"From The Pages Of..." Comics Universe RPG: Season I Signup/OOC Thread

Aw man, we just got through taking out all those vamps in Alaska and LA. Can't a brotha get a break?

Feel free to take a break. I don't need to deal with anyone yet. I want to set-up the hierarchy of evil first.:awesome:

Okay, what's been going on up in this mah?

Okay, what's been going on up in this mah?

Currently?

Sherlock Holmes and the Winchester brothers just finished up dealing with a vampire infestation in LA, A-Team and Team Bartowski are on a mission to save James Bond from Dr. No, the Ninja Turtles are fighting Shredder and the Foot alongside Rorschach and Darkman, although Leonardo is in Japan to have a magic sword made to stop Shredder, and V is trying to take down Norsefire in Britain.

Alright, thanks man. So who'd be up for a team up with Dinobot? *begins writing app*

Currently?

Sherlock Holmes and the Winchester brothers just finished up dealing with a vampire infestation in LA, A-Team and Team Bartowski are on a mission to save James Bond from Dr. No, the Ninja Turtles are fighting Shredder and the Foot alongside Rorschach and Darkman, although Leonardo is in Japan to have a magic sword made to stop Shredder, and V is trying to take down Norsefire in Britain.

My god, there is so much awesome in that summary.

From The Pages Of... RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: The Manly Torch

Character you'd like to portray: Horatio Caine; the Mask

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Superhuman physical attributes, shapeshifting, healing factor, elasticity, self-transmutation, sizeshifting, and the ability to create objects out of thin air.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): CSI: Miami, IDW Publishing; Mayhem, Dark Horse

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): Horatio Caine witnessed his father go to jail for murdering his mother when he was eight years old. He and his brother Raymond were raised by his grandparents. When he grew up and graduated college, he was employed as a homicide detective in New York City, during which time he had an altercation with his paroled father, ending in his father’s death. During his time there, his girlfriend was murdered by a man named Walter Resden. Eventually, he moved to Miami, and soon after joined the bomb squad. He met Al Humphreys there, who became his mentor and close friend until he died in an explosion. He returned to being a homicide detective, and accepted a promotion to lieutenant and head of the Miami-Dade Police Dept. Crime Lab.

He has established himself as responsible and meticulous, keeping the crime lab running smoothly and as clean as possible. He is protective of the lab and the people who work in it, and he defends them with his own reputation, which is practically spotless, as far as anyone can discern. As a commissioned police officer, he carries a badge and a gun.

Stanley Ipkiss, growing up in New York City, wandered into an antiques shop looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for his girlfriend, Kathy, when he discovered an old mask that he knew his antique-coveting beau would enjoy. However, later, when he tried it on, he became something entirely different. After a few days of killings, newspapers dubbed him Big Head, because his green, big-toothed face was big. The emotional impact spilled into his personal life, and he grew distant from Kathy. They had a falling out, and she kept the mask. Ipkiss broke in later that night to steal the mask, but is caught and arrested by Lt. Kellaway.

The mask has made its rounds until it ends up in Miami…

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Walking the Line.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: Well, I want to be a part of this RPG. I saw the Mask movie when I was young, as well as the cartoon. And I thought it might be fun to have somebody from another franchise wear the mask.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: Hm. I’ll pass.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: 0.8 days. Nah, just kiddin’, I’ll be as active as the majority.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

The sun shone down brilliantly upon the summer scene, scathing the Miami residents with sizzling heat. A dark blue Prius stopped before a line of yellow police tape stretched across the roadway. A balding man in his early forties stepped out of the car, whipping out a handkerchief and mopping up the secretion of overactive sweat glands on his forehead. A young man looked up from his inspection of the ground not far from the edge of the crime scene and smirked at the man.

“Hey, Frank!” he called. “You’re late! What happened?”

As Sergeant Tripp stepped beneath the police tape and approached, he shook his head aggressively.

“Listen, it’s something wrong with my truck. I don’t know. I, uh… I can’t start it, alright? Let’s just leave it at that.”

“And the blue Prius?”

“It’s my wife’s, Mr. Wolfe,” Tripp scowled.

He was relieved to see a distraction in the form of Detective Duquesne approaching them with interjecting words, “Well, it was definitely a bomb.”

They turned to her, and she held out a couple of charred pieces of bomb components.

Sgt. Tripp scanned the crime scene, shaking his head at the encrusted ruins of what was once an apartment building.

“Any survivors?” he asked.

“None. Funny thing, though.”

”What?”

“Everything was pretty well torn up, you could say decimated, except for one thing. Underneath the remains of one of the bodies, we found this really old mask just kinda tucked away underneath some book. And by the looks of things, it doesn’t seem to have been affected by the explosion at all.”

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:

csi_h_shades.jpg

Damn, when I first looked at that, I though you were going to give Horatio the Mask. :wow:

I so hope that Horatio is going to kill people in ridiculously cartoonish fashions and then put on his sunglasses and make puns about said deaths every single time.

Also hi.

Alright, so I'm not sure if I can pick up another RPG, but I'll be keeping an eye out over here. :up:

From The Pages Of... RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: The Question

Character you'd like to portray: The Master

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Superhuman intelligence, telepathy/mind control, can regenerate from death, super strength/speed/agility, shoots lightning blasts.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Doctor Who

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): Just to give the cliff notes here:

Born on Gallifrey as Koschei

Best friends with The Doctor

During Time Lord initiation ceremony he was made to look into the time vortex through a hole in the universe which traumatized him.

As he grew up, that trauma manifested as an unending drum beat that drove him mad and urged him to lash out. Growing up in Time Lord society he was expected to live a life of service and adhere to very restricting rules. He was bullied by many of his peers, a long with The Doctor, and was treated with cold distance by his Time Lord elders who expected him to adhere to a strict code of behavior. In their teenage years, Koschei and The Doctor were very rebellious, and were part of a group of pranksters/juvenile delinquents called The Deca, most of whom would become renegade Time Lords.

Over time, his mental stability deteriorated as the maddening drum beat in his mind and the law of Gallifrey caused him to lash out and lust for power, control, and glory more and more. Ultimately, he gave into the madness and took the name The Master.

He and The Doctor ultimately battles many times across the cosmos. At one point, he was killed by the Daleks, but later resurrected by the rulers of Gallifrey to serve as an agent in their war with The Daleks. He escaped the destruction of The Time Lords in the war by fleeing into the distant future and posing as a human, forgetting his nature. The Doctor found him and unknowingly helped him remember who he was, causing him to return to Modern Day Earth and briefly take over the British government. Although defeated by The Doctor,m his actions in office lead to the war that would allow the Norsfire party to seize power. He died, but was resurrected again with new powers. The last time The Doctor saw The Master, he took the very people who had used and manipulated them since childhood, the rulers of Gallifrey, back into the fiery death of the Time War along with himself.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Villain.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: You guys need a big bad and he's one of my favorites.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: Why two sentences? That's oddly specific. I don't see why having it be two sentences is a prerequisite for me to explain myself. In any event, I'm a good writer who loves Who.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: I don't know. Once or twice, I'd think. Maybe more, depending on how I'm doing creatively.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:
And with a smile befitting a wise old child, The Doctor all but skipped down the hall to the TARDIS' control room to set sail for a new world to explore.

"Is he gone?"

A round faced man with an equally round belly wearing long brown robes peered around the corner.

"Yes, he's gone," said his associate, a tall, well built man standing in the middle of the hall. "I don't see why you feel the need to hide. He can't see us."

"You can never be too careful with him."

"Our perception filters have fooled The TARDIS so far. He can't see us."

"He's The Doctor," said the shorter and fatter of the two.

The taller man rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Come on, then. The others will wonder where we've gone off to.

He picked up a large bag from around the corner and headed down the hall, the fat man in the robes keeping pace behind him with a bag of his own slung over his shoulder.

"You know what they call him?" asked the fat man. "The Daleks, I mean."

"Isn't it 'The Destroyer of Worlds?' or something like that?"

"I thought it was 'The Oncoming Storm.' Maybe it's both. Either way, awfully poetic for The Daleks. They had to invent poetry just to get across how scared he makes them. Think about it."

"The man's got a hundred titles. 'The Oncoming Storm,' 'The Dark Lord,' 'The Threefold Man,' 'The Lonely God...'

"But to us," said a woman, stepping out of a doorway, "He'll always be skinny little Theta Sigma."

"All a bunch of rubbish if you ask me," said the taller man as he stopped in front of her. "Man has an inflated reputation."

The fat man rushed up beside the other two.

"'Lo Ushas."

"Hello, Mortimus," she said, smiling.

The three walked through the door into an old fashioned smoking parlor, with leather furniture, floor to ceiling book cases, a roaring fireplace, and candles lighting the room. A skinnier, balding man stood in the corner, eyeing his compatriots nervously.

"By the Nightmare Child," said the taller man, "I even scored higher marks than he did in school."

"Magnus, did you get the food?" asked the balding man.

The man called Magnus threw his bag into the center of the room.

"Yeah yeah, I've got enough to last us a while. Don't get your knickers in a twist, Drax."

"Well, with all of your squabbling, you're bound to get us found out," Drax replied.

"What do you care," as the taller man. "You don't even want to be here."

At that, Drax winced. Nervously, he glanced at one of the armchairs facing the fireplace before looking back at his parring partner.

"Look, I... just wanted to... I'm just hungry. That's all," he said. He grabbed a loaf of bread from the bag and took a bight.

Magnus chuckled.

"Yeah right, hungry. You're scared. Scared of Koschei. Crazy little Koschei, thinking he can boss everyone around."

Drax's face suddenly drained of all color. Mortimus made a very loud gulbing sound and sunk behind Ushas, tying to make himself as invisible as possible Ushas simply smiled.

"You know, I'm getting pretty sick of you calling the shots around here, Koschei," said Magnus, addressing one of the chairs facing the fireplace. "You saved our lives, and I'm grateful, but we should have left as soon as we could. I don't see why you want us wasting time on The Doctor."

There was a heavy silence after Magnus spoke, a tension broken only after a few moments when a voice came from one of the armchairs.

"That. Is not. My name."

The man in the chair stood. He was wiry, with short blond hair, dressed in a very Edwardian style, with a frock coat, tartan trousers, and a cape. He scanned the room with eyes full of madness and rage, looking each and every one of his companions in the eyes. Each one could feel the chaos of his mind, like a thousand shattered mirrors caught in a hurricane, in his stare.

"None of you are using our proper names. We chose them. They define us."

Magnus rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry..."

In the time it took to blink, the man Magnus had called Koschei was standing in front of him, their faces not an inch apart.

"You are The War Chief," the man said to Magnus.

He backed off and turned to the others. He pointed to Mortimus.

"He is The Monk."

Then to Ushas.

"She is The Rani."

Then to Drax.

"He is The Tinkerer."

He patted his hand against his chest, proudly.

"And I am The Master."

He stared at 'The War Chief,' with the fire of a vengeful deity in his eyes. He then broke his expression with a giant, twelve year old's grin.

"Which, come to think of it, is probably why I'm calling the shots around here."

He turned on his heel and began pacing back and forth across the room.

"Now! As for why we're 'wasting time on The Doctor,' we're not wasting time. I have very big plans for him and his adopted home world. Plans beneficial to all of us, including him. After all, he's family. We're all family. And if we're going to achieve any of our individual goals, if we're going to have fun and raise HELL like we used to, we need to work together as a family."

He walked over to the second armchair, running his fingers across the back.

"After all, there's nothing more important than family."

He leaned around the side of the chair, coming face to face with a young woman with short dark hair and a tired, vacant stare, looking at absolutely nothing. He smiled as he looked into her face.

"Isn't that right, Susan?"

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?: Yeah, but I don't wanna.

We have a Doctor, therefore we need a Master.

Approved.

And, as a celebration, a song!

Well... Nothin' against you, but I reckon that confusion would stem from the fact that you got approved, and I haven't seen nothin' sayin' whether I was approved or even rejected. I know you're like a vet and I'm a noob, but still...

Oh, and hi, btw.

Well... Nothin' against you, but I reckon that confusion would stem from the fact that you got approved, and I haven't seen nothin' sayin' whether I was approved or even rejected. I know you're like a vet and I'm a noob, but still...

Oh, and hi, btw.

Hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"