For Those Who Liked or Loved the Movie post Here

Psylocke8 said:
Does anybody feel like some charaters were completley underused Angel. Ok fine cyclops(lol) I feel like whenever they needed a part to be done they just casted another mutant and had them in for 2 seconds.

The underuse of characters was a problem, Mystique was criminally underused as was Angel, Collosus and Cyclops. However, as a Storm fan I did enjoy her role as an integral part of the X-Team. Plus the action scenes were incredible :up:

I loved X3 but there are 2 things IMO that would have made it better

1.Angel should have joined the team for the last battle

2.Colossus needed more lines and a fight with Juggernaut

I think that x-men3 is the best special effects/action movie I've ever seen it just left me and my family(who hated the x-men movies and didn't want to see this one) in complete shock and amazement. The dialogue could of been better though (it was cheesy at times).

I loved X3, there really isnt much i dont like about it except its too short, i really love how it showed what magneto can really do. I've been waiting for an x-men that shows how powerful he is

I am sure there is a

If you like the Movie post here thread

CB Fan said:
I think that x-men3 is the best special effects/action movie I've ever seen it just left me and my family(who hated the x-men movies and didn't want to see this one) in complete shock and amazement. The dialogue could of been better though (it was cheesy at times).
Really? My story is somehow like yours because I've seen the movie with my friend and she hated the X-men. But when the movie ended she told me that she really loved this movie.

Decay said:
Really? My story is somehow like yours because I've seen the movie with my friend and she hated the X-men. But when the movie ended she told me that she really loved this movie.
Lol, guess everyone who hated the X-men liked X3 huh? :) My brother watched the whole movie standing up when I played it on the PC. He thought if he took a seat, it would appear that he was ‘enjoying’ the movie, lol. Well since he didn’t force me to get off the PC so he could play Counter Strike, then it must mean that he liked the movie. He’s still hasn’t given me a straight answer.

I guess the non-fans usually enjoy the action scenes. X3 provided that to the audience while X2 and X1 didn't at a major scale. Plus once you’ve seen the movie, you wait for the action sequences and wish for the dialogues scene to move on quickly. Maybe that’s why people are having trouble deciding on X2 and X3 :D

Anyways, the scenes which I found utterly mind-blowing all involved Phoenix. Even if she had a few lines, she was amazing! I absolutely loved the Jean/Professor battle along with Storm/Callisto and Wolverine/Juggernaut fight. The only thing that annoyed me was that no one was around to even notice mutants fighting or a whole house flying! Lol, either Jean killed them of or it was a Sunday. Hmm…plus what happened to Jean’s parents? :confused: *Shudders* Really hard to imagine she killed them too :(

It's easy to understand really, people like action packed movies, especially action packed superhero movies!! The other two were fine, but X3 came with the goods!! It's the only one I'm going to purchase on DVD!

PowersOfMind said:
The battle between Jean/Phoenix and Prof X is the stuff of legend.

IMHO, the most intense, exciting, and dramatic scene of the trilogy. And I believe the theme song had a lot to do with it.

X2 used to be my favorite superhero movie of all time, but at this moment X3 it is.

I kind of introduced many of my friends and relatives to the world of X-Men, because I became so obsessed when I watched X2 - I wanted them to watch and enjoy it too. Guess it worked, because they went to see X3 all by themselves, and the majority prefered it to X2! :D
I still prefer X2, but I liked X3 very, very much. I still think that the movie is too short, and has flaws, but there were also some memorable scenes in it.
The reviews here in Brazil were quite good, and the B.O. is showing that people really like the movie here. I´m happy with that! :):up:

MoPlaYa43 said:
I loved X3 but there are 2 things IMO that would have made it better

1.Angel should have joined the team for the last battle

2.Colossus needed more lines and a fight with Juggernaut

Those would've made the film complete perfection. I wonder if was budgetary problems/restrictions that forced them to shortchange both Angel and Colossus? Angel in action would be expensive and Colossus never looked right in his armored form this time around. Here's hoping X4 or X-Kids gets Colossus more screen time and more action.

Overall, X3 is still the movie of the year. Nothing else has come even close, sorry Superman.

X3 = 9/10
SR = 6/10

YJ1 said:
Those would've made the film complete perfection. I wonder if was budgetary problems/restrictions that forced them to shortchange both Angel and Colossus? Angel in action would be expensive and Colossus never looked right in his armored form this time around. Here's hoping X4 or X-Kids gets Colossus more screen time and more action.

Overall, X3 is still the movie of the year. Nothing else has come even close, sorry Superman.

X3 = 9/10
SR = 6/10
It was the lack of time. After Singer left for SR, there was another director who I guess also bailed because of the inability to meet the deadline for May 2006 and that's when Brett stepped in. If there had been more time, this movie would have been more than just great. Perhaps FOX did the right thing in releasing X3 in 2006 because a whole load full of superhero movies are coming out in 2007 and 2008. The competition would've been too much.

Oh yes Superman only made 21M in one day while X3 44M! I’m so happy :D

I remember how I b*tched and b*tched and b*tched about the film before because of Rothman and Ratner and so forth. Just take a look at my sig so you will catch my frame of mind. lol

..but surprisingly I loved it! Because the characters did so much incredible stuff from Jean killing Prof and Cyclops to Magneto ripping off the Bridge in San Fransisco(I`ve been waiting for him to do something like that since X-Men 1!).

But my favorite of all that happened in the film was Wolverine one-on-one against Phoenix. Facing his one true love in the ultimate showdown. It was emotional and I liked it because it was clever the way it was written with Phoenix`s desintegrating effect of her powers playing over Wolverine`s regenerative powers like they completed each other. And then SNIKT! I bet that Chris Claremont loved that part. Since when he had Wolvie stab Rachel(Jean`s daughter) in the comics, his thinking was that Wolvie did it since he didn`t want to go through what happened to his mother again.

I think the movie touched all the right buttons of the X-Men mythos. I don`t get why X-fans would be mad.

I didn't like the movie but for some reason I loved Moira's introduction. I don't really know why.

I liked the movie. I still have to say I liked x-men 2 better.
x3 was too short for my likings.... and i would've liked it if scott and prof x weren't killed off.

yes, i saw the clip after the credits. prof x is alive, but you know what i mean.....

Stripesy Strip said:
I think the movie touched all the right buttons of the X-Men mythos. I don`t get why X-fans would be mad.
I guess it’s because Scott dies, Rogue gets cured and Angel has a minor role while Wolverine steals everyone’s screen time again, lol. That’s the major things people b*tched about in the forums.

Cyma said:
I guess it’s because Scott dies, Rogue gets cured and Angel has a minor role while Wolverine steals everyone’s screen time again, lol. That’s the major things people b*tched about in the forums.

I *****ed about more than that but I did actually like the Rogue/Iceman/Shadowcat triangle. We needed more couples than one love triangle.

Cyma said:

lol If that`s why they`re mad, how about the rest of the freakin film? There was a LOT of great scenes. The Cinematography and acting was excellent. Rogue was de-powered but we got Kitty! Scott dies but that makes Phoenix that more frightening, I think.

yeah, i wanted more of angel......
as much as i LOVE hugh jackman and wolverine, i do believe he took a little too much screen time :(

Stripesy Strip said:
lol If that`s why they`re mad, how about the rest of the freakin film? There was a LOT of great scenes. The Cinematography and acting was excellent. Rogue was de-powered but we got Kitty! Scott dies but that makes Phoenix that more frightening, I think.
People tend to look at the negative aspects more I guess :( After seeing the whole movie, I was kind of glad Scott was out of the way. The reason is better explained by you:

Stripesy Strip said:
But my favorite of all that happened in the film was Wolverine one-on-one against Phoenix. Facing his one true love in the ultimate showdown. It was emotional and I liked it because it was clever the way it was written with Phoenix`s desintegrating effect of her powers playing over Wolverine`s regenerative powers like they completed each other. And then SNIKT!
If it had been Scott instead, then the same old ‘JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!!!’ which we have heard all through the X-men Evolution series and TAS, would’ve taken place, and it would’ve gotten really annoying. Lol, and I’m damn sure Phoenix would have been also annoyed as hell by that and would’ve disintegrated him on the spot. So I’m glad they put Wolvie :) Even though I kind of hated the thought at first,

I chose to see X3 yesterday then England as i hate football really and it was better, i just was thinking thet i would have loved to seen more bad a** Phoenix as its cool seeing her wipe out things really. And i love the Scott scean with Jean and also i like Iceman and Kitty's scean while they skate.

From Scott on his bed to arriving at Alkali lake and witnessing Jean rise and his reunion with her to Bobby and Kitty in the bedroom talking and them skating on the pond like fountain are my fave two emotional scenes,besides Xavier vs Jean and Logan vs Jean. okay...and add the entire Infirmary Scene too.

Yeah i like all them sceans as well lol. Oh and i love the '' I don't wanna fix it part as well'' so cool.

Here's me in my rping mode...somewhat

.. o O (Scott...Scott...are u there? Scott...please...Scott...)Oo... Stop... stop it. stop it ..oO( Scott Please. Scott SCOTT)Oo... stop it ... stop GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH -rips off his shades and blasts at the lake-

-falls to the ground, shutting his eyes closed. He quickly slides his glasses back on and then he looks up and sees water spurtting upwards and then forming into a whirlpool. He gasps...in awe, not sure wither to be afraid and run or wait...- gah -he finds himself hurled back just as he hears the sound of something rising from the lake itself-

-groans after falling flat on his back against the hard surface of bedrock, which he once stood just moments ago. He glances up and sees a light. He brings a hand up over his face from the bright glare and slowly rises to his feet. He becomes shocked, confused and surprised at the same time once the mist and light disappears and he finds himself face to face with the woman he loved whom he thought had perished while risking her own life to save her friends-

Jean?

Jean: Scott?

how?

Jean: I dunno.

-moves closer to Jean and hugs her, holding her tight. then he feels her pull back and he looks down at her. "I wanna see your eyes. take these off" he hears her say. "No..." -he grabs her wrists before her hands can make it to his glasses- "no..." -he shakes his head. "Trust me. I control it now...- he lets her remove his glasses but he keeps his eyes shut tightly- "Open them. You can't hurt me..." he hears her gentle voice and with that, he opens his eyes and gazes into her eyes with his own-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"