Transformers Did Starscream Shoot...

FCEEVIPER

Rubber bullets. Honest
Reaction score
Did Starscream Shoot Megatron in the movie?

My brother and 2 of my friends say Starscream did, but I thought only the other F-22 Raptors shot Megatron. I seen the film twice but I still believe only the military shot Megatron down.

I found this on another message board...

Starscream transform and blend in with the Jets and help take down Megatron.. I knew it saw that.. I was telling my friend at the movie the first time, i think Starscream Shot Megatron....

Starscream only shot a couple of jets before joining them..

Starscreams profile:

In the film, Starscream arrives in time to aid the Decepticons in the final battle. Upon reuniting with Megatron, he is scolded by Megatron for his failure to acquire the Allspark. Megatron admonishes him, saying, "you have failed me yet again, Starscream," in a manner reminiscent of his G1 counterpart. He destroys several human vehicles, including many other F-22 Raptors (in the process of doing so he disguises himself as one of the Raptors that severely wound Megatron, resurfacing Starscream's treachery and eagerness to lead), and is the only 'confirmed' Decepticon to survive, though it is also possible that Scorponok and Barricade survived. An interlude during the end credits shows Starscream leaving Earth's atmosphere, leaving questions about his role in the future sequel.

Bay is not that clever to put that in there, he is?

What do you guys think?

Generation 1 fun...
[YT]nweNm43sjuk[/YT]
[YT]xcx8IAZU80Q[/YT]
[YT]uKcUD2CNxQw[/YT]

That's a theory going around here...but nothing confirmed.

Did Starscream Shoot Megatron in the movie?

My brother and 2 of my friends say Starscream did, but I thought only the other F-22 Raptors shot Megatron. I seen the film twice but I still believe only the military shot Megatron down.

ARGGG!!!!! You beat me to it! lol!

I know Bay did say that Starscream was going to be up to his old self trying to over throw Megatron. In the Prequel Novel of the movie Starscream wants to hunt and kill Megatron before the other Decepticons find him.

Whether he did or not, it's not explained visually or stated with dialogue, so it didn't happen.

Haha! This SS debate is gonna be like the Han Solo/Gredo debate "Who shot first"..........

I personally didn't see it. Even on my second viewing because it happpened so quickly, also it wasn't highlighted if that was the tue intentions of the scene. Who's to say that the forth plane (Who most assume was SS) wasn't hanging in the background off screen, and once SS had finished his attack on the other F-22's and saw that the rest of the Decepticons had been creamed, desided at that point to cut his losses and retreat..? SS is a known coward, after all.

Even Orci isn't sure if SS shot at Megs, so apparently he didn't write it that way. Did anyone see a Deceptiocn logo on the F-22?

Somebody should ask this question on Bay's website.

Somebody should ask this question on Bay's website.

Well somebody asked one of the writers and they weren't sure either.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong, here's the actual quote:

Q: Was it really Starscream that fired that first missle at Megatron?

A: Very interesting rumor.

How can't they be sure? Either they wrote Megatron being shot by Starscream or they didn't.

Strange. Seen the movie 3 times now ... and I paid attention to where StarScream took a dive into the city. It all happens SOOO fast. There's only 1 F22 flying low ... could be StarScream , could be a brave pilot.

Nevermind, I was wrong, this is what was said:

Q: Was it really Starscream that fired that first missle at Megatron?

A: Very interesting rumor.

Sure, but he is the director so he has final say, right?

final say (yes, or no)

is not the same as

"cleaver enough to put it in"

classic give all credit/all blame to directors mentality

Strange. Seen the movie 3 times now ... and I paid attention to where StarScream took a dive into the city. It all happens SOOO fast. There's only 1 F22 flying low ... could be StarScream , could be a brave pilot.
Well most people link it to the line about "planes not flying that low".

Then it probably wasn't Starscream.
except just because it wasnt written in the script doesn't mean it wasn't a decision made by Bay or the animators when putting the scene together

If he did, I kinda wish that he didn't.

If they didn't have the time or money to actually show this in clear sight and have a shot or two to follow up on this, then it'll seem like a whole bunch of nothing to cram into the story for Starscream in the next movie.

-TNC

If he did, I kinda wish that he didn't.

If they didn't have the time or money to actually show this in clear sight and have a shot or two to follow up on this, then it'll seem like a whole bunch of nothing to cram into the story for Starscream in the next movie.

-TNC
It could make a real interesting plot for the next film. Having the Decepticons find out Starscream secretly betrayed his leader.

or just a sly nod put in for the eagle eyed fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"