Frozen 2

This one was definitely a tad darker and more self aware mostly because they knew how much of a phenomenon the first was.

I'm a 36 year old guy and there are lots of things I relate to in both Elsa and Rapunzel. Even Anna, especially how she fell in 5 seconds for the 1st person of the opposite sex who was "nice" to her only to get her heart broken. I was like "Girl, I've been there, done that."

So, straight guys can identify with Disney princesses, too. :o

In terms of film quality, I think I prefer Tangled a bit more to Frozen. But then, I'm more partial to the Menken style of music and Rapunzel was just so gosh-darn adorable. But in terms of character, I think I like Elsa more due to her inner turmoil and her powers of course. She's like the 1st comic-book Disney princess (since they don't count Kida as an official princess, boo!).

I haven't seen Frozen 2 yet. Will probably see it next week over Thanksgiving. I just got the soundtrack, though, and I'm really loving Show Yourself!! In fact, I think I like it better than Let it Go.

Last edited:
The songs are decent and probably a little more tongue in cheek this time, but anytime Menzel be hitting them high notes you feel it in your bones.

Saturday estimates seem to be around $52m or so giving F2 a 2 day total of about $94m. I'd guess it will be around $130m for the weekend.
While it is almost impossible for F2 to match the legs of the original Frozen which ended up grossing over 6x it's opening weekend (it would have done even more if the DVD release didn't cut it's late legs out from under it. It may have ended up over $420m domestic), but with an opening nearly double the original Frozen's first Fri-Sun in wide release it only needs a bit more than 3x legs to match the original and with the holiday season it should be in the 3.5-4x range.

The songs are decent and probably a little more tongue in cheek this time, but anytime Menzel be hitting them high notes you feel it in your bones.

Yeah, and was it just me or was there even a little bit of meta humor in one scene and a little poking of the first film and the popularity of Let It Go? I thought that was amusing. It seemed to get a big laugh from the audience.

I still think this was a worthy sequel that didn't try to tell the same story twice and gave a natural progression to the first film and tied up the unanswered questions and loose ends.

My brother and I have been talking about the music, and I agree with him that the new songs get better the more you listen to them. They aren't as simplistically catch as the first, but have more to them. Into the Unknown as a piece to sing seems much harder then Let it Go.

Also after seeing it in the film, I kind of love Olaf's song now. At first it felt like like another attempt at his first film song, but nah.

Yeah. There was nothing horrible about it. It just didn’t have the same charm as the first one.
But is it trying to? It is very different from the first film. I am not saying that is a good or bad thing, but I think this one is fundamentally different in a way here having the same charm as the first film wouldn't have worked.

Basically the whole movie is one big meta point how all the kids that watch the first one have grown up over the past 6 years.

Basically the whole movie is one big meta point how all the kids that watch the first one have grown up over the past 6 years.
The whole movie? I'll say that is Olaf's thing, but I am not sure I'd say that is what the whole movie is about. One thing I thought was funny is I feel like this did the same idea as a lot of recent flicks a lot better then them

The splitting up of the main characters at the end.

I didn't like the movie. Well I thought the first movie is extremely overrated and this sequel, I expected it to be the worse, as I just don't see a lot of potential with these characters when it comes to more stories and the story that they came up with quite generic and so predictable for a Frozen sequel. The movie is really meh. I like the musicals and I live for the cheesyness, but this one, just no. I hope after this, Walt Disney Animation Studios just leave the animation sequels to piXar.

Uh, why are you typing in blue font? And I'm pretty sure Pixar is stopping with the animated sequels come Onward and Soul next year. :hehe:

lol I didn't even have to open the link to know it wasn't here in the states. Machetes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"