Sequels FOX Shared Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Jean should return, evolve into the Phoenix Force and the F4 encounter her in space. She mutates them similar to Magneto's machine...tying in the scene from X1...

Linking X-Men to F4 via the Phoenix is an intriguing idea that has potential. The MCU fanboys would go crazy, of course, even though they can accept 'fake Mandarin' and an Ultron who will have nothing to do with Ant-Man in a film called Age of Ultron that has nothing to do with the comic called Age of Ultron. :whatever:

But it's a nice way of tying the two series together.

I'm still not convinced an F4 reboot is going to be a big hit, especially with Fox's poor marketing of these films.

Linking X-Men to F4 via the Phoenix is an intriguing idea that has potential. The MCU fanboys would go crazy, of course, even though they can accept 'fake Mandarin' and an Ultron who will have nothing to do with Ant-Man in a film called Age of Ultron that has nothing to do with the comic called Age of Ultron. :whatever:

But it's a nice way of tying the two series together.

I'm still not convinced an F4 reboot is going to be a big hit, especially with Fox's poor marketing of these films.
Why should anybody be mad about that? I heard the arc was pretty bad, and had a lot of wolverine

Why should anybody be mad about that? I heard the arc was pretty bad, and had a lot of wolverine

No one will be mad. The MCU fanboyz will be fine with everything that Marvel Studios does... but they wouldn't accept similar deviations within Fox films. That was my point.

Age Of Ultron makes sense as a title. I'm very glad it has nothing to do with that storyline. It sucked :down

Age Of Ultron makes sense as a title. I'm very glad it has nothing to do with that storyline. It sucked :down

I don't think Age of Ultron will make sense. An 'age' is a period or era during which something has been dominant. I doubt Ultron will fit that definition. He will be created, become a menace to the Avengers (but likely not the whole world) and be stopped.

Age of Apocalypse, for instance, suggests a time when Apocalypse has ruled or come into power.

Last edited:
We'll see. No one has read the script, so it's a lil early to start calling out things like that. But I assume it will have Ultron taking over the world in some form. Lotta sci fi going on in that universe now, so there could be other things. All we really know is the movie is on a global level this time round.

Personally I think it's a cool title.... but man that comic was bloody horrible.

Last edited:

I really think FOX missed the opportunity to give us a good Fantastic Four film when they released the 1st FF film. Like financially, it was successful but it would have been so much better if it was good as the Spider-Man/X-Men films, especially FF was my 3rd favorite superhero film series (after X-Men/Spidey) and the 2nd film would have earned more money and buzz from the general audience. And there would have been a third film and trilogy box-set by now.

I don't think Age of Ultron will make sense. An 'age' is a period or era during which something has been dominant. I doubt Ultron will fit that definition. He will be created, become a menace to the Avengers (but likely not the whole world) and be stopped.

Age of Apocalypse, for instance, suggests a time when Apocalypse has ruled or come into power.

I'm really curious if we are gonna get a X-Men film with the title of Age of Apocalypse, I'm pretty sure some MCU fan boy will criticize FOX if they go with that title.

Last edited:
MCU fanboys are upset that shield won't be shoehorned into every Marvel film.

Come on, enough of this fanboy name calling bs. Theres plenty who are just as guilty on the Fox side of things, but overall the majority of fans just want good flicks to enjoy. Marvel gets plenty of backlish when they change something severe. IM3 got more hate (mostly from Marvel fans themselves) then any other comic film this year because of the changing of a D list villain.

Yall are acting like two wrongs make a right. Both studios are making good flicks right now and that's all that matters imo.

Last edited:
Come on, enough of this fanboy name calling bs. Theres plenty who are just as guilty on the Fox side of things, but overall the majority of fans just want good flicks to enjoy. Marvel gets plenty of backlish when they change something severe. IM3 got more hate (mostly from Marvel fans themselves) then any other comic film this year because of the changing of a D list villain.

Yall are acting like two wrongs make a right. Both studios are making good flicks right now and that's all that matters imo.

Well said

Mandarin was B-List, in the very least

Last edited:
Mandarin was B-List

According to what? He's been referred as a D lister in Marvel comics forever. He's not even Taskmaster level.

In strictly Iron man comics he may be considered a main villain but in the Marvel Comic Universe as a whole he's closer to the bottom then the top.

Last edited:
That guys awesome!:applaud

Iron Man himself was B list in the Marvel Universe for awhile, and known to have the worst rogue list out there. No doubt he's one of the more popular Iron Man villains but that aint saying much. . You pretty much had to have read Iron Man comics to know the guy. And Iron Man comics have always sold low to meh at best. I don't think I've ever seen that guy on anyones Marvels top 50 villain list. Hes always been ranked extremely low cause he was never that well known.

I'll give ya C list.

Last edited:
Which is why Mandarin is B list, D-List is a completelly different stage. He may not top Magneto or Dr. Doom but he still not D-List. As for toping marvel comics lists, IGN did put him in the 100 top comic book villains.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/81.html

Which includes DC villains too.

Which is why Mandarin is B list, D-List is a completelly different stage. He may not top Magneto or Dr. Doom but he still not D-List. As for toping marvel comics lists, IGN did put him in the 100 top comic book villains.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/81.html

Which includes DC villains too.

Hey alright he ranked 81 on one list haha! I would have actually placed him higher then alot of those on there.

In the IM world I agree he's an A/B list villain. In the whole comic world I completely disagree. But to each their own. I'm not trying to take a dig at him as one of Iron Mans villains or place him in the dumb ass villain category. He's one of the decent ones for Stark. I assume we are talking how popular these characters are based in the comic world, which is usually how the A,B,C,D list thing goes down, and thats why I just don't get your B ranking at all. Bottom feeder Batman villains had more popularity then that guy. Iron Man was B list even as an Avenger member, how do you think the popularity was for his rogue gallery for a solo that never sold well? Prior to the films, barely anyone who didn't know Iron Man knew who the hell that guy was. And even with the film I still don't think he's that popular or in demand for comics.

Last edited:
I don't know anything Mandarin. But he's probably the most well known Iron Man villain in the comics. Iron Man has an obscure Rogues gallery.

What story lines would both X-Men & FF even have in common? I personally think it makes more sense that they have the Avengers show up.

They are in the same universe, but as of right now, they aren't appearing in a single frame together anytime soon.

Well, Reed and Sue's two kids are Mutants, so they have that connection. Also, I can see the FF and XM getting into similar kinds of sci-fi situations/problems.

Well, Reed and Sue's two kids are Mutants, so they have that connection. Also, I can see the FF and XM getting into similar kinds of sci-fi situations/problems.

Oh yeah, forgot about their children. As for sci-fi story lines, I hope that they don't do a Skrull Invasion/Secret Invasion story. It wouldn't work if The Avengers weren't involved, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, forgot about their children. As for sci-fi story lines, I hope that they don't do a Skrull Invasion/Secret Invasion story. It wouldn't work if The Avengers weren't involved, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"