Infinity War Fortunately, I Am Mighty - The Thor Thread! - Part 1

I doubt they won't make another.
Thor ( thanks to ragnarok and IW ) is now as popular as IM and Cap.
Another Thor film is now money in the bank.

Thor appearing in a Guardians movie, or in something like Eternals, is probably just as likely. His current popularity could give another film a big boost a few years down the line. We'll see.

Yes.

Another!

Yeah it would be stupid not to and I could see making a billion.

Ragnarok made 850 million coming off of TDW and AOU (which he barely was in).

Sounds very cool, if only they get rid of the stupid Jane Thor bs.

Jane isn't Thor anymore. She sacrificed herself and Mjolnir to get rid of Mangog. Thor and Odin brought her back from Valhalla though and now she's just her normal mortal self, going through chemotherapy.

I'd really prfer they give Sif or Valkaryie a series before they do any female Thor bs.

Mjölnir;36700589 said:
Jane isn't Thor anymore. She sacrificed herself and Mjolnir to get rid of Mangog. Thor and Odin brought her back from Valhalla though and now she's just her normal mortal self, going through chemotherapy.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'd really prfer they give Sif or Valkaryie a series before they do any female Thor bs.

They already did it and it lasted for years.

[YT]KO6IsiGhiHQ[/YT]

Do you guys find it likely that A4 will see Asgard restored and everyone brought back?

Do you guys find it likely that A4 will see Asgard restored and everyone brought back?

Basically I see no one returning before the finger snap except the few Asgardians who Thor helped escape by sending them with Valkaryie and Korg before his first confrontation with Thanos. .
They will relocate on earth as strongly hinted at in Thor Ragnarok..

Last edited:

I see everything getting undone with Odin back on the Throne with Frigga at his side.

IF Loki didn't die he would try to get his mother back since he was essentially a Momma's Boy

Saw this the other day. :woot:

"No one can stop Thanos:"

tumblr_p7m9npfWdj1w0gw85o3_400.gif

Half of the Asgardians on the refugee ship were spared by Thanos, though we don't know where they are. Those survivors will more than likely come to Earth and establish a new Asgard here, just as happened in the comics. Odin suggested that Asgard could be in Norway, which is fitting in so many ways. The prologue of Thor occurred in Norway in the 10th Century, that's where the Tesseract was hidden, among other connections. Odin's suggestion was pure Marvel foreshadowing, I'm sure of it.

Half of the Asgardians on the refugee ship were spared by Thanos, though we don't know where they are. Those survivors will more than likely come to Earth and establish a new Asgard here, just as happened in the comics. Odin suggested that Asgard could be in Norway, which is fitting in so many ways. The prologue of Thor occurred in Norway in the 10th Century, that's where the Tesseract was hidden, among other connections. Odin's suggestion was pure Marvel foreshadowing, I'm sure of it.
I'm not so sure the surviving Asgardians would settle on Earth; they'd be bringing Asgardian enemies to Earth if that were the case - not that there are many (if any) Asgardian warriors left as a defence force.

The Russos confirmed that there is no worthiness enchantment on Stormbreaker.

I think that the idea conveyed by Thor, that the power of Stormbreaker would drive someone insane just by wielding it, will/could come into play later on in another Thor movie. Thor slowly falling into Warrior Madness/beserker rage territory where he can't distinguish friend from foe and get's consumed by the thirst for battle that he always had.

This is a great idea and starting point for another Thor movie.

I think he was just talking about mere mortals wielding any weapon forged on Nidavellir. I don't think it would make someone like Thor lose his mind.

I think he was just talking about mere mortals wielding any weapon forged on Nidavellir. I don't think it would make someone like Thor lose his mind.
He was talking to the Guardians so i'm guessing he didn't only mean mortals. Also i'm not 100% sure what the hole exchange was but i think he mentioned something about time and how fast they would become mad and their brain would melt... something on those lines... I wish i knew for certain.

Also i'm trying to mold that exchange into something i would like to see explored with Thor. I'm trying to grasp on to something related to Warrior Madness. I think it's just a cool and interesting concept worth exploring with Thor because he has always had that thirst for battle in him and now being alone and without the support of his family and closest friends he could exile himself somewhere and start losing grasp of his heroism and sense of right and wrong.

I like to watch some of the videos this guy does but his bias towards the Hulk in every possible comparison with Thor is just insufferable. Everyone get's it he is a Hulk fan but come on... he doesn't need to be always trying to justify Thor stuff with Hulk related stuff. It's like he is in a mission to show people that Hulk is better than Thor. This last video is just another one of those where he tries to convince himself and others that Hulk would still be able to do and soak everything Thor has shown to be able to do. I guess Thor's level in IW really bothered this guy. Just some of the stuff he says...

"Hulk could almost lift mjolnir"
He couldn't "almost" lift mjolnir. He just wasn't worthy. Cap could almost do it. Vision did it. But not Hulk and he was nowhere near close to lifting the hammer. That's a fact.

"Hulk is fisically the strongest avenger and he can soak pretty much any kind of energy blast. We haven't seen something capable of overpowering him yet. The madder he gets the stronger he gets."
I agree that physically Hulk is stronger. About him being able to soak any kind of energy blast i would say it's unproven. About not seing something capable of overpowering him... Physically, The Hulkbuster was able to go toe to toe with Hulk and even knock him out. Thor was able to stun Hulk several times and one could argue he had the upper hand in the gladiator fight... Fenris was ragdolling Hulk and even pierced his skin in Ragnarok... Surtur treated Hulk like a fly. Thanos completely owned the Hulk. "The matter he gets the stronger he gets" it's just the typical argument used to justify anything Hulk related.

"When Thor was eating the full power of the star... Hulk could do it too.
Come on man... Peanuts then. No biggie. Hulk can do anything Thor does apparently.(facepalm)

"Looked like he was ready to beat him in the ring during Ragnarok"
Who was beating who here? Because Thor took everything Hulk had to give and still came out unscathed. Thor then proceeded to come out on top of both changes after that... Hulk was knocked back and stunned twice while Thor clearly had the upperhand when the fight stopped.

"That would tickle Hulk a little bit. He would barely feel that."

I guess he was talking about the energy that came out of Stormbreaker and that knocked Thanos back right before Thor throws it at Thanos... But interestingly enough he left the part where Stormbreaker gets lodged in Thanos chest too. I would say that if Thanos get knocked back a good distance because of that energy blast that it would stand to reason that Hulk would likely feel the same effect or worse because physically Thanos is stronger than Hulk.

Also if Thor threw Stormbreaker at Hulk the same way he did at Thanos i would bet it would do plenty more than "tickle" Hulk. For starters Hulk wouldn't have the power of a fully assembled gauntlet to even try and slowdown that axe throw. Thanos without the gauntlet would have died right there on the spot. There would be no "snap" to save him. Again it would stand to reason that Hulk would have the same fate in a similar circumstance.

[YT]lRYEgaapMCQ[/YT]

Last edited:
Here is my theory of what really happened between the end of Ragnarok and beginning of Infinity War.

Thanos spaceship faces the asgardian refugee “arc” and without warning open fire on the asgardians. The ship shields are taking some serious damage... a distress signal is sent out. Thor’s team breaks into 2. One team (Valkyrie, Korg, Miek and Banner) sorts out an escape plan while the other (Thor, Loki and Heimdall) prepair for the worse.

A evacuation plan is quickly put in place. Valkyrie, Korg and Miek take as many refugees possible and escape on the Commodore (Grandmaster’s ship) that was previously parked on top of the arc as seen in the end of Ragnarok. Meanwhile Banner ultimately decides to stay behind and help Thor. Other evacuation pods are also released full with asgardians. Since not all of them fit in the escape vessels, half of them stay behind... Thor tries to gather the remaining people around him so he can provide them a last line of security. Loki and Heimdall stand by him.

Thanos and the Black Order eventually board the asgardian spaceship. It’s a 5 on 3 assault with the asgardians being caught in the crossfire and being killed left and right. Thor powers up and lunges himself at an armored Thanos, they exchange blows but Thor is eventually overpowered. Loki and Heimdall don’t fare well either against the Black Order. Heimdall is seriously injured.

Banner fearing the worse transforms back into the Hulk and proceeds to go back to where Thor and Co. are. Then Infinity War starts...

I would be fine with that :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"