• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Football (Soccer)

Lots of rumors circulating about ETH tonight, hard to know how its all going to go at the moment and what to believe. There's usually though no smoke without fire so no doubt a lot of talks are going on with various contacts feeling out likely responses and interest from third parties should a change happen.

Saturday could be the thing that makes or breaks it or it may be decided before that anyway. Seems unlikely just one game will decide his fate.

If ETH does go I wonder where he would end up.

Kompany to Bayern feels kinda like a joke. If you're Leverkusen or Dortmund you're really rubbing your hands at the prospect of winning Bundesliga next year. Harry Kane really joined Bayern at the wrong time. :D
Kane since joining Bayern:

Knocked out of the Pokal
Knocked out of Champions League
Their streak of 12 Bundesliga in a row gone
Kompany as manager

Best of luck to him, could either be a success or seriously backfire. It's a clear gamble.

Kane since joining Bayern:

Knocked out of the Pokal
Knocked out of Champions League
Their streak of 12 Bundesliga in a row gone
Kompany as manager

Best of luck to him, could either be a success or seriously backfire. It's a clear gamble.
Still more chance of winning something with them next season than Spurs probably though. But yeah winning nothing in the first season was probably not very likely when he first went there. Kompany as manager would be extremely out of leftfield given the season he has had, not keeping Burnley up is not a huge shock but hardly screams next Bayern boss who failed themselves this season on a grand scale either. Strange choice if it comes true.

If ETH does go I wonder where he would end up.
I think IF he went he would still have a lot of big clubs after him. I think most wouldnt blame him too much for the mess at United we walked into anyway, we are not really built for anyone to succeed easily at the moment, its more of a against the odds kind of job. His biggest mistakes though have been thinking the likes of Onana, Antony and Mount were signings that would work. The dressing room was a mess when he walked in and had been for years so he just hasnt been able to change that, not exactly all on him. I expect a lot of top European clubs would give him another go, Bayern would do better with him than Kompany for one.

Whether they are gonna sack him or not, the fact that this is coming out in the press a day before the final is such a joke. Flashbacks of when Van Gaal was sacked despite winning the FA Cup. Even if you want to switch manager at least let him have the final and leave with some dignity.

Whether they are gonna sack him or not, the fact that this is coming out in the press a day before the final is such a joke. Flashbacks of when Van Gaal was sacked despite winning the FA Cup. Even if you want to switch manager at least let him have the final and leave with some dignity.
Probably makes it easier for them once we get a battering tomorrow and will make it easier for fans to swallow someone pays the price. Its a mess either way though, more leaks than a sieve this club. Not exactly a great uplifting mood to lift spirits before the cup final to go and win one against the odds. Feels like throwing in the towel before it even starts. Depressing.

Last edited:
It's funny seeing Chelsea interested in Maresca and us going after Mckenna, 2 managers who did a good job with their teams earning promotion to the Premier League, but it would also be 2 manager choices that would rule both clubs out of the top4 race next season for me. No offense to either manager and they could both grow into fantastic managers but it's so early in their careers and as we have seen at both Chelsea and Man Utd you simply don't just learn on the job.

But with that said I'm more for a long term project manager who can turn things around and lead us into a good era, rather than a Tuchel type appointment where we will have chaos for 2 years and a toxic sacking.

Cup final day, should be a great day if your teams involved in then final, used to be the highlight of the season, not sure which way it will go.

Now it feels like we are getting hammered before we even start against City and likely have no manager by the end of the day.

Fun times :funny: :funny:

Weirdly enough I don't feel we'll get hammered at all. Don't get me wrong, I still expect City to win it but I feel like the score line will probably be modest. Maybe I'm just burnt out on having expected hammerings in the past against teams like Liverpool and Arsenal and it ends up a boring draw or a 1 goal loss.

Even though I've had my issues with ETH through the season I'm not feeling any confidence at all about going into the next season with any of the other names we've been linked with.

Weirdly enough I don't feel we'll get hammered at all. Don't get me wrong, I still expect City to win it but I feel like the score line will probably be modest. Maybe I'm just burnt out on having expected hammerings in the past against teams like Liverpool and Arsenal and it ends up a boring draw or a 1 goal loss.

Even though I've had my issues with ETH through the season I'm not feeling any confidence at all about going into the next season with any of the other names we've been linked with.
I feel nothing if he stays or goes, I dont think this INEOS lot are any better than the Glazers and dont have a clue any more than them about what to do or have the money to do it anyway. I dont see a whole lot changing whatever happens in the summer next season.

I wouldn't even be surprised if we somehow won today but it all feels pointless in the sense that it seems ETH gets the sack even if he wins it. So instead of this potentially being the thing to redeem our season slightly and being a boost that can hopefully kick us off better next season, if we do a manager switch anyways it feels like this trophy is pointless.

It's funny seeing Chelsea interested in Maresca and us going after Mckenna, 2 managers who did a good job with their teams earning promotion to the Premier League, but it would also be 2 manager choices that would rule both clubs out of the top4 race next season for me. No offense to either manager and they could both grow into fantastic managers but it's so early in their careers and as we have seen at both Chelsea and Man Utd you simply don't just learn on the job.

But with that said I'm more for a long term project manager who can turn things around and lead us into a good era, rather than a Tuchel type appointment where we will have chaos for 2 years and a toxic sacking.
You'd do well with Thomas Frank or Roberto De Zerbi

According to Sky the frontrunners at Chelsea are McKenna, Maresca and Frank. So I guess different sources are going with different names but I don't feel like Mourinho is very high on Chelsea's list because he's the grumpiest guy in the business and I don't see him going along with being Todd Boehly's Yes-man, going with his ideas and applying the 4-4-3 tactic or whatever. :D

Rooney announced as new manager for Plymouth. I do hope he learns from the mistakes at Birmingham because if he mucks up here I feel like it will get harder for him to get another decent job.

Also regarding our manager carousel and all the names we are linked with, it's hard to feel any positivity. There are some good names but I think the huge problem is that we are in dire need of a project rebuild, and you have to remember that Arsenal had a few bad seasons under Arteta (finishing 8th twice and then 5th) before they had a great season finishing 2nd. I just don't think most of our fans are patient enough and no matter who we get we'll be out of the top4 race at Christmas (because we're not good enough) and people will call for the new manager's head already.

I hope the final can stay competitive for as long as possible. Still 0-0 for now at least.

Garnacho scores!!

1-0 United, Garnacho has a tap in after a huge error at the back by City. Against the run of play but makes things interesting.

Massive blunder between Ederson and Gvardiol lol, just a tap in for Garnacho after that.

Thought that was 2-0 after Garnacho set up Rashford but offside.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    stevezorz
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"