FOX's Marketing Technique: "What Happens Last/Remembered First?"

Lightning Strikez! said:
Is FOX Aiming To Steal Thunder With "The Back-Door Approach?"

Lol, I'm not even going to touch that one. :O

Lightning Strikez! said:
the new cinematoagrapher--his name escapes me right now).

Phillipe Rousselot, the man is brilliant. :up:

I just want a god damn pic. The only thing keeping me sane right now is that we'll get a trailer in a month :D.

They have a month left of filming, if not over it.

I heard it was the 15th December...they were finishing....they could go over...

speaking of Phillipe Rousselot, does anyone know if X\|/ will be shot on 35mm film or HD digital?

Karategirlx2001 said:
Was it? *sigh* I had forgotten. :o :O

Yes Van Helsing was Universal, not Fox (hence all the Universal characters in the movie - Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman) and it did have a full trailer at the Super Bowl.

Electrix said:
I heard it was the 15th December...they were finishing....they could go over...

They must have different finishing dates - I know Hugh will be in Australia on December 26 for some charity function and he starts filming The Prestige the second week of January - but I guess he can go back and forth like he did in VH if he's not done.

Lightning Strikez! said:
I see.

That was corny by the way. :o

You are so dirty, Lightening. I need to go find someone to spank you! Bad poster!

Lightning Strikez! said:
I didn't know that Prison Break was a Brett-Ratner-creation. Interesting.

Same thing Singer did with 'House', he is also an executive producer for the show....don't know if Ratner is for Prison Break.

Pickle-El said:
Same thing Singer did with 'House', he is also an executive producer for the show....don't know if Ratner is for Prison Break.

He is ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:
That's true. As VileOne said, it has the potential to backfire. Seriously.

But something tells me it must have something to it, because FOX wouldn't be investing nearly $2M on a Superbowl spot if it was utter crap. They've NEVER done that for a comic/film adaptation. Ever. :eek:

That money could be better spent on SFX if the visuals already "sucked so bad". And like I've said before, the film has a $195 million budget anyway.

Are you sure? The budget for X2 was 110$Million.....This is Fox we're talking about. I have trouble seeing them just add another 85 Million into the X3 pot. (Unless they have partners like SR and BB did)

Pickle-El said:
Are you sure? The budget for X2 was 110$Million.....This is Fox we're talking about. I have trouble seeing them just add another 85 Million into the X3 pot. (Unless they have partners like SR and BB did)

Fox is not as cheap as fanboys would like to believe. They have only proven to be cautious with their origin comic films. But as shown with F4, they WILL step to the plate and shell out more $$$ if necessary. I don't see where there is cause for doubt in this case. Consider:

X-Men 1: Budget-$75 million

X2: X-Men United: Budget-$110 million

X3: Budget: $200 million-plus

As you can see the production budget has swelled as each film has been released. The X-Men franchise is HUGE. Fox knows they'll make their money back, so it's a savvy investment. Besides, this is the Return Of The King for this series--it deserves to go out with a bang.

hes sure, lightning knws his stuff ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"