Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking more about flying than anything. But yeat power displays were nice overall. Flying was always done terrible though and that fan film did it 10x better imo.
2016 and her flying was still terrible.

I liked her power displays in X2 and X3 (mostly in X3) but she was too stationary, using her powers in closed spaces except for X3 of course. Spider-Man at the time in Raimi movies was swinging from skyscrapers, the technology was there to have her mobile on the air. There's always an excuse -- Fox not giving Singer enough money, Halle pregnant, the VFX team was delayed... visual effects and action need to be as much of a priority as the story and the characters in this franchise.

Her most impressive power display for my money was a in a deleted scene in X3 where she summoned a wave from the sky and electrocuted those who were hit by it.

That one didn't survive Sunspot's fire powers. That's just how he was killed.
The point was merely the sentinels were more often than not displaying Darwin's passive ability than they were Rogue's active absorption.
They certainly found a way to weaponize that passive ability.

The Rogue Cut shows us there's a mutant that's in the possession of the very scientists that's working on the slaughter of the mutant population via their Sentinel program.

It boggles the mind why anyone would try to find another mutant to make him be the source of that power.

Nevermind that mutant wasn't even mentioned in the film.

Nevermind that mutant has been dead for 10 years (when Mystique was captured), 50 years (when the Sentinels are able to use *that* power).

Occam's Razor.

I have to call in to question this next quote since you've understood this much.

And thank you for the condescension.

It doesn't.
Even McKellen's Magneto acknowledges he was experimented on the very same kind of bed as they're rescuing Rogue for the purpose of helping Kitty. She's integral to Kitty not losing her connection to Logan out of exhaustion.

What does Magneto's experimentation have to do with this?

This is happening brothers
TITLE: X-Men: Supernova
CATEGORY: Feature Film
GENRE: Action / Sci-Fi
SHOOT DATE: June 15, 2017
STORY:
Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies, grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely! Now they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the entire universe!

The Rogue Cut shows us there's a mutant that's in the possession of the very scientists that's working on the slaughter of the mutant population via their Sentinel program.

It boggles the mind why anyone would try to find another mutant to make him be the source of that power.

Nevermind that mutant wasn't even mentioned in the film.

Nevermind that mutant has been dead for 10 years (when Mystique was captured), 50 years (when the Sentinels are able to use *that* power).

Occam's Razor.
It would've been great if the future Sentinels were continuously absorbing and even draining, but the fact is that wasn't one of their primary countermeasures.
Even if Darwin wasn't taken:
Perhaps, Rogue wasn't fully yet in the database whereas the rest of them were.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does Magneto's experimentation have to do with this?
That you understand plenty of mutants have likely been experimented on and that Rogue is just one of many, thus her relative importance is overstated. I will add that her scenes are superfluous because they exist for nostalgia's sake, pointlessly relay how mutants were experimented on, and just to ground the story a bit by having her switch out with Kitty.
This doesn't "lessen the gravity of rescuing Mystique".

Last edited:
I'd love a main X-Men sequel, but I find this Supernova thing hard to believe. Feel like it's either New Mutants, or just fake.

I'd love a main X-Men sequel, but I find this Supernova thing hard to believe. Feel like it's either New Mutants, or just fake.
Well that synopsis is ripped from a Dark Phoenix comic, so it isn't the actual synopsis of the film, but this is being reported as something legit, and IDK why they wouldn't just put a synopsis that actually has to do with New Mutants. I think Phoenix is a given at this point though. Whether Shi'ar are involved is the question mark.

Well that synopsis is ripped from a Dark Phoenix comic, so it isn't the actual synopsis of the film, but this is being reported as something legit, and IDK why they wouldn't just put a synopsis that actually has to do with New Mutants. I think Phoenix is a given at this point though. Whether Shi'ar are involved is the question mark.

Isn't that the same source that reported when Gambit would go into production?

It would've been great if the future Sentinels were continuously absorbing and even draining, but the fact is that wasn't one of their primary countermeasures.
Even if Darwin wasn't taken:

So you mean to tell me you're willing to give a great amount of latitude when it comes to how Darwin's powers can relate to the Sentinels (going as far as to say maybe they were able to weaponize his more passive power, hence fire blasts, growing Lady Deathstrike claws) but you're not willing to give that same courtesy to Rogue's? Obviously that's where the combining of Mystique's and Rogue's powers come in.

That you understand plenty of mutants have likely been experimented on

Ummm...you do know McKellen's Magneto meant he was experimented on by Shaw/the Nazis right? If Singer really wanted to be so obvious about it, he probably would've done a close up of his Auschwitz camp serial number similar to the first X-men. Alas Sir Ian McKellen is allergic to sleeveless shirts :oldrazz:

Did you really think he was captured by the Sentinels, experimented on then let go? LOL

and that Rogue is just one of many, thus her relative importance is overstated.
I will add that her scenes are superfluous because they exist for nostalgia's sake, pointlessly relay how mutants were experimented on, and just to ground the story a bit by having her switch out with Kitty.
This doesn't "lessen the gravity of rescuing Mystique".

Rogue was so unimportant they did their experiments on her in the one room Xavier's mind can't breach. She's so unimportant a lab rat to their Sentinel program, she's the only mutant housed in there. Yup just "one of many" indeed.

Well we all know how Darwin is more beloved than Rogue who only appeared in 3 films and isn't that well known to X-Men fans. So much so that Fox denied us of a Rogue Cut and instead gave us the Darwin cut.

Well we all know how Darwin is more beloved than Rogue who only appeared in 3 films and isn't that well known to X-Men fans. So much so that Fox denied us of a Rogue Cut and instead gave us the Darwin cut.

LOL You're finally getting sarcasm psy! Good on ya mate!

Anyways, looks like Matt Nix's X-men show is filming in Dallas.

So you mean to tell me you're willing to give a great amount of latitude when it comes to how Darwin's powers can relate to the Sentinels (going as far as to say maybe they were able to weaponize his more passive power, hence fire blasts, growing Lady Deathstrike claws) but you're not willing to give that same courtesy to Rogue's? Obviously that's where the combining of Mystique's and Rogue's powers come in.
Right because Rogue doesn't have Darwin's adaptability, which the sentinels showed more of. Deathstrike claws relay back to Deathstrike as do the various other abilities which you acknowledge more mutants were incorporated.
Mystique would still be the core whether it's Darwin, Rogue or whomever, since they utilized her power of transformation to transform the sentinels' preset powerset at whim. I say Darwin is more likely because they have had to be triggered to enact specific counter abilities.

Ummm...you do know McKellen's Magneto meant he was experimented on by Shaw/the Nazis right? If Singer really wanted to be so obvious about it, he probably would've done a close up of his Auschwitz camp serial number similar to the first X-men. Alas Sir Ian McKellen is allergic to sleeveless shirts :oldrazz:
It's pretty damn late in the game for him to still be reminiscing on Shaw/Nazis and it's not like he hasn't been imprisoned and messed with since then.

Did you really think he was captured by the Sentinels, experimented on then let go? LOL
I don't expect these remaining few to have all somehow avoided capture. They likely rescued each other.

Rogue was so unimportant they did their experiments on her in the one room Xavier's mind can't breach. She's so unimportant a lab rat to their Sentinel program, she's the only mutant housed in there. Yup just "one of many" indeed.
To further my point, she was more of an immediate concern than one of long-term resolution. If they couldn't get her, the workload shoulders back on Kitty to pull through.

I won't be responding to each of your statements as just these last few points stood out:

It's pretty damn late in the game for him to still be reminiscing on Shaw/Nazis and it's not like he hasn't been imprisoned and messed with since then.

Did you really just say that? You should try saying that to an Auschwitz Camp Survivor. Or just a Jewish person for that matter. Let's see how far that gets you.

I don't expect these remaining few to have all somehow avoided capture. They likely rescued each other.

You say that as if it's that easy.

You should really rewatch that Rogue Cut:

1) Bobby makes it a point to say they never went to rescue Rogue as it's "too heavily guarded," likely suggesting it's a suicide mission to go to the mansion.

2) Magneto asks "if you knew this (that Rogue is there) why wouldn't you go after her."

Both of these suggest the group in the beginning never rescued anyone from the clutches of the Sentinels, certainly not from the mansion, and that Magneto doesn't know anything about the experimentation on mutants "on that slab" in Cerebro. Therefore Magneto was never captured nor experimented on by those those Trask scientists.

And likely rescued each other? The future Sentinels were killing every mutant they've encountered. Sunspot, Colossus, Iceman, Blink and Warpath all killed before the title sequence of the movie. They likely would've killed Bishop and Kitty too if not for the Time Travel.

And it's curious that in all of this, there's one mutant the Sentinels kept alive to perform experiments on. I'll give you one guess.

Last edited:

Its fair to say they didn't experiment on darwin because they couldn't but they obviously managed to create the same ability from various mutant experiments.

The powers the sentinels used were not rogues powers, although you can easily see how rogues powers could have enhanced them but they clearly worked differently.

Doesn't matter whose more beloved

Last edited:

At this point the X-Men: Supernova thing seems to be showing up more and more in scheduled shoot reports so i imagine its probably real, i am just surprised that they may end up shooting it this year.

it will be interesting to get New Mutants and Supernova in the same year.

Last edited:
At this point the X-Men: Supernova thing seems to be showing up more and more in scheduled shoot reports so i imagine its probably real, i am just surprised that they may end up shooting it this year.

it will be interesting to get New Mutants and Supernova in the same year.

new mutants and supernova as seperate films.It's clear there will be another X_Men film.

I really hope they'll shooting this year but no director no casting news? That's odd.

Apparently vaughn was brought on 3 months before X-Men: first class started filming so its not that odd.

Its 5 months away and for all we know they could be looking at directors right now.

http://myentertainmentworld.com/cms/feature-films/

So, the start date is June 15, 2017, and here is already a synopsis, pointing out that X-Men have become Guardians of the Galaxy, having already multiple adventures through the galaxies.

Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies, grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely! Now they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the entire universe!

http://myentertainmentworld.com/cms/feature-films/

So, the start date is June 15, 2017, and here is already a synopsis, pointing out that X-Men have become Guardians of the Galaxy, having already multiple adventures through the galaxies.

Thats the comic synopsis, it likely won't the films one.

Though it still feels like Fox is shooting itself in the foot by jumping right into Phoenix after Apocalypse instead of something smaller and intimate...if Supernova is indeed the title and the film does focus on Phoenix.

Ok ... is this really official? I mean, is this whole project even real? There are already 2 working titles, and no big media site is reporting anything exclusive about the project ... Any media ... Joblo exclusive? Anyone?

I feel that we are getting more Deadpool news, considering they are filming on pretty much the same time.

We havent heard much about new mutants either but yeah at this point there must be something to this listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"