Flashpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh erm, how, unremarkable.

I guess the Graysons, Frankenstein and Aquaman ones might be nice.

Well, at least I'll be saving some money thanks to this event.

15 mini-series?! Why? Why do all of these events have to have so many tie-ins? Can they not just leave it at one?

At least it might mean that it won't bleed into ongoings.

There have been theories that these miniseries will replace various ongoings for a short time.

There have been theories that these miniseries will replace various ongoings for a short time.
I hope Wonder Woman doesn't go through another time change for her ongoing. Even though this series is sounding more and more like Marvel's HOM and AOA.

The Blackest Night tie-ins didn't do that, so i really don't see the point for these either.

People are actually comparing this to Age of Apocalypse. The ongoings might reflect some sort of alternate reality.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30575
If last week's teasers covering four of their biggest franchises wasn't clue enough, DC Comics made it clear today that their incoming "Flashpoint" event is going to be big. At least 15 tie-in mini series big, and that's just for starters.
The publisher revealed today on their The Source blog that the Geoff Johns/Andy Kubert five-issue event – ostensibly spinning out of Johns' run on "The Flash" – will be supported by 15 mini series, 14 of which saw their titles unveiled in the following order:
Whatever Happened to Gotham City?

FLASHPOINT: BATMAN KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: DEADMAN AND THE FLYING GRAYSONS #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the World’s Greatest Super Villains?
FLASHPOINT: CITIZEN COLD #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: DEATHSTROKE & THE CURSE OF THE RAVAGER #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: THE OUTSIDER #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the Aliens?
FLASHPOINT: ABIN SUR THE GREENLANTERN #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: PROJECT: SUPERMAN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Science & Magic?
FLASHPOINT: FRANKENSTEIN & THE CREATURES OF THE UNKNOWN #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: SECRET SEVEN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Europe?
FLASHPOINT: EMPEROR AQUAMAN #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: WONDER WOMAN AND THE FURIES #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: LOIS LANE AND THE RESISTANCE #1-#3

Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash
FLASHPOINT: KID FLASH LOST #1-#3
FLASHPOINT: THE WORLD OF FLASHPOINT #1-#3
An earlier Source post confirmed that a 15th mini series in on tap "along with several important one shots" while adding "'Flashpoint' spans the DC Universe from the dark streets of Gotham to the ruins of Big Ben. It’s an international tale of action and intrigue that impacts an entire universe."
Aside from the fact that no creative teams were announced for the 14 three-issue series that were revealed today, the one standout detail from DC's announcement is the "Whatever Happened?" question serving as story hook for each set of minis. Originated in Alan Moore and Curt Swan's classic pre-Crisis Superman tale "Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow?" the phrase has recently been turned into a DC story brand of sorts thanks to Neil Gaiman and Kubert's "Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?" story in Batman. Both of those comics involved "imaginary stories" picturing alternate futures and deaths for the two iconic heroes.

If the 15th mystery mini series also ends up clocking in at three issues, the entire "Flashpoint" event currently stands at 50 total issues – not counting any additional one shots or monthly series tie-ins. That means full immersion in the event will cost readers a minimum of $149.50 at DC's current $2.99-a-comics price point. "Flashpoint" launches with a preview in this year's DC offering for Free Comic Book Day, which is May 7. The regular series follows this summer.
t7ixpt.jpg

Well, okay then. Kind of overusing, and kind of misusing, the Whatever Happened to...? title, but you know, whatever.

<_<

I don't know, may check out some of those if I bother with the event.

>_>

Isn't that basically like the worst of both worlds?

In some ways, I would say so, but in some other ways not so much. You may miss out on three months of a series, which would suck, but at least you don't have to sit through three months of a (most likely) useless tie-in to an event you may not be reading. If you are reading, just business as usual.

Also, is that Wonder Woman at the opposite end? I can't tell.

What? No. No "business as usual." You're sitting on your hands for 3 months while the comic(s) you read have been replaced by the tie-in(s) to the event you're not interested in. :huh:

What? No. No "business as usual." You're sitting on your hands for 3 months while the comic(s) you read have been replaced by the tie-in(s) to the event you're not interested in. :huh:

I meant if you're reading the event, it's business as usual. You just pick up that in place of the monthly for those three installment.

Oh, well yeah, but I don't care about the people who are reading the event. :oldrazz:

You can drop that rough and gruff librarian grit here, Corp. We all know you really have a heart of gold.

Heh, coincidentally, I just directed our security guard to tell some people to stop singing in the library. They got all dejected and it warmed my heart a bit. :)

Yeah, but you only did it because that group of misguided ghetto youth moved in on them and saw trouble brewing, while donating a third of your paycheck to charity via Paypal and also listening to She & Him on your iPod simultaneously.

Lies. I did it because even though libraries are no longer the silent refuges they once were thanks to the universally accepted encroachment of cell phones into every second of our daily lives, you're still supposed to be somewhat quiet so your fellow students can get work done around here. Also, I don't donate anything but my blood, and just what the f*** is wrong with liking She & Him? :cmad:

Lies. I did it because even though libraries are no longer the silent refuges they once were thanks to the universally accepted encroachment of cell phones into every second of our daily lives, you're still supposed to be somewhat quiet so your fellow students can get work done around here. Also, I don't donate anything but my blood, and just what the f*** is wrong with liking She & Him? :cmad:

There's nothing wrong with She & Him, at all. But it's a sign of the sweetest and sentimentalist of hearts, in other words....

Softies.

Even the hardest-boiled egg has a soft and delicious interior.

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"