• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Football (Soccer)

WTH is going on, now Mainoo does score!! 2-0!

Outplayed City so far but leave it to us to either crap the bed in the second half, or sack the manager if we win and puncturing any balloon of hope this win might give

Wow, United 2-0.

Its always a good day when City loses
They aint lost yet :funny: :funny: :funny:

We know as soon as one goals in against us we will ship in 2 or 3 in quick succession and heads will drop. Have to say having a decent defensive partnership at the back of Varane and Martinez makes a world of difference, just hope they can see out the full game.

Hard work starts now if we want to see this out.

Last edited:
They aint lost yet :funny: :funny: :funny:

We know as soon as one goals in against use we will ship in 2 or 3 in quick succession and heads will drop. Have to say having a decent defensive partnership at the back of Varane and Martinez makes a world of difference, just hope they can see out the full game.

Hard work starts now if we want to see this out.
Well, I'd be less confident with you're lead if Casemiro and Evans were back there. but as you said, a decent defensive partnership makes a world of difference lol

And my word, Mainoo is such a gem.

Great ball by Fernandes to set up the second. Utd have played well towards the end of the first half. Just hope City don’t get an early goal at the beginning of the second half.

KDB taken off (for Alvarez)

Big miss for Alvarez, really should have scored. Maybe it is Utd’s day.

Evans on for Martinez who looks shot and Hojlund for Rashford who didnt look fit. Holding one somehow so far.....

There we go City 1-2 Doku, Onana really should do better with that.

Doku scores to set up a lively last few minutes.

7 mins injury time, plenty of time for last minute drama.

Well I dont think anyone expected that result today. Massively rode our luck in the second half but for once we applied ourselves as well as we could, thankfully saved one of our best performances for the final.

Magic of the cup!! :party:

Interesting few days ahead for ETH now. 2 trophies in 2 seasons, is it enough?

Seeing Martinez and Varane starting together and us having City in our pockets for 70 minutes pretty much does make you think "what if?" about this whole season. Every team has injuries but sadly for us Martinez being out for so long has been a massive bummer. I feel like it's not just him being a great defender but he's one of the few players we have that I could imagine in a Ferguson team. Just that killer mentality and makes players around him fight harder during games.

Well thats football and why we carry on watching, you can never really predict these things and anything is possible. We have been poor this season, injuries or notm but somehow in the cup the luck has massively gone with us and gotten us through when it doesnt work like that in a league season but somehow we got through against Liverpool and Coventry, two games we probably should have lost but somehow, someway the footballing gods were on our side and it resulted in us making it to today where again I think we surprised City first half with how well we played and got a lead that we just about had enough fight and luck to see out the second half when we were under massive pressure.

Whatever happens to ETH now he can hold his head up high and winning two trophies in two season shows he has more about him than Ole did to get us over the line in cups at least. There's still a lot of work to be done on this team and some of our best players today have played their last game for us so already there is work to do. Impossible to predict what will happen next though, nobody had us winning this on their bingo card and that probably included INEOS so not so easy to get rid of him now as it was 24 hours ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"