Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Trailer

Bell continues to be both hot and awesome at the same time. :up:

Paul Rudd better be the star in the next one of these, i can't believe he isn't huge yet

Jonah Hill is in this! Hope he has a large part.

somebody should make a gif of the Kristen Bell sex scene. lol

agreed on paul rudd. i could easily see him being the star in this movie, and doing a better job of it.

not that i don't like jason segel... i just like rudd better, and i think it's time he got his break.

rudd is awesome. He always plays the "friend" in these movies. I agree that the next Apatow movie should star Rudd.

This seems to have been lost but the release date has been moved up to April 18!

Sex and the City, Indy 4, Narnia 2, Speed Racer, Iron Man (plus the other summer movies) all came out in May and the original May 30th date wouldn't have been great box office wise and a week later Sandler's Zohan movie was out so its probably best it comes out before the blockbusters.

So great news that its pushed up to April!

This seems to have been lost but the release date has been moved up to April 18!

Smart. Very smart. :up: Heck, in my May 2008 thread this was the movie most people ignored so atleast now it has a chance to be a hit.

I wonder if the curtains match her pubes?

Classic Rudd, looks good.

I wonder if the curtains match her pubes?

Classic Rudd, looks good.

kristen-bell-bikini-sarah-marshall-.jpg

Now all we need is a gif of the sex scene.

Since no one has gotten in trouble for posting the red band trailer then I guess I can post this:

[YT]MqtqSaWzM_A[/YT]

I...don't find Kirsten Bell...to be that hot... Mila Kunis :heart:

:runsandhides:

Reader's Review: Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Date: February 15, 2008

By: Kellvin Chavez
Source: Storm Shadow

Just got another reader's review from 'Strom Shadow,' this time our reader got a chance to check out "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." I personally don't know much about the film only that its from the producers of "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up" and stars Jason Segel, Kristen Bell and Jonah Hill.

Here is Storm Shadow's thought on the film.

Hey LatinoReview guys. I really enjoyed your coverage of the upcoming G.J. Joe movie because I’ve been a fan of that franchise since grade school. I got a chance to see a comedy called “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” one fine afternoon in the city. If you use this review call me Storm Shadow and I rate it a B-.

Well, after several comedies where either a 40-year-old virgin, a slacker father-to-be or goofball High School kids find true love, it looks like Judd Apatow is ready to tackle the subject of being dumped. Apatow only produced “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” but he’s managed to fill the cast with the familiar faces from his past works. The male lead this time is Jason Segel, star of “How I Met Your Mother” and the roommate who was always nude in “Knocked Up”. Barely five minutes into this picture, a fresh out of the shower Segel is fully nude to the point where we see his whole package several times as his girlfriend Kristen Bell surprises him. As soon as she says “We need to talk”, he knows she’s about to dump him and though she suggests he get dressed he knows “If I put any clothes on then it’s really over.” Too late pal, because Ms. Sarah Marshall has found someone else and is ready to kick you to the curb.

As the title character Bell is the star of a cheesy “CSI” knock-off called “Crime Scene”. Early in the film we’re treated to a behind the scenes promo with Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush about Bell’s career and her five year relationship with Segel, who composes the moody music for the show. Though it’s supposed to be crime/drama, the show is anything but, because her co-star Billy Baldwin delivers tasteless dialogue behind a pair of shades. Rather than steal his brother Alec’s comedic style, Baldwin is pretty funny with his own deliveries, like in one scene where Bell discovers a victim’s penis was found behind an AC unit. Baldwin: “Ouch, can you say *****icle!”

Segel has been playing second fiddle to Bell for too long. Always holding her handbag or being pushed to the background during red-carpet photo-shoots. He never felt like he wasn’t a part of her life, but apparently, she wants him out of it. He transforms into such an emotional wreck, that not even a montage of one night stands can ease the pain. When his step-brother Bill Hader tells him he’s better off without Bell, because “she was a little *****,” Segel insults his wife.

Hader: “Do you really wanna go there? That’s the mother of my unborn child. We’re not even blood, you’re my stepbrother. I WILL EQUALIZE YOU!”

To get away from the familiar, Hader suggests Segel take a trip to Hawaii and when he arrives at the hotel, he’s surprised to find Bell is there. But she’s not alone. In fact she has her new lover in tow, a British Rock musician named Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) who is the lead singer of a band called “Infant Sorrow”. Bell has trouble believing the coincidence, and as fate would have it, the hotel is completely booked. But the nice girl at the front desk decides to save him from embarrassment and accommodate Segel with a free room after she witnesses the awkward situation with Bell. She is played by none other than Mila Kunis from “That 70’s Show” and man is she smoking hot. I mean, just as I was telling a friend that Topher Grace was the only star to come out of that program, here she arrives with a tight little body and those hypnotic eyes. Plus I was surprised to hear she doesn’t have that Brooklyn accent from the show, but a nice sultry voice.

The basic structure of the film is like most comedies where a guy gets dumped and has to see his ex with someone else. There are the typical awkward situations for the lead and when he meets a nicer and more interesting girl, the ex gets jealous. Along the way, Segel meets some interesting characters starting with Superbad’s Jonah Hill as an effeminate host who follows rocker Brand around everywhere, hoping to slip him his demo CD by kissing ass. Then there’s this heavyset, but hilarious black bartender who says he’s happy he left south central because after living in Hawaii, he can name over 200 different types of fish. Then there’s a friendly humongous Samoan guy who suggests Segel get his mind off Bell by helping him slaughter a boar with a pocket-knife for a luau. And let’s not forget a regular in Apatow’s productions, Paul Rudd as a surfing instructor who has obviously been out in the sun too long, because he keeps losing his train of thought. When Segel applies for a surfing lesson he thinks Rudd’s name is Chuck.
Rudd: “No, no those flyers are all wrong. I’ve been meaning to have them changed. Chuck is my mainland name. My Hawaiian name is Koo-noo.

Segel: “Oh really, what does that mean? Rudd: It means Chuck.

The courtship between Segel and Kunis is rather cute and very real. He notices she has a bit of a wild side after spotting her flashing her chest in a Polaroid that’s part of a collage in the men’s room of a local bar. (Can’t tell if it’s really Mila or photo-shop guys.) Apparently her ex-boyfriend who “was just a boy” tricked her into doing it. Later when that ‘boy” shows up to make trouble, he’s one of those hulking fire-dancers you see at a luau and Kunis temporarily turns into Jackie from “That 70’s Show” by cursing him out. Kunis and Segel behave like real adults and I loved the fact that Bell could never understand the intentions behind Segel’s pet project for a Dracula rock-opera with puppets, but Kunis immediately gets it. Brand the rocker seems to get it as well, calling it a “dark, gothic Neil Diamond” and shows that he’s actually a decent guy. It’s just that with his rock star mentality he feels he has the right to sleep with anyone as Bell herself soon finds out.

It was also nice that Bell turns out not to be the big ***** we think she is. Throughout the picture both she and Segel separately recall good and bad moments together. When Kunis gets enthusiastic for his rock-opera, he flashes back to when Bell first heard it and her sour reaction. When Brand the rocker loathes a Hawaiian shirt Bell bought him, she recalls how Segel would proudly show off any clothing she ever bought him even if he looked geeky.

The film moves at a brisk pace with so many one-liners and rapid-fire dialogue that some of the humor may be drowned out by the laughter of the audience. That’s good, because although I saw this film, I would pay to see it again. It’s nice to see another sex comedy, with interesting characters that can be hilarious, with the occasional touch of humanity. It’s also nice to see Bell in Kunis in kinky sexual positions or (simulating) oral sex as well.

looks good like another Knocked Up. I'll definitely see this one.

As long as its better than that piece of **** SuperBad

Since no one has gotten in trouble for posting the red band trailer then I guess I can post this:

lo at the slow motion. I can't wait for this to come out. one of my top films of the year i wanna see.

LMAO. The undisputed best part of the Red Band trailer. I do think that The Pineapple Express had a better Red Band trailer, though.

One month to go!

CS: Moving on to the film "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," what was it like working on that set?
Apatow: "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was a movie written by Jason Segel who was one of the stars on "Knocked Up" and "Freaks and Geeks." It's about a guy whose girlfriend dumps him. He goes to Hawaii to get over it and she happens to be at the same resort with her new rock star boyfriend. The rock star is played by Russell Brand, who is a very famous comedian in England. His girlfriend is played by Kristen Bell from "Heroes." He starts falling for a woman who works at the hotel played by Mila Kunis. Jason Segel really came through and wrote this hysterical script. He's always been the kind of comedy actor that I thought is really fun to watch get beat up on. We call it a romantic disaster movie. Jonah Hill is in it and Paul Rudd and Jack McBrayer from "30 Rock" so it's filmed with tons of really funny people. It's a charming sweet movie.

CS: Was there one particular scene apart from the others that got you rolling with laughter?
Apatow: There are a couple of scenes of full frontal male nudity. Jason Segel is naked in a couple of scenes. When his girlfriend breaks up with him, he just gets out of the shower and he's naked. I don't think we've seen the lead in a comedy be completely naked from the front before. Jason Segel has thrown down the goblet to other comedy actors. He will get naked for his art.

Is the full frontal male nudity really neccessary? :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"