• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Football (Soccer)

So Burnley are gone, not a great shock but more of a surprise Spurs managed to win a game.

United v Arsenal today. Its the sort of game where Arsenal need to win and we dont really have much to play for and we will end up pulling at a result and literally hand the title to City, that would pretty much sum us up these past seasons. But Im not sure how many fit players we even have so it might be Arsenal v Under 10's and an easy 3 and move on for them anyway.

City just look unstoppable though so even though the game will get hyped up today no doubt I'm not sure it will be that significant in the end. Hard to see City dropping any points now.
I’m not expecting us to win today, tbh. We have a terrible record away at Old Trafford and ten Hag still holds a grudge over the Garnacho offside in the reverse match and is spoiling for blood.

I feel like the media are desperate for someone other than City to win the 4th title on the bounce and are hyping Arsenal and Arteta as much as possible and heaping praise on them without actually winning much when it really matters. I mean for all they talk they have had they might end up with less than us if we pull out a miracle in the FA cup final, which while year they are a better team than us, trophies tend to speak for themselves.

I like what Arsenal are doing and at least Arteta has improved things but they need to get a few more things over the line I feel for some of the talk they get and get a few more trophies in the cabinet for it to really count for anything.
I completely agree. To think in comparison to Arteta, for all the crap ten Hag gets, in two years he’s gotten to three cup finals, won one and could potentially win another. Another thing that annoys me is Arteta seems to be not take the cup competions as seriously, focusing on the bigger trophies and when we ultimately fall out of those we end up with nothing.

I’m not expecting us to win today, tbh. We have a terrible record away at Old Trafford and ten Hag still holds a grudge over the Garnacho offside in the reverse match and is spoiling for blood.
Looking at the side we have out it doesnt look great for us again, Casemiro and Evans as a back pair again despite the disaster of Monday night and once one goal goes in I can see the heads dropping pretty quickly again against a side much better than Palace. The occasion might be the only thing that effects Arsenal like it did Liverpool at OT a few weeks back and if they let one in and get nervy we might nick something but I dont see anything other than an Arsenal win today honestly. We are miles off it at the moment.

I completely agree. To think in comparison to Arteta, for all the crap ten Hag gets, in two years he’s gotten to three cup finals, won one and could potentially win another. Another thing that annoys me is Arteta seems to be not take the cup competions as seriously, focusing on the bigger trophies and when we ultimately fall out of those we end up with nothing.
Its weird how times and perspectives changes sometimes. I can remember a time when Wenger towards the end was getting lambasted for being happy with a "top 4 finish" and the odd cup and that was not considered good enough for Arsenals standards, now they are not really doing a great deal more than that but getting a lot of praise for it and Arteta is being held up as the next Pep.

I always find it funny though how sides, managers and players get hyped as achieving great things half way through a season before a trophy is even handed out, they just usually get forgotten about rather quickly and swept under the rug.

At least you still have a small glimmer of hope for the title and doenst look like its gotten too much this time so all you can do is win today and hope somebody does something crazy against City in one of their remaining games.

Must-win game for Arsenal today. Utd are fighting to get back to zero/positive goal difference but the road seems long :D

I hope Mainoo can put in a promising performance after being quiet recently, and also that him, Saka and Rice get through 1 more big match ahead of the Euros without injury.

Trossard in hot form recently, finishes to put Arsenal 1-0 up.

Finishes 1-0 to Arsenal. Never expected Utd to get anything out of this and at least it wasn’t a heavy defeat.

So a "good result" of only losing 0-1 to Arsenal. Not a shock given the team and we did a little bit more than Monday at least but were looked very toothless upfront and a few of our players dont really know what to do in the final third too often anyway so we never really troubled Arsenal even though we had more of the ball than I expected at times.

Arsenal not at their best but didnt really need to be and were happy to settle for the win and the ball is back in City's court at least on Tuesday so they still have a job to do. At least it goes to the final day now and u never know.

Top 6 now gone for us and lost more games than anyone else in the top half of the table, pretty poor stuff.

Not sure what is more crazy stat, Arsenal only winning at Old Trafford just 5 times or that all their wins have all been 1-0 (Premier league comp)

Looking at the side we have out it doesnt look great for us again, Casemiro and Evans as a back pair again despite the disaster of Monday night and once one goal goes in I can see the heads dropping pretty quickly again against a side much better than Palace. The occasion might be the only thing that effects Arsenal like it did Liverpool at OT a few weeks back and if they let one in and get nervy we might nick something but I dont see anything other than an Arsenal win today honestly. We are miles off it at the moment.
Tbh, I thought we were very lucky to get away with the three points. I thought we were piss poor actually. You guys were the better side, but you just couldn't create the clear cut chances and make the most of the opportunities.

Its weird how times and perspectives changes sometimes. I can remember a time when Wenger towards the end was getting lambasted for being happy with a "top 4 finish" and the odd cup and that was not considered good enough for Arsenals standards, now they are not really doing a great deal more than that but getting a lot of praise for it and Arteta is being held up as the next Pep.

I always find it funny though how sides, managers and players get hyped as achieving great things half way through a season before a trophy is even handed out, they just usually get forgotten about rather quickly and swept under the rug.

At least you still have a small glimmer of hope for the title and doenst look like its gotten too much this time so all you can do is win today and hope somebody does something crazy against City in one of their remaining games.
I completely agree. This is what annoys me about the fanbase. I love Wenger, but it was time for him to move on, but I completely disagreed and hated the abuse and hounding he got from a large majority of the fanbase, who incidentally are the same fans who are now making excuses for and giving the benefit of the doubt to Arteta time and and time again. If they are prepared to treat a man who has won us 3 league titles, numerous FA Cups and went head to head with arguably the greatest manager of all time in SAF for a period of time with such contempt, then I expect it to be reasonable to question and critique those who come after him and to be treated with the same energy and consistency. But alas, anytime you try to something about this manager, or ask for accountability, you are shouted down and labelled 'Not a Real Arsenal Fan'. :down

Tbh, I thought we were very lucky to get away with the three points. I thought we were piss poor actually. You guys were the better side, but you just couldn't create the clear cut chances and make the most of the opportunities.
I dont think Arsenal got out of second gear but then they didnt really need too. I dont think we would have scored if we had stayed playing until midnight. I think Arteta saw we werent posing a great threat and just shut up shop in the last 20 minutes to see the job out. I cant remember your keeper having many shots to save of note, I think we managed 1 on target, Onana made two or three so I think if you needed to step it up you could have if needed.

Either way it got the job done and you move on, your relying on Spurs or West Ham now though in reality to do something special rather than yourselves now, you should see off Everton at home final day.

I dont think Arsenal got out of second gear but then they didnt really need too. I dont think we would have scored if we had stayed playing until midnight. I think Arteta saw we werent posing a great threat and just shut up shop in the last 20 minutes to see the job out. I cant remember your keeper having many shots to save of note, I think we managed 1 on target, Onana made two or three so I think if you needed to step it up you could have if needed.

Either way it got the job done and you move on, your relying on Spurs or West Ham now though in reality to do something special rather than yourselves now, you should see off Everton at home final day.
That's a fair assessment. :up: I feel we should have pushed for a second goal though just as a cushion in case you pulled it back.

As far as I'm concerned, the title is done and I'm already looking to next season. Any slim hopes we had evaporated when we got turned over by Villa. City just don't drop the ball when they get to this point of the season and in this position. I bet they couldn't believe their luck when both us a Liverpool dropped it in one weekend and they went from third to first. I can't see either of their final games going in our favour. Not only because City are too good, but neither of teams have any fondness for us and I feel both will likely have that in the back of their minds and won't play to their utmost if it means doing us a favour. Spurs doing their lap of honour yesterday when they still have City to play as their final home game says it all.

If you treat the game today in a vacuum it honestly wasn't that bad. We're missing like 10 key players? Nothing really to play for realistically, Arsenal in a title fight with everything on the line and their full team in force ready to get the 3 points. Then you watch the game and it was a pretty close one and if it hadn't been for Casemiro having a brain fart at the goal, it probably would have finished 0-0 in all honesty. With so many good players out, this game on its own wasn't that bad.

I know our season has been a disaster and every draw or loss will pile on the hate but I don't think City or Liverpool would have won today with that many players gone either. This is one of those times I'm scratching my head at the fans "fuming over another loss" "enough is enough" or whatever when you see talksport videos pop up. It's fine to be mad about the season but all things considered today was good and most people expected us to lose heavily going into this game.

In the grand scope of our season, that wasn't our worst performance. Saw a good bit of the ball & created a few half chances, considering our selection woes which seem like they've existed all season, I think we didn't do too badly. Arsenal didn't look like they got out of 3rd gear & in truth never needed to because of how we gifted them the lead.

Amad was probably our brightest spark, looked lively running at defenders, good awareness & composure most of the time, gets his head up & uses his brain before making a decision, his agility is fantastic also. Hopefully he gets more minutes in these last few games, I believe his injury is minor & was taken off as a precaution. I definitely want him kept next season regardless of what happens with anyone else, he's definitely a diamond in the rough.

The result almost certainly condemns us to an 8th place finish, which I believe is out of Europe completely next season barring a collapse from Newcastle & Chelsea given their monstrous goal difference advantage. Massive summer with some big changes & decisions to be made, we are closer to the relegation zone than we are to the top at this point.

Just saw that. So 3 of our best players liked with £100m moves (Bruno, Isak & Gordon) lol. I'd rather keep them all but at least it shows some of our buys are succeeding. If Mike Ashley was still in charge he would be licking his lips at the prospect of £300m of sales.

I’ll miss Klopp. :D

Go Spurs. :awesome:
Would make things interesting but as it would massively benefit Arsenal I dont see it. Spurs could be 3-0 up at HT and I would still fancy City to get the victory.

At least it starts with potential as a game but I expect to City to win without too many issues, if they get a couple early one then Spurs will crumble.

Raphael Varane to leave Manchester United at end of season

Cant say I am surprised, great player in his time but far too injury prone at the time we bought him and not really up for the competitive nature of the Prem at his age. Was decent at times for us, other times made to look old.
Utd have bought a few too many players past their best and in their injury prone years, and in some cases still very expensive!

Reactions: B
Utd have bought a few too many players past their best and in their injury prone years, and in some cases still very expensive!
Very much sums up our transfer policy post SAF, players with big names and on big contracts but their best days long behind them. Schweinstieger, Varane, Di Maria, Falcao, Casemiro will probably go down as one too given how this season has gone downhill rapidly after a good season last season, Sanchez, Ibrahimovich, Cavani its long long list of failure and panic buying in some cases. His leaving leaves a gap of course but not a massive one but no doubt this could be the first of a few that need to be moved on, the problem is getting rid of the ones that are harder to shift on, the likes of Martial and Maguire but who also need shifting on as well after seasons of failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"