"Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you want the Human Torch to be visualized?

Human_Torch.jpg

I didn't mind the CGI for Johnny in the first 2 movies....and I'm sure its even better technology today...

I have nothing against Jordan but

NOOO!!!

Stop Fox, gave F4's rights to Marvel already!

Against my better judgment I'm going to give Fox the benefit of the doubt and pass this off as something like one of Marvel Studios' short list red herrings taken to its most absurd extent, but even then this is pushing it.

To be fair, I actually do think that he make for a great Johnny, I just don't see the need for changing the character's race.

But it's whatever. If they feel he's the best choice, particularly for this version, then so be it. I just hope that they go the adopted siblings route as opposed to making both Sue and Johnny black and it seems they will if necessary.

I'm black and I love me some Michael B. Jordan. But this is dumb. This isn't Heimdall or Perry White, its Johnny storm. I hope this doesn't go through.

I would really hate it if one of my favorite young actors gets trashed by fanboys and part of the media because of his race. It was ugly enough when Elba went through it.

He's an excellent actor, but if they want to stick him a superhero flick put him in Static or something where he can shine. Don't change it just for the sake of it.

THis is THE worst casting news I have ever heard. I pray this does not happen. For some characters this is fine, but this screams pathetic. These are iconic characters! Why change their race just to fit an agenda. ARRGGGHH! No one would even think of changing Luke Cage to a white man, but this is okay? Whatever. I do like him as an actor and loved Chronicle, but this really sucks.

Well, it's not THE worst casting news you've ever heard I'm sure.

i do think he has the perfect personality for johnny storm

really? I'll admit not reading a lot of FF but I always thought of JS as a somewhat *****ey frat boy type who bangs everything in a skirt. I don't think that when i look at MBJ, no doubt he could pull it off though. He's a damn good actor but i think this is a very bad move.

I like him but I hope this doesn't fall through... it's like that one guy's fan casting is coming true.

T"Challa;25742509 said:
really? I'll admit not reading a lot of FF but I always thought of JS as a somewhat *****ey frat boy type who bangs everything in a skirt. I don't think that when i look at MBJ, no doubt he could pull it off though. He's a damn good actor but i think this is a very bad move.
well was'nt he pretty much that cocky frat boy who got all the chicks in chronicle:oldrazz:

Sue's race would change as well & Reed maybe as well. This is something you do not do. ****ING FOX. They never change

Johnny isn't a *****e per se, he just likes to goof around, crack jokes, thinks with his penis and is into fame. You may as well say 95% of straight males are *****es.

If FOX did the Black Panther. They would probably make him a white guy. If this pulls through

Sue's race would change as well & Reed maybe as well. This is something you do not do. ****ING FOX. They never change

Why is everyone assuming this? The only person's race besides Johnny whose race would HAVE to change is Sue and that's only if they don't make Sue and Johnny adopted siblings instead to compensate for the race difference.

Wow, I'm not crazy about it if does happen but some of you guys are getting a little disturbingly too bent out of shape about it.

Why is everyone assuming this? The only person's race besides Johnny whose race would have to change is Sue and that's only if they don't make Sue and Johnny adopted siblings instead to compensate for the race different.

You just dont change things for major comic book characters. That has never been changed in the comics. If the director wants this guy in the movie. Give him another role. Not change things just because they can

WHAT??? Listen I'm black and I'm all for diversity but for major characters like Johnny Storm I'm really not into the idea of changing races. He may be perfect for their vision but I'm not convinced its the right move to make them non white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"