Transformers Did Starscream Shoot...

I can live with a maybe :cwink:

Don't get me wrong. Just to let you know, I am crossing my fingers for an extended cut. In the extended cut it would be really cool if they had a scene that moved the argument more into the "he in fact did shoot" category.

Ya know now that you mention it I don't no what happened to StarScream. I knew he survived. But I don't know what happened after the air battle. So you might be right. And I think thats what append. Plus all those decepticons the alspark created survived.

This debate reminds me of the time of Star Wars Episode 3. Remember when The Emperor fought Mace Windu and got his Lightsaber knocked out of his hand and he pleaded for his life. Some people said that he lost the fight fair and square and some people claimed he threw the fight so Anakin would witness the Jedi's trying to take over. We all expected George Lucas to tell us the real deal of the scene on the dvd commentary, well that was a lost hope because George didn't tell us a damn thing. Palpatine obviously through the fight for Anakin to witness but that is still up to debate almost 3 years later. Lets hope Michael Bay doesn't wuss out like Lucas did (Lucas didn't want to piss of Samual L. Jackson) and not tell us the real deal if he shot or not. We may never know folks.

See I think you're partially right. Except for the change of objection. I'm with the people who said SS shot Megs. Now that I got that out of the way here is what I think happend.

I am amazed that no one notice that in that same scene when Starscream was indeed damaged, he transformed into a homanoid form and marked the jet to the left of him with his finger and damaged it in the same exact place he was. Then transformed back into a jet and fell back behind the jet he just marked leading the other two jets. Could he have possibly told the other jets to stay on him?

If so, could "Stay on him!" mean "Stay on the Decoy" or "Stay on the target which was Megatron" If I'm correct, if they're objective was to shoot at Megatron they would want to try and reach they're objective, and target.

That's my 2 cents

Edit. btw I've seen the movie 4 times in theaters. And I strongly beleive that there are just thing that boot leg movies just can't show you as clearly since there quality is poor.

Good example, Who saw Brock's Skeleton in SM3. I saw the movie 3 times, twice in the theater and once in IMAX. The first time I saw it at a regular theater I missed the Skeleton. But the second and especialy the Imax I saw it clear as day. Everyone who argued otherwise was because instead of paying to see it again, they just downloaded the boot leg (like I did after seeing it 3 times) and guees what, the brightness of the Pumkinbomb hid the skeleton from view.

My point being, unless you've seen it more than once in the theater you can't use bootlegs as a reliable souce...

Well, at the end of the day you will believe what you want. Its interesting how memories can be warped into realities that don't exist. Like the socio experiment where a mugging is staged. Because it happens so fast, people begin to make up characteristics of the mugger that don't exist...

For example, I've seen the film 4 times in the theatre too, but it wasn't until I watched my so called "bootleg" DVD that I noticed Prime cuts off Bonecrusher's hand before he decapitates him. Or that the Xbox 360 makes the Xbox power on sound when the Allspark brings it to life. If you caught that in 4 theatre viewings my hats off to you, cause I didn't.

To further illustrate my point, SS does not even touch that last plane before his final transformation. He swipes at it and misses. There is no mark left on the military craft either, and no sound that would indicate contact was made. HE MISSED. In your mind you wanted it to be true and your recollection warped it as such. I'm sorry my friend, it just didn't happen.

As for my DVD, well it doesn't have dolby surround or THX sound but the visual quality is exemplary. Its not Blu Ray or HD DVD quality, but its pretty dang close to standard DVD quality.

The pilots are having a dog fight with SS. Why would they mean stay on Megs. The exact dialog goes:
Pilot, "Second wave's on approach."
SS flies into frame and transforms
Pilot, "What is that!? Take off!"
SS starts attacking
Pilot, "There's a massive amount of {unintelligible}
More SS attacking
Pilot, "{unintelligible} stop that guy"
F22 hits SS with missile
SS continues to attack
SS makes last change back to jet form
Pilot, "Stay on him keep him in your sights."

From Starscream's entry on Wikipedia:
Movie plot
In the film, Starscream rallies the other Decepticons to battle when Frenzy alerts them to the Allspark's location. Upon reuniting with Megatron, he is scolded by his leader in a manner reminiscent of his G1 counterpart: "You have failed me yet again, Starscream!". He arrives in time to aid Devastator and Megatron in the final battle and destroys several human vehicles, including three other F-22 Raptors. Starscream is able to conceal himself among the jets in order to ambush them, but eventually retreats from the battle after the F-22 pilots regroup and engage him with their superior numbers. An interlude during the end credits shows Starscream leaving Earth's atmosphere, leaving questions about his role in the future sequel.

I think the only thing that can be said for certain is that there is no way to be certain as to whether Starscream is one of the F-22's to shoot at Megatron or not...it's a cool idea though and maybe something that can be used in a sequel to develop Starscream's character.

Well I didn't see Starscream shoot Megatron but he did leave a few F-22's alive when he could have easily defeated them...so he did cause the 'death' of Megatron.

It was definitely the Air Force who hit Megatron. They were ordered to strike just before it happened. That's called descriptive storytelling. The soldiers cried "Take him out!" just before Megs got hit. That's how the scene plays out. To read it any other way is wishful thinking. And if it was meant for SS to hit Megs, then it wasn't shown or described visually in any way, shape or form to make it clear, so it didn't happen.

It may have been descriptive storytelling, however, when Megatron tells SS that he has failed him again, there is no background story to give new viewers information. It takes someone that knows the history to understand. It would make sense for SS to attack Megatron, especially seening an opportunity like that.

It may have been descriptive storytelling, however, when Megatron tells SS that he has failed him again, there is no background story to give new viewers information. It takes someone that knows the history to understand. It would make sense for SS to attack Megatron, especially seening an opportunity like that.

You guys are reaching so hard. You really wanted to see a G1 version of Transformers huh? I guess if you want something really bad your mind will find some way twist reality to become your fantasy.

My friends, SS did not shoot Megatron. It just didn't happen.

I wish it did, but all signs point to nay.

You guys are reaching so hard. You really wanted to see a G1 version of Transformers huh? I guess if you want something really bad your mind will find some way twist reality to become your fantasy.

My friends, SS did not shoot Megatron. It just didn't happen.

and it wasn't G1 for Megatron to say "you fail me again Starscream?"

I guess it wasn't G1 for Prime to say "one shall stand, one shall fall" either

Yep not a hint of G1 in this movie "Autobots roll out!" nope not G1

Peter Cullen voicing Prime? Nothing G1 about that. Jazz acting like he does, Bumblebee developing a relationship with the main human character whose last name is Witwicky certainly nothing G1 about that either :cwink:

Peter Cullen voicing Prime? Nothing G1 about that. Jazz acting like he does, Bumblebee developing a relationship with the main human character whose last name is Witwicky certainly nothing G1 about that either :cwink:

LOL...Owned.

LOL...Owned.

Umm..or not. Yes, there were storylines taken from the G1 cartoon/comic, but the ONLY thing that even hints at the relationship between Starscream and Megatron is that one line and that isn't enough to describe a reason for Starscream to hate Megatron enough to try and kill him. Starscream isn't even hinted at being second-in-command. Frenzy and Blackout have more screentime than him.

Umm..or not. Yes, there were storylines taken from the G1 cartoon/comic, but the ONLY thing that even hints at the relationship between Starscream and Megatron is that one line and that isn't enough to describe a reason for Starscream to hate Megatron enough to try and kill him. Starscream isn't even hinted at being second-in-command. Frenzy and Blackout have more screentime than him.

Wow chief Starscream is second in command and to me its clear. Its Starscream who orders the Decepticons to mobilize not anybody else and if he hasn't been in command of the situation then how could Starscream be the one to "fail" Megatron? Also here is an overview of the prequel novel to THIS movie :cwink:

In the prequel novel Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday it is revealed that Starscream is leader of the Decepticons following Megatron's disappearance during his search for the Allspark. He and a crew of Decepticons travel in the Nemesis to search for the Allspark and Megatron, although Starscream is not keen on the latter. His leadership is uneasy at best: Blackout opposes him at every turn, while Barricade tolerates it only as a means of finding Megatron. Encountering Ghost-1, a human craft of Cybertronian design, Starscream manipulated them into revealing that Megatron and the Allspark were on Earth, then betrayed them. After winning a vicious duel with Blackout for leadership, he launched a full-scale assault on the Autobots. Just as he and Bonecrusher almost killed Optimus Prime, Starscream was severely injured by Ghost-1. In retaliation he destroyed the human craft before retreating.[4] Optimus Prime notes that Starscream's Cybertronian jet mode resembles that of Megatron's

Wow chief Starscream is second in command and to me its clear. Its Starscream who orders the Decepticons to mobilize not anybody else and if he hasn't been in command of the situation then how could Starscream be the one to "fail" Megatron? Also here is an overview of the prequel novel to THIS movie :cwink:

In the prequel novel Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday it is revealed that Starscream is leader of the Decepticons following Megatron's disappearance during his search for the Allspark. He and a crew of Decepticons travel in the Nemesis to search for the Allspark and Megatron, although Starscream is not keen on the latter. His leadership is uneasy at best: Blackout opposes him at every turn, while Barricade tolerates it only as a means of finding Megatron. Encountering Ghost-1, a human craft of Cybertronian design, Starscream manipulated them into revealing that Megatron and the Allspark were on Earth, then betrayed them. After winning a vicious duel with Blackout for leadership, he launched a full-scale assault on the Autobots. Just as he and Bonecrusher almost killed Optimus Prime, Starscream was severely injured by Ghost-1. In retaliation he destroyed the human craft before retreating.[4] Optimus Prime notes that Starscream's Cybertronian jet mode resembles that of Megatron's

Stop right there, George Lucas, I shouldn't have to read a prequel novel to understand the relationships between characters in a movie. ;)

Stop right there, George Lucas, I shouldn't have to read a prequel novel to understand the relationships between characters in a movie. ;)

Then why the hell did you go see this movie? Was it not because you saw the TV show or read the original comics?

I'd be safe to bet that more than 60% of the audience are fans and KNOWS about SS and Megs relationship. We're giving the "General Public" way too much credit. I think the reason this movie is making so much $$ is because of Repeate viewings by TF Fans (like me who've already seen it 6 times) and that those are the fans who are going to notice things like SS shooting Megs.

yeah, 6 times...

I think he did shoot I mean it's Starscream were talking about.

Sucker. This film was G1 in spirit only. There were a few G1 references sprinkled to give the fanboys like you the hard on you were itching for.

If it was a true G1 adaptation, Megatron would have been a gun and BB would have been a VW bug. Devestator would have been comprised of the constructicons, and the autobots would have been operating out of a crashed spacecraft in what we can only assume was the southwestern US (based on the tv show). Most of, all those damn robots would have been fighting over energon cubes.

My point was that you should just enjoy the movie for what it was. Some folks are trying to fabricate things to satisfy fan boy urges. This isn't Memento people. Bay didn't create this film as a psychological vehicle thru the depths of the human psyche. The film was straight forward for people of all ages to follow and understand. SS didn't shoot megs. The 4 fighter jets that shot him were part of the first wave. SS was busy dealing with the 7 fighters in the second squad of fighters1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"