Days of Future Past First Class Official Casting Thread

I don't know I thought Hoult did a pretty good job on Skins. I mean there's no way he's actually as *****ey in real life that I actually cheered for when he got hit by a speeding motor vehicle.

Hoult was great on Skins and in A Single Man! I think he'll be fine playing Beast!

Can't stand Nicolas Holt what an awful actor he is, wonder if he will wear a Juggernaut style muscle suit cos there is no way on this earth he will bulk up enough to look like Beast!

Spectral Motion is working on Beast again, so there will likely be prosthetics involved to make him more Beast-like. :up:

I know they're working on the film, but do you know specifically that they're working on Beast? ;)

i know they're working on the film, but do you know specifically that they're working on beast? ;)

They're doing Mystique for sure. Probably Azazel and others...I just assumed they would be working on Beast as well. Unless they just want Hoult as-is? Which would suck, imo :p

Last edited:
well beast starts off as not blue

In the comics and most other incarnations, yes, but we don't know yet about this film. Also, he doesn't have to be blue to require makeup and prosthetic work... Beast is supposed to always be muscular, husky and disproportionate (especially his hands and feet.)

In the comics and most other incarnations, yes, but we don't know yet about this film. Also, he doesn't have to be blue to require makeup and prosthetic work... Beast is supposed to always be muscular, husky and disproportionate (especially his hands and feet.)
Which we had better see. I would by really ticked if we didn't

I would love to see that, but Grammars beast was pretty proportionate. Hands and feet were normal size in comparison to the rest of his body, and he stood perfectly straight.
I'd imagine pre-blue Beast would have to be the same. :/

Singer and Vaughn's interpretation of Beast isn't necessarily going to be the same as Ratner's. I wonder what they're going to do with him, since most people liked what X3 offered with him yet Singer hasn't used the character himself outside of a cameo.

Visually, it's hard to say. Beast's concept art isn't drastically different, although he is more ape-like, but I believe they were going to make use of CGI.

I have to imagine Singer's Beast would be a lot more interesting to watch. I loved Kelsey Grammar as Beast but Ratner didn't really give him mannerisms as interesting as Singer gave Mystique or Nightcrawler. The only scene where he acted Beast-like in a normal setting was when he was reading up side down and even then it didn't feel that natural.

True. Rabecca and Cumming worked with movement couches and everything. Doubt Kelsey did.

I thought Kelsey did fine in the role. He's about the only good thing and decision in that film.

If they don't make him disproportionate I won't care all that much. If they go in that direction, it better not look hokey. Because it's very easy that it could.

The 2 good casting decsions for the Last stand were Kelsey grammer as Beast(which was made by Matthew vaughn) and Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde.

I am sure beast will look good for First Class.He should be similar to the prefurr version
of beast but Is fine with me If he doesn't 100 percent match prefurr hank appearance.

You guys are missing the point. I'm not disagreeing with the casting, just how he was directed. Grammar was a good choice but Ratner doesn't pay attention to details like movements and mannerisms as much Singer does. Grammar delivered the personality well but I think if he had Singer directing him he would have acted a lot more like the character in more subtle ways. Like I said, just look at Mystique and Nightcrawler.

And I don't think Ellen Page was a good Shadowcat. She's a good actress but I often forget Shadowcat was in that movie and that Ellen Page played her. She didn't capture the spunky or upbeat personality of Kitty at all. She just felt like a random girl in the school that Iceman may or may not have been crushing on. That may be a fault of the script but Ellen Page didn't do anything amazing with the role that a no name actress wouldn't have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"