Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gambit_Channing_Tatum.jpg

In the latest issue of Empire, Lauren Schuler Donner expressed her desire for a Gambit solo film, starring Tatum:

"I'm dying to do a Gambit movie with Channing Tatum... That doesn't have to be a great big movie. It's a thief in New Orleans, it's a whole different story. He's on board, and I have to get the studio on board. How can anyone resist Channing? He's such a sweetheart."
More on her approach to the X-Men film universe:

"It's a matter of how many X-Men movies Fox wants to put out in a year... If we keep the other ones small, with smaller casts, and we do X-Men movies big, then they're different enough so that every tim you go to a movie, it's a new experience."
Thought this deserves it's own thread. Thoughts guys...

Jeff Sneider brings up an interesting point...could Tatum jump ship for Han Solo? His old Jump Street pals Lord and Miller are directing...

If that's the case on second thought Tatum can have Gambit. Just as long as he stays the **** AWAY from Han Solo.

LOL @ bringing Kitsch back, you people are delusional.That has about as much probability of happening as me sprouting wings and flying away. Especially if the budget is still $150MM. He can barely carry a television show, let alone a movie.

News of Tatum potentially dropping out is very surprising! Interested to see where this goes but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if it was a ploy to get a better contract/more money. The project won't happen without him.

The Internet will die if Channing Tatum gets cast as Han Solo.

This version or not at all?

If they have a script then just push it back with a new actor and set it up in X4 or New Mutants.
I'm saying that I think this film is only happening because A-list Tatum wanted it to and they are not going to replace him with anything less than another A-lister. I don't see very many A-listers willing to take this film on.

LOL @ bringing Kitsch back, you people are delusional.That has about as much probability of happening as me sprouting wings and flying away. Especially if the budget is still $150MM. He can barely carry a television show, let alone a movie.

News of Tatum potentially dropping out is very surprising! Interested to see where this goes but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if it was a ploy to get a better contract/more money. The project won't happen without him.

The assumption is that this film will be cancelled. Kitsch could be brought back for the ensemble films. I don't think anyone expects him to take the reigns from Tatum. There's really nobody they could find I'm guessing

I'll be distraught if Tatum drops out. Distraught.

I'm saying that I think this film is only happening because A-list Tatum wanted it to and they are not going to replace him with anything less than another A-lister. I don't see very many A-listers willing to take this film on.

I think that budget was pushing it even with Tatum on board.

This was getting made simply because Tatum is a big star. If he's not attached I don't see it happening.

Well the next few weeks/months should be interesting one way or the other.

Tatum must have saw the budget they were thinking about and new the film had no chance of not flopping.

I just read the story on the main page. Is this true? Official? The movie had a director, they were screen testing actors, Tatum was at comic con!

Please, Channing, don't leave me with blue balls.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have locked him up with a contract. Of course, that by itself doesn't mean things can't break down and everyone goes their separate ways, but it certainly makes it more likely for everyone to go through rather than risk a lawsuit.

Anyway, I didn't like the idea of Tatum at first but he's been enthusiastic and said all the right things. I find it hard to believe that things could go that quickly from enthusiastic to crisis mode, but I said the same thing about Edgar Wright and Ant-Man. I will say this, though. It's not going to be a 150 million dollar movie with someone less of a star than Tatum.

On Taylor Kitsch, I thought his Gambit sucked. It was boring and, most importantly, he wasn't really all that Cajun. Tatum made me optimistic when he talked about he was looking for someone with the right accent as the basis for his Gambit accent. It seemed like he was doing his homework and would make it seem authentic.

Someone on here said that he could be negotiating through the press for more money. I could believe that.

I just read the story on the main page. Is this true? Official? The movie had a director, they were screen testing actors, Tatum was at comic con!

Disgust-Disgusted-Euw-Eww-No-No-way.gif

Someone on here said that he could be negotiating through the press for more money. I could believe that.

I think the budget is obscenely large as is. I hope they don't give Tatum more money. The project isn't guaranteed success as is.

They sort of jumped the gun on reporting this . It could still happen but I don't think it's a good career move. It's a big risk for everyone involved.

Star Wars fans will be upset no matter who they cast as young Han Solo.

Did this really have a $150M budget? WTF?

I think the budget is obscenely large as is. I hope they don't give Tatum more money. The project isn't guaranteed success as is.

Exactly. The Rock is the only action star you can guarantee 150 return on your investment. Jupiter flopping doesn't help Tatum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"