much. Plus, so far they're skipping the 90's, leaving a gap for him. They could introduce him as Ion or the White Lantern in modern times in the S1 finale, and then we could start getting his backstory in the 90's in S2. Of course, they'd have to get creative with how they'd do the Emerald Twilight thing without Hal, but maybe they'll have Sinestro's downfall be the equivalent.

Lantern Venom and Deck Rickard like this.
  7. Sawyer High King

I think one of the best things the post-First Class X-Men movies did was implement a sort of comic book time on-screen, and with so many of the cast seeming to inhabit different time periods, I wouldn’t hate if that was used here.

Like Guy just showing up in the modern day. “Yeah, I haven’t aged in almost 40 years, but who gives a ****?”

8. super85 Registered

Like I wrote earlier, solid casting if it was for Hal Jordan.

I love the GL part of the DC universe but must say that I am rather worried about people like Berlanti and Guggenheim doing this.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  9. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

I want to see Kyle in live-action more than any other character in DC or Marvel, but he was designed to be special, hence the "Torchbearer" moniker. I don't have a problem with the show holding off on him in the beginning. He could debut when the Corps is in some kind of major crisis, and he's the one who brings them back, ala reigniting the CPB to bring back the GotU in Green Lantern Vol 3, #150.

flickchick85 likes this.
  10. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

The stuff with Guy is set in the 80s, right? So yeah I guess I could see them holding off on Kyle until season 2 or whenever and introducing him in the 90s. That would fit, since that was when he was created and if I remember correctly, he was wearing a Nine Inch Nails shirt in his first real appearance.

But whatever happens with Kyle...if the movie happens, does that mean John and Hal are in the present day, after Guy has been a GL for decades? Not sure how I feel about that.

11. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Great choice. He’s not who I was imaging for the role but now he’s got it I think he will be a really great Guy

12. All-Father Godly