Justice League For the Lead Up Films: How to Differentiate From "The Avengers Stretegy".

I feel like 5 members in a Justice League story is a little low. I mean, stop me if I'm wrong but isn't JLA known to be a fairly sizable team with 7+ members even in newer incarnations?

I say have 6 minimum. Aside from the obvious choices get either Martian Manhunter OR Aquaman OR Black Canary or someone as the sixth member. The audience won't need their life's story, they just need to make the character likeable and give them a significant role in the plot. You can accomplish that in a couple of scenes. I especially feel that Martian Manhunter could win audiences over reasonably well. His story has a lot of heart and his personality makes him possibly the most human of all of the characters (keep in mind I'm basing this solely off of the DCAU universe with the cartoons and movies which I've watched every bit of). And he'd be mighty useful to the team for his shapeshifting/intangibility/mind powers and all.

Maybe, but im of the belief that "less is more".

I like the idea of 5 members, cutting out the fat, which is something Avengers failed to do imo. I like the idea of them building on the League, adding more members afterwards. It really makes it look like a "League" that gets bigger and stronger and more diverse as it develops.

And i think Aquaman needs to be a character who wins over the audience, makes them understand the character first, so he looks a little more bad-ash and not just a goofy gimmick. I only see that happening once they put out his origin story. Like Batman Begins it'll help you get invested in the main character. Then you bring him into a JLA sequel. They wont have time to put Aquaman out before the team-up.

I get the "we want the original 7 lineup" argument but not the "It's not a league unless it's more than 5 members!". Dont agree with the latter because the 1st flick should be the beginning of the League.

5 Is perfect for the first film in my opinion and maybe even a cameo by a sixth member maybe post credits. I'd love the 5 to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) & The Flash (Barry Allen) with a post credits cameo from Aquaman.

Ditch Aquaman. It'd be too expensive and too restrictive on the plot to include the necessary underwater sequences ( and *yes*, there would be underwater sequences; not including any underwater sequences for Aquaman would be like not including any "run fast" sequences for Flash ). That leaves the rest of the classic Big Seven, which would work fine. Reducing it to five wouldn't help meaningfully: if the director and writer can't handle six, handling five is probably going to be a mess too.

5 Is perfect for the first film in my opinion and maybe even a cameo by a sixth member maybe post credits. I'd love the 5 to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) & The Flash (Barry Allen) with a post credits cameo from Aquaman.
That's what ive been saying exactly, but people still want their original 7 or whatever. Less really is more. Aquaman can always be done in a sequel.

That's what ive been saying exactly, but people still want their original 7 or whatever. Less really is more. Aquaman can always be done in a sequel.

Yeah well I do like the idea of a cameo, I'd love it if they did something similar to the Aquaman cameo in the Matt Wagner's Trinity graphic novel where Batmans in his sub and sees him.

I know I'll probably get blasted for this but the Smallville episode Justice did a great job IMO of getting a team of heroes working together (I think that was a team of about 5 or 6 aswell).

Well if you want to do the 5 member deal then introduce a new hero right after for a sequel I think Martian Manhunter should be in before Aquaman. MM is a valuable member of the League as well as being more feasible plotwise.

Like someone said before, Aquaman would require SOME involvement of underwater sequences that would force the plot to incorporate elements that allow for that. MM can be adapted to almost any villain and his mind powers would give him a unique role. Plus they could make him super lovable for the audience to be won over by. His addiction to chocolate could add great comic relief when appropriate.

I watched a chunk of Avengers once again. First time since seeing it back in May. And i have to say...it's really not as good (or holding up as well) as people are claiming. Obviously that might just be my taste too, but i find it rather campy the more i see it.

If WB are truly going to make it different. The tone has to be less jokey, more serious. If you think that means the "fun" would be lost..that's not true. It doesnt have to be super serious. It's still a dream-team comic book movie so it cant be TOO serious but the tone certainly needs to be drastically different.

I also noticed something even more this time. I noticed it with my first viewing but it's cemented into my brain now that WB should keep this lineup as simple as possible. For that first movie anyway. The Barton, SHIELD, Fury, Romanoff roles still arent my cup of tea but it was necessary for that movie. But we dont need a Nick Fury or a SHIELD or roles like Hawkeye/Black Widow cluttering up the movie. I'm even more convinced that JL should be a team of 5.

And for the strategy...yeah 1 or 2 movies going into the big one sound better this time around than a half a dozen solos leading into it. Just for a change.

Why does there need to be difference between them? CBMs are CBMs....why should there be a difference between how they are portrayed?

Seriously, if there are end-credits and shout outs why would that be such a thing.

Because then the DC fans couldn't claim "their" works are superior to Marvel's works, basically. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"