Sequels FOX Shared Universe - Part 1

I didn't think F4 was as bad as it was made out to be. It was still bad, just not worthy of all the bad hype imo.
As a movie it really wasn't. It was just kinda bland. People just wanted better for the Fantastic Four. They wanted something closer to the comics, and (ironically) the Tim Story movies.

while i didn't think FF was one of best comic book films i didn't think it was one of worst
that people said.i viewed it as Josh Trank's interption of ultimate FF.

I still haven't seen F4 yet, I was gonna go see it but the reviews made me think I'd be wasting money to see it so I didn't bother

Audiences made the right call. There are not any comic films nowadays that have this poor of quality and no studio should be rewarded for it. Save your money and wait for streaming or cable.

While there may be different degrees on how bad people think it is and I myself didn't find it as bad as others, pretty much everyone agrees it's not good. It's a mess of a film that wastes all of the characters and actors potential. How this version of Doom even made it past brainstorming stages is beyond me. Such a missed opportunity with Kebbell playing the role.

Last edited:
I still haven't seen F4 yet, I was gonna go see it but the reviews made me think I'd be wasting money to see it so I didn't bother

This is the first F4 movie that felt like it takes after the X-Men. Unfortunately, based solely on the final cut, it was clearly 9-15 years late to the market.
X1 for the first 40 or so minutes​
X3 in the remaining time allotted​

In any case, it's all for nothing since the F4 is in no rush to be part of this shared universe.

This was far more Origins then X3. And I'd argue even that's not fair to say. Origins had more entertainment value, stronger performances and a more structured script. There have not been any X-Men films that received a C- cinema score. Or any Superhero film in general for that matter.

They were better off with a sequel to ROTSS.

Last edited:
A bit of both I would concede due to the graphic nature blended with the wonky visuals and designs.

After having read the news about 67 characters in Infinity Wars, I really wish Fox would have a crossover event someday. X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, New Mutants, Deadpool... If only Fox has a definitely plan for their universe :(

All I really want to see is a X-Men team consisting of Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Colossus, Psylocke, Angel, Professor X and then some.

All I really want to see is a X-Men team consisting of Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Colossus, Psylocke, Angel, Professor X and then some.

That's a lot of character for one movie

As a movie it really wasn't. It was just kinda bland. People just wanted better for the Fantastic Four. They wanted something closer to the comics, and (ironically) the Tim Story movies.

"Bland" is the highest compliment that film can receive.
Were you in the FFINO section in the months before the movie came out? There were so many people adamantly looking forward to the film regardless of how closely it stuck to the comics. That wasn't the films downfall. And I certainly don't think there was anyone wanting it to be more like the Tim Story movies.

That's a pretty tall order.

Yeah! But with the current timeline I don't see it's happening. Besides the original cast is getting old and the young cast is... too young. But if they really want to, they can use Cable as the portal to bring some members like Psylocke, Angel to the future.

That's a lot of character for one movie
A two-part movie maybe :D Build the X-Force, X-Factor and New Mutants first, and boom! Btw it would be wasted if they use Apocalypse in only 1 movie.

This universe is pretty much a timeline universe where the characters are spread through out with no real point where they will all come together

As for apocalypse I don't doubt for a moment that singer will kill him off brutally in apocalypse so It would be up to whoever to Make some excuse to bring him back since if that even happens since its like saying maybe the sentinels could come back... But that doesn't seem very likely, it's just move on with new villains now

My rationale behind one of the 2 shows being the last remnant of a past setting was that I figured the main movies would stick to the decade by decade format. So, they'd be at least within the current decade after a New Mutants sequel with the shows still ongoing past 2018 if they even air by that point.

That said, regardless of a rebooted franchise, it's up to the studio/the execs/the filmmakers if they want to bring back any of the OT actors or recast with even different aged characters in mind. The plausibility of the latter retained because reboot.

Last edited:
Yeah! But with the current timeline I don't see it's happening. Besides the original cast is getting old and the young cast is... too young. But if they really want to, they can use Cable as the portal to bring some members like Psylocke, Angel to the future.

Not really. The only obstacle is Hugh Jackman which already put a deadline to his Wolverine role.

The rest like Psylocke/Angel - they would just need to find another character to play the older version (though I really want Olivia Munn's character to time travel to the present, I don't want a 60+ Psylocke). Angel is like 20 in Apocalypse, so he'd be 40+ in the present, so thats not a big deal to me. Then with Colossus, its either they'd bring back Daniel Cudmore or hire the actors that they were used in Deadpool.

Personally i doubt colossus was put in deadpool with further thought of him appearing in another X-Men team movie because in deadpool he is pretty much an amalgamation of several things like an all large CGI character performed by a stunt double and voiced by a voice actor

I think had the director not have just wanted to frankenstein the perfect colossus they may have hired a large russian actor to play and while you could say they could still do that... i'd question what the point of doing it the way they did in deadpool then

I could see colossus coming back in deadpool 2 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"