For the People With All Three Systems (XBOX 360, PS3, Wii) Thread

DIRECTOR

Superhero
Reaction score
vdo_xbox360.jpg
q20534945463_6345.jpg
wii.jpg

Ok, this thread is for the people who have all three systems. I am one of the lucky........... BUT UNFORTUNATE people that are in a quandry. With games such as Soul Calibur 4, Madden 09, GTA 4, and the forthcomming Final Fantasy that are spread among more than one system, one is in a dilemma to decide which system to buy the game for.

I included the Wii just because there are some games that are spread among all systems, such as Madden 09, but for me, I exclude the Wii as an option because graphics wise, it can't compare to PS3 and 360.

Example:
I bought GTA 4 for the PS3 just because as far as I knew, the GTA franchise was exclusive to 'Playstation' systems, which is why I chose the PS3 as the system to play the game. And now this news about XBLA content of extra gameplay is really pissing me off.

So, this thread is for those poor souls that have all three systems, but can't decide on which system to buy the game for, the game that is spread among more than one system.

I haven't even bought Soul Calibur 4 nor Madden 09 for this reason. :csad:

So, there is no "PS3 rules" "XBOX 360 Rocks" "Wii is Wiiiiiiiiiiii", this thread is for people deciding which system to buy the game whom have all three systems

Ultimately when deciding what system to purchase a game on, it mostly just comes down to which one you want to play with your friends on. Most of my friends have a 360 so I'll usually get my games on the 360, but sometimes I cave and get it on both anyway, like with GTAIV and Soul Caliber 4, LoL. :up:

Sure I'm broke as f**k but at least I have my games. Kinda dropped out of that in the last few months though, hahah.

I bought GTA 4 for the PS3 just because as far as I knew, the GTA franchise was exclusive to 'Playstation' systems, which is why I chose the PS3 as the system to play the game. And now this news about XBLA content of extra gameplay is really pissing me off.

GTAIV was announced for the 360 at the same time it was announced for the PS3, it was no secret that it was not PS3 exclusive.

The 360 getting exclusive DLC for GTA was known well before the game was released, we also knew how much MS paid for it, so there was no way it'd be a dinky update. It's not like it's an out of the blue surprise.

GTAIV was announced for the 360 at the same time it was announced for the PS3, it was no secret that it was not PS3 exclusive.

The 360 getting exclusive DLC for GTA was known well before the game was released, we also knew how much MS paid for it, so there was no way it'd be a dinky update. It's not like it's an out of the blue surprise.
I was surprised by what I read as well bc it was no secret that the 360 was getting exclusive episodic content for GTA IV. Thats not something that was announced after the game was released. Baadshah2, you need to do more research on the games you purchase bc all the info is out there

I wish I had all 3.

If I had all 3, I'd probably buy multi-platform games for 360 because of my achievement addcition.

I was surprised by what I read as well bc it was no secret that the 360 was getting exclusive episodic content for GTA IV. Thats not something that was announced after the game was released. Baadshah2, you need to do more research on the games you purchase bc all the info is out there
I did the research, I knew about the content, but is the extra content on the 360 version worth saying, "hey, I'm not buying the PS3 version". See what I'm saying, for the people that have both 360 and ps3, why buy the ps3 version?

There is a difference for the people that have both systems. It's a harder decision. I bought the PS3 version because the "GTA" franchise was Playstation exclusive, but because the GTA4 spread across the 360 version as well, it created a problem.

I have a Wii right now, and play that quite a bit.

I had a PS3, but needed the extra money for responsible family stuff, and I played the Wii much more.

When GHIV launches I will be buying a 360, since it's much cheaper to buy now, and honestly, I really want several XBLA games. So I will have two, I probably won't ever own all three systems, since I just can't afford it.

I did the research, I knew about the content, but is the extra content on the 360 version worth saying, "hey, I'm not buying the PS3 version". See what I'm saying, for the people that have both 360 and ps3, why buy the ps3 version?

There is a difference for the people that have both systems. It's a harder decision. I bought the PS3 version because the "GTA" franchise was Playstation exclusive, but because the GTA4 spread across the 360 version as well, it created a problem.

It seems like now, you think the 360 DLC is worth not buying the PS3 version. So what we are confused about is, why did you buy the PS3 version, when you knew the 360 had extra content, and you knew it was also available on the 360?

If you did the research then how did you not know about the upcoming DLC? For people that owned both systems, then it was a no brainer which version to get. The 360 simply bc its the only one of the 2 systems had is confirmed to get episodic content, if you care for it. Thats the main difference that would have set them apart

To answer the question of the thread, assuming I owned all 3 systems, I'd never get a Wii version over the PS3/360. The main thing that systems seems to offer is motion controls and I hate the Wii's motion controls. Plus it has inferior graphics, non-HD, horrible to pretty much non-existent online scene, etc.. The Wii is only good for first party games and quality 3rd party exclusives which is pretty rare for it as it is.

Deciding between the 360 and PS3 involves more. Things I'd take into consideration is

1. Exclusive content. Depending on what it is of course. Sometimes this can tip the scales

2. Controls. For the most part, Im pretty comfortable with both controllers but for certain genres, 1 system plays better than the other. Fighting games are a must for the PS3 while others find the 360 controller the best for FPS and driving games. This is more of a personal opinion

3. Graphics/Frame rate/glitches/etc... You will have to go by reviews for this but. Some games look better and play better on different systems. Generally they look about the same but there are minor differences that the general public may not even notice

4. Online scene. If you have more friends playing a game on one system over the other, then it might be better to get the game on the system thats most played.

5. Achievements/Trophies. Until a few months ago, only the 360 had this but its going to be standard across the board on the PS3 most likely next year

Last edited:
It comes down to content. I feel the difference between systems is nill, so what ever version offers more, thats the one i go with. Also if its a game i plan on playing online alot, id go with the 360 b/c i think Live is fantastic.

For the people who got Madden 09, which system should i buy it for.

For the people who got Madden 09, which system should i buy it for.

For that, id say go with what ever system you and your buddies will play more. If its just you playing the game, then flip a coin. There isn't enough to differentiate the two so you cant go wrong with either...altho id suggest NCAA 09 over Madden.

For that, id say go with what ever system you and your buddies will play more. If its just you playing the game, then flip a coin. There isn't enough to differentiate the two so you cant go wrong with either...altho id suggest NCAA 09 over Madden.

Listen to Pat, he knows what he's talking about. :up:

I still can't decide on 360 or PS3, but one thing I don't like about 360 is that M$ makes you buy the wifi adapter for $100. Since in my house we don't use ethernet cable, it means I'll have to shell out extra $100 and that rubs me the wrong way, not to mention that 360 requires monthly fee to play online. However, I want to get GTA4 and 360 gets the episodic DLC, which is great, but still a bit too costly.

Sorry, but your reasoning sounds incredibly stupid. Well GTA used to be an exclusive Sony franchise, so I should buy it on the PS3, even though you knew the game would be released on both systems at the same time and that the only difference is the X-Box version will be getting more content down the line. For your question why buy the PS3 version if you have both a 360 and PS3, there is not reason, it's simple as that. X-Box will have more content. Stop using brand loyalty, it doesn't apply to videogames, content and performance is all the matters.

I still can't decide on 360 or PS3, but one thing I don't like about 360 is that M$ makes you buy the wifi adapter for $100. Since in my house we don't use ethernet cable, it means I'll have to shell out extra $100 and that rubs me the wrong way, not to mention that 360 requires monthly fee to play online. However, I want to get GTA4 and 360 gets the episodic DLC, which is great, but still a bit too costly.

Online costs $50 for 13 months or $3.84/month and many people have said Live is better than PSN. It's not that much money and if you can't afford $3.84/month you shouldn't be buying a next gen system.

Sorry, but your reasoning sounds incredibly stupid. Well GTA used to be an exclusive Sony franchise, so I should buy it on the PS3, even though you knew the game would be released on both systems at the same time and that the only difference is the X-Box version will be getting more content down the line. For your question why buy the PS3 version if you have both a 360 and PS3, there is not reason, it's simple as that. X-Box will have more content. Stop using brand loyalty, it doesn't apply to videogames, content and performance is all the matters.

Brand Loyalty is all some people have. :p

Online costs $50 for 13 months or $3.84/month and many people have said Live is better than PSN. It's not that much money and if you can't afford $3.84/month you shouldn't be buying a next gen system.

Okay, but why does it cost $100 for 360 wifi adapter then, when PS3 has wifi built-in? :huh:

That's my only real gripe...is that I have Wi-Fi for everything...so I have to figure out how I want to work this when I get the 360.

That's a good point, but PS3 also costs a lot more than a 360.

That is true, but now PS3 80GB costs the same as 360 Elite ($399). This PS3 model has 40GB less than 360 Elite, but it has built-in wifi and it plays blu-ray. 360 Pro is cheaper, but it only has 20GB HD (60GB less than cheapest PS3 model).

This is why it's hard for me to make the decision, but in terms of cost I think PS3 actually has a leg up over 360.

That is true, but now PS3 80GB costs the same as 360 Elite ($399). This PS3 model has 40GB less than 360 Elite, but it has built-in wifi and it plays blu-ray. 360 Pro is cheaper, but it only has 20GB HD (60GB less than cheapest PS3 model).

This is why it's hard for me to make the decision, but in terms of cost I think PS3 actually has a leg up over 360.

No, the 360 Pro now comes with a 60GB HD, NOT a 20GB.

I agree with the wi-fi, i think it bites to have to pay an extra 100 bux for wireless, however, its my experience that the wi-fi thats built into the PS3 doesn't work as well as the wi-fi on the 360(maybe thats cuz you have to shell out 100 extra). I have my PS3 and 360 near each other and iv only been able to pick up a 70-80% signal strength with the PS3, my 360 on the other hand, has full signal.

My PS3 only connected through the Wi-Fi some of the time...when it felt like it.

The Wii has never had a problem.

My guess is the extra Wi-Fi adaptor is probably more powerful of an adaptor, which is why it costs more.

No, the 360 Pro now comes with a 60GB HD, NOT a 20GB.

I agree with the wi-fi, i think it bites to have to pay an extra 100 bux for wireless, however, its my experience that the wi-fi thats built into the PS3 doesn't work as well as the wi-fi on the 360(maybe thats cuz you have to shell out 100 extra). I have my PS3 and 360 near each other and iv only been able to pick up a 70-80% signal strength with the PS3, my 360 on the other hand, has full signal.

Pro now has 60GB? Guess I should've researched it. However, won't 60GB fill up really fast? And from what I know about PS3 is that you can upgrade the HD with laptop HD, but I don't know if you can do likewise with 360. If so, then Pro + wifi sounds better than Elite, but you still have to spend that $100 for something that should've been included in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"