Michael B Jordan is "Flame On!" The Human Torch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,It only seemed proper that I be the one to kick off this thread.:woot: Discuss everyone's favorite Hot Head,Johnny Storm.

I think I would kill to see Aaron Paul as Johnny Storm.

aaron-paul-18.jpg

Dave Franco would be my top choice for johnny at the moment

UkbIMi5.jpg

Aaron Paul needs to be the Flash honestly. He seems a little too mature for Storm.

He's older than Chris Evans and you just know they're going younger for every one of the Four.

To me, the Human Torch needs to be somebody who's both the comic relief and the POV character. Reed and Sue will get into all sorts of techno babble that Ben can sometimes keep up with but Johnny is totally lost on those conversations. He's not dumb, but he's a man of ordinary intelligence on a team full of scientists and feels out of the loop.

ya, I guess you do need that one character who tells the smart guy to dumb it down for the GA to understand

Last edited:
ya, i guess your do that one character who tells the smart guy to dumb it down for the GA to understand

Well the average person isn't going to understand fractal geometry or string theory and applying theoretical math and science to astrophysics is going to lose people.

I would not mind Michael B Jordan playing HT. As long as the core of the character is done right I don't care what race he is.

Zac Efron can play both cocky and serious characters. How about him?

does the actor have to be "currently" blonde? I think that some folks aren't thinking outside the box.

I hope lots more power stunts are seen this time- more fire-shaping for sure. Carrying people in-flight is another.

Jeremy Sumpter. I'm sure he can play a cocky hothead :)

I forgot all about Sumpter, man. All i remember about him was Peter Pan.

does the actor have to be "currently" blonde? I think that some folks aren't thinking outside the box.

I hope lots more power stunts are seen this time- more fire-shaping for sure. Carrying people in-flight is another.

Well, considering threads were made about Sue and Johnny not being blonde in the first movie. To some? Yes....

Hell, if RDJ can come back from the **** up that was his life, ANYONE can....he was screwed up.

Well, considering threads were made about Sue and Johnny not being blonde in the first movie. To some? Yes....
Those complaints were stupid then and they're stupid now. It's the "Amy Adams can't be Lois Lane because she's a redhead" nonsense all over again. As long as they get the characters personality traits right, hair color is irrelevant.

You know, I would have disagreed with you before the 2nd movie.

I saw that the problems of the first movie were not Alba's look, I thought they did a great job with that....THEN there was the 2nd movie, and my gawd, I wish they would have just allowed her to wear the honey brown color that she usually has for hair color than put that dumb ass wig on her AND THE MAKE UP.

So now, IF THEY ARE GOING TO DO SUCH A CRAPPY JOB with make up etc....then yes, simply pick a solid actor and let them stay as they are, then fine.

I am one that thinks the visuals of a comic book are very important in the movie, as is the storyline. But, if they are going to do a horrible job of meeting that visual, then chunk that aspect of it and let the actor stay with their own look.

If the visual of the comic book was not important and only the character and storyline are....then the comic book is no longer a comic book, it is now a book. But I would much rather have a solid actor than one that only looks the part, that we can definitely agree on.

I don't mind if he isn't blond, but I think Sue has to be she is iconic as a blonde. Jessica Alba looked freaky in the 2nd movie.

They got a little better after the London scene, and she looked fine through the Russia scenes, China scene, etc....and THEN THERE WAS THE WEDDING SCENE AT THE END. Oh dear lord....

And I never understood why. She dyed her hair in the first movie which was easy because she had it blonde for Sin City. Then they had to do a scene after she had cut her hair. She cut her hair the week after they wrapped. So they put her in a wig for the scene where she sees the news stand magazines and the people start chasing her. THAT was a wig, and it looked great. WHY IN HELL did they not just use that wig again.

The make up and hair people should have been put out of their misery for that 2nd movie.

When you ask people about Sue Storm, I bet you that her being blonde will be far from the first thing that people come up with.

When you ask people about Sue Storm, I bet you that her being blonde will be far from the first thing that people come up with.

If its the general audience, the first thing would be them thinking she controls the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"