Days of Future Past Fans Who Are Actually Excited For This Movie!

Excited is too strong of a word.

But the recent EW interview with Vaughn has piqued my interest. Ever since Fox/Ratner/Rothman screwed up X3 so bad that it left a taint of failure on the Singer films I have been uninterested in this franchise. I didn't see the full Wolverine prequel movie until it was on HBO. And it also kind of sucked.

But this movie has two things going for it that I love.

1) It is set in the 1960s. During the Cuban Missile Crisis no less. We're talking Bondmania, Beatlemania and Kennedy's America. That sounds deliciously fun if executed smartly by a good director.

and

2) It is directed by Matthew Vaughn, who has made three of the most entertaining movies of the last 5 years: Layer Cake, Stardust and Kick-Ass. If he can bring '60s cool to the superhero genre like how he did fantasy in Stardust and meta-humor in Kick-Ass, I am expecting a blast of a film.

I think it is destined to be a box office bomb because the GA has been burned by two bad X-Men movies and this one neither has the star of Hugh Jackman/Wolverine nor a very large marketing budget considering nobody but comic fans know it exists yet.

But if it is a fun movie it is a fun movie and is far enough removed from X3 that that embarrassment of cinema cannot really affect the overall quality of this picture.

My opinion.

With Thor and Cap and GL, you have a pretty idea of what you're getting served. But with this, this really is the wild card of comic book movies. And that's why I'm so excited. We don't really know what we're gonna get. It'll be like Christmas.

They're trying so many new things. Some will probably astonish while some probably won't. But I have to admire the fact that they're gonna try in the first place.

Not to mention I loooooooooove the fact that it's in the 60's. I've always wanted a Marvel movie to do that. It seems to be a perfect fit.

And yeah, the cast and crew, I don't need to say any more about that. And it really doesn't hurt that Byrne, Jones, Morrison, and Kravitz are incredibly gorgeous.

X-Men always has a special place in my heart. Even though this film isn't featuring my favorite characters, I'm soooo pumped for this. Every photo, every interview, every piece of news I've seen gets me even more excited.

Im excited about seeing two of my favorite X-Men, Banshee and Beast

Having it during the Baby Boomer generation does make it exciting. I'm hoping this is a better period piece than Watchmen!

I'm SO excited, and I never thought I'd feel like this for any X-movie ever again after the mess that was Wolverine.

I have to say that the main factor that brought me back to the fandom was knowing that James McAvoy would be in the film. :hrt: I don't care if he ended up with the "dull" character (as in Vaughn words). It's so like James to go after the characters who aren't especially flashy or most likely to steal the limelight and win awards. I guess this means he'll somehow stay on the background, acting his socks off in that beautiful and subtle way of his while the fans go gaga over the "juicier" characters. C'est la vie. I think he's the most talented actor in a very talented cast and I don't care if I'm totally biased, lol. :oldrazz:

Other than McAvoy, I'm very excited for the 60's settings, and what looks like a more "realistic" (not the best word to use, but...) approach to the politics of the time, and the mutants' situation back then. The Hellfire Club. And the Xavier x Eric dynamics.

I expect some nice dialogues and dramatic scenes that will give a chance to all those fine actors to deliver what they do best. I expect a really beautiful, moody, cinematography. And some cool action scenes, of course.

I really belive that First Class will surprise a lot of people. I can't wait! :awesome:

With Thor and Cap and GL, you have a pretty idea of what you're getting served. But with this, this really is the wild card of comic book movies. And that's why I'm so excited. We don't really know what we're gonna get. It'll be like Christmas.
Exactly! I think that's why some fanboys are ridiculing and hating the film even before seeing a trailer - they don't know how to deal with it, because so far it looks like the most original and cool superhero movie of the year. :up:

I'm very excited for this movie, I don't think Vaughn will disappoint.

I agree.

When the news came about that Bryan Singer was directing this film, my excitement level was up near X2 levels. As soon as the news came about that he was only producing, the level dropped, but nowhere near the Wolverine level. I do plan on seeing this in theaters, the fact that his name is still attached keeps me interested, but I remind myself it doesn't ensure quality at the producer level.

Jeez, could I use the word level anymore in one statement?

I really hope Vaughn delivers so we can finally move past people thinking Singer is the only one who can make a good X-Men film.

I question if Vaughn would even return to direct a First Class sequel, but, yes, it would be nice if someone could deliver a satisfying X-Men film who isn't Bryan Singer.

This is the first X-Men movie without Wolverine, I'm anticipating this as much as I did X-men 1 Can't wait!!!

Vary excited for this movie crawling the boards every sec for news updates just to ease me over till the movie hits. Also I've liked all X-Men movie so far some not so great but still enjoyed them.:woot:

I'm excited for this... however, I can understand the hand-wringing and b****ng to a degree. We have photos and a vague synopsis -- and where's the trailer? The film's coming out in less than five months, Fox needs to get a move on.

Although most of my excitement is the Vaughn and Fassbender factor. Love those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"