Frozen 2

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by TheNextNolan22, Mar 12, 2015.

1. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

I hear it every time I'm at the grocery store now.

2. X Knight Hope

Speaking of Show Yourself, I felt that Elsa looked the prettiest during that scene. Especially at the beginning, when she first enters the cave after letting her hair down and is calling out to the spirits.

There's a childlike wonder and innocence to her look and demeanor then, and to me, that felt like Elsa at her truest, rawest self. Not the distant, fearful, and repressed queen from the 1st film or the sexy glam queen after Let It Go.

During Show Yourself, Elsa was free to be just Elsa and hence that's when she looked the prettiest, imo.

3. sueb1863 Registered

Disney should know by now that you can't make successes like "Let It Go" happen. They just happen.

It reminds me of when they were making the movie "Holiday Inn" in 1942 and were convinced the big song would be "Be Careful, It's My Heart", ignoring another little tune in the score called "White Christmas"...

THORin and SkullDevil like this.
  4. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

They had to pick a single. They picked the one that wasn't a giant spoiler. :funny:

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

6. Silvermoth Avenger

Ha, it sure is. Full screening at the one I went to. Loved it by the way. Very sweet, in fact I would happily watch frozen 3.

7. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Considering nothing major out this week should a billion be in it's sight?

8. X Knight Hope

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  9. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

What's Daisy Ridley have to do with Frozen?

Hunter Rider likes this.
  10. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Nothing but she just adds to the thread :o

shinlyle likes this.
  11. Asr Registered

She should play Anna & Elsa's long-lost sister, obviously. :o

Well either that or a villain. Because all villains have British accents.

12. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

[​IMG]

Asr likes this.
  13. X Knight Hope

evil half-sister. that was the big secret Iduna was going to tell Agnarr. When we are older, this will all make sense. :o

14. Hunter Rider Ronin

[​IMG]

15. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It's also been a few years, and I understand that she doesn't want to lose/be shut out from her sister but then it felt a little over the top especially now that she has a long standing stable boyfriend.

With the song, I like the Kristoff song because it reminded me of the 80s songs but it felt forced. I have to rewatch it again because now I pretty much forgotten most of the songs except to the Into the Unknown which I've seen twice because I was at Disneyland Paris and of course I've heard the Panic at the Disco on the radio now.

16. Hunter Rider Ronin

I saw it opening weekend and enjoyed it, more importantly my 6 year old niece loved it! :D

I thought it was a good expansion of the story and grew Elsa's character and the origin of her powers into a larger mythos. It's a bit slow in the middle section of the film but picks up from the moment Elsa sends Anna away and we get the spectacular sequence of Anna and Olaf in the Ice canoe, and from there it's all go until the end.

You could argue that Anna is a bit short changed in this one as the focus is very much on Elsa and the comedy bits from Olaf, but it's still an entertaining slice of fairytale fun from Disney, and I think once they delve into the past it becomes a pretty interesting story.

On the music front the first song that sounded like a radio hit was catchy and there were a couple of attempts to recreate 'Let it Go' but nothing really comes close.

The film is visually stunning, in particular everything with Elsa and the Ice Horse, some of the most spectacular animation I've seen.

8.5/10

DarthSkywalker and Silvermoth like this.
  17. Hunter Rider Ronin

18. Incarnadine Registered

I love following the boxoffice for F2, almost as much as the first one.

After its second weekend F2 sits at $289m domestic. $500m+ is a realistic goal at this point.

Big increase in China, looking like $120m total, barring an extension (Frozen did $48m)

In South Korea F2 is already at $62m, good enough for #10 all time for Hollywood movies there and is expected to crack #5 this weekend (first Frozen sits at #7). Depending on legs F2 shoud crack the top 3 all time, with a chance at #1. $100m+ looks guaranteed, no idea how much the "+" might be.

Japan is still the wild card. Nobody is expecting it to match the beastly run of the first one, but it's looking like F2 will have a pretty impressive run on its own. 2nd weekend increased from the first and is actually the 2nd biggest 2nd weekend ever in Japan. Early predictions have F2 finishing between $160m and $180m. Given how leggy movies can be in Japan the predictions are "very" early.
    If it comes in on the high end that would put F2 in the top 5 all time for Japan.

While F2 might end up with 70-90m less in Japan, China and South Korea increases more than make that up.

19. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

So I saw it again yesterday, and I liked it even more the second time. This movie is stuffed, and it felt like a caught a lot of little things I missed the first time around, including things I was question after the first viewing. The songs are really growing on me.

THORin likes this.
  20. X Knight Hope

correct me if I'm wrong, but is Frozen the 1st Disney Princess film to get a theatrical sequel release?

I know there have been sequels/prequels to some of the other Disney Princess films, but usually they are direct-to-video deals. and I can't think of any that went to the theater.

am I wrong?

21. Incarnadine Registered

I believe you are correct.

When it came out there was an article stating this was the first ever sequel to a Disney animated musical, which is what pretty much all Disney princess movies are.

I guess it will also be the first Disney princess movie to become a trilogy. It feels inevitable for a movie that will likely do $500m domestic and $1.5b worldwide, not to mention being a merchandise behemoth.

22. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

They're not counting all the "direct to" sequels I assume.

23. X Knight Hope

thanks. that's a pretty major distinction if that is indeed the case.

I'm a bit torn on wanting a 3rd film. While I'm a fan of the story and characters and would obviously like to see more of them, I don't want the franchise to push its luck and overstay its welcome. You often get 2 solid films in a series but then it starts falling apart in the 3rd film and beyond.

One reason why both Frozen 1 and 2 have been so popular and successful is that they subvert many of the usual fairy tale tropes. But, you can only subvert for so long before it starts to feel forced. Or else you may start dipping into the usual conventions that you were trying to avoid before (like having a clear-cut, evil villain).

If they do make a 3rd film, I don't want it to feel forced or like they are doing it as an obvious cash grab. Because then, the film will lose all of its magic and the series will start feeling stale.

24. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

They already did two shorts.

25. samsnee Ok

I feel like if they make another one, the original audience will have outgrown it even more.