Free Comics Contest

whoops, let me fix that, hold on

you can pick one book from the link (with some exceptions), and one selection from the rest of the list. For your second selection from the list, you can choose any two of the books in the second section

Wanted and Avengers Assemble (if possible)

mmm, sorry, but that one's signed by Busiek and Perez

could get you volume 2, though. That's got Ultron Unlimited in it

Let me get Black Hole, and whats the best Sin City volume?

Then I suggest you start from the beginning, Sin City aka ( A Hard Goodbye). Thats marv's story.

Okay, Hard Goodbye it is then.

I'll get on that Conan write up when I get home.

conangodinbowlcover.jpg

Title: Conan
Writer/Artist: Kurt Busiek/Cary Nord
Publisher: Dark Horse
Summary: Writer, Robert E. Howard's incredible creation is back in this epic Comic series brought to you by the folks of Dark Horse Comics. Kurt Busiek and artist Cary Nord adapt Howard's epic stories of Conan in this incredible comic. All the stuff you'd come to expect from the world of Conan is here. Monsters, Barbarians, warriors, and magic. Brought to you by this marvelous creative team. From The Frost Giant's daughter, to The Tower of the Elephant, these two greats of the industry weave an awesome tapestry of violence and fantasy the likes of which you rarely see. Truly a must read for any fan of the character. If you enjoy fantasy, and epic storytelling, then this is the series for you.

Format: The series is collected in three volumes so far, starting with Frost Giant's Daughter, The God in the Bowl and other stories, and The Tower of the Elephant. All are in trade paperback form.

You can find copies of all three here, at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/103-0798879-2659030?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=Kurt+Busiek+Conan

Conan2cnord.jpg

conangodinbowl1.jpg

conangodinbowl2.jpg

conantowerofelephant1.jpg

conantowerofelephant2.jpg

conantowerofelephant3.jpg

jthmcover.jpg

Title: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
Writer/Artist: Jhonen Vasquez
Publisher: Slave Labor Graphics
Summary: In the mood for graphic, so gory you'll have to read it with a vomit bucket handy, comics? Then this is the book for you. JTHM is Jhonen Vasquez's hilarious comic about, well, a homicidal maniac named Johnny (NNY to his friends) silly. We follow the exploits of this insane murderer as he slices and dices his neighbors, people on the street, convenience store clerks, grandmothers, you name it. Now, don't get me wrong, there's more to the book than the ultra violence. Theres lessons to be learned here. Like tolerance of others, and how full of crap a lot of people can be, and don't listen to Pillsbury dough boys that tell you to kill people and paint a wall in your house with their blood. This book will crawl up through your eyes and sodomize your brain with a rusty meat cleaver. A must read for everybody. (Mature readers only.)

Format: The book is collected in trade paperback form. Theres also a Director's cut edition.

Heres a copy at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/103-0798879-2659030?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=JTHM

jthm1.jpg

jthm2.jpg

jthm3.jpg

jthm4.jpg

jthm5.jpg

jthm6.jpg

You know, I never was able to get into JTHM, it was alright, but nothing id go crazy over.

Really? I loved it. From the sad pathetic life of Squee, to the insane adventures of Noodle boy. It was crazy.

Awsome! I didnt' think I'd even come close! I wanted to do more, but with my home circumstances and all that, I just wasn't able to.

This is like a buffet! I have a list of about 20 that I have to narrow down. I'll have to take a little time to think about it. Also, are Jake and I allowed to pick one from the link, or just the posted selections? (I know that it's just 1 trade for each of us, but can we pick it from either list?)

granted that I can pick from either list.... do me a favor and go ahead and tell me from the list below what I can't have. That'll help me narrow it down a bit...

Marvel Hardcovers (or same size)
Daredevil Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Blue

Absolute Editions (or same size)
Batman: Hush

Hardcovers
Captain America: Winter Soldier

Standard Sized
Kingdom Come
Sojourn Vol. 1
“ “ Vol. 2

Odd Shapes
Earth X Hardcover w/ plastic case

Second List
Invincible Vol. 1-3 (all three volumes together)
The Thing: Idol of Millions

No, only DP gets to choose from my whole library. That was something special I threw in, since I'll want to rebuy whatever is selected from there. But the rest of the list are books that I have duplicates of, so those're the ones you've gotta choose from:

Invincible Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
The Walking Dead Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
Great Lakes Avengers
Frank Miller's Ronin
Understanding Comics

Your choice of any two of the following (counts as one):
Sin City (full size, not the little digests)
-The Hard Goodbye
-The Big Fat Kill
-A Dame to Kill For
-Hell and Back
The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius
Transmetropolitan vol 1.
Spider-Man/Human Torch
Runaways digest vol 1.

Anubis said:
This book will crawl up through your eyes and sodomize your brain with a rusty meat cleaver.
Greatest description ever. :up:

I love that apparently someone at Nickelodeon read this and said "You know what? We should get this guy to do a cartoon for us for us!"

And he did. And it was gopod. All praise Zim.

Elijya said:
No, only DP gets to choose from my whole library. That was something special I threw in, since I'll want to rebuy whatever is selected from there. But the rest of the list are books that I have duplicates of, so those're the ones you've gotta choose from:

Invincible Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
The Walking Dead Vol 1-3 (all three volumes together)
Great Lakes Avengers
Frank Miller's Ronin
Understanding Comics

Your choice of any two of the following (counts as one):
Sin City (full size, not the little digests)
-The Hard Goodbye
-The Big Fat Kill
-A Dame to Kill For
-Hell and Back
The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius
Transmetropolitan vol 1.
Spider-Man/Human Torch
Runaways digest vol 1.

I see. Hmm, then it's down to Invincible or Thing. Also, the Spiderman/Human Torch... that's Digest right? And Thing... is that only the first 6 issues as Amazon states, or the whole series (8 issues?), as I've read elsewhere?

JewishHobbit said:
I see. Hmm, then it's down to Invincible or Thing. Also, the Spiderman/Human Torch... that's Digest right? And Thing... is that only the first 6 issues as Amazon states, or the whole series (8 issues?), as I've read elsewhere?

Amazon has it as 6 issues but really, I see that changing soon.

goldenage.jpg

Title: JSA: Goldenage
Writer/Artist: James Robinson/Paul Smith
Publisher: DC Comics
Summary: It's the end of WWII. The men are back from the front and America is starting to go back to normal. The time of the costumed do-gooders seems to be on it's last legs. But, there's something going on in Washington. The Red Scare is in full effect and Washington, looking to eliminate the subversive element from the country, turns to one man to save them. A hero of WWII. The Americommando. Back from the war after taking out some of the third Reich's most fearsome superheroes and even the Fuhrer himself. He has plans for America, and it's superheroes. But are those plans for the betterment of the USA? Or is it for something far more sinister? We follow retired heros Johnny Quick, Green Lantern Alan Scott, Hourman Rex Tyler, and others as they try to get used to the changing world they find themselves in, and come face to face with the Americommando's plan for the superpowers of the United States. James Robinson puts together an incredible tale with twist and turns, that will blow your mind. Ending in a massive battle that goes down as one of the best in comic book history. If you're enjoying Marvel Comics Civil War, or enjoy Goldenage tales with a modern age spin, then this is definitely the book for you. A must read.

Format: This book can be found in trade paperback form.

Heres a look at a copy from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...752731/ref=sr_1_1/103-0798879-2659030?ie=UTF8

americommando.jpg

goldenage5.jpg

goldenage2.jpg

goldenage4.jpg

goldenage3.jpg

Goldenage1.jpg

So, do I like need to PM you my address or something Elijya?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"