Full list of writers strike affected shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, and I can't stand Variety and their ridiculous "industry speak" writing. I had to look back over the word "prexy" to figure out what it meant, and who the hell says "skedded" instead of "scheduled?"

^^ agreed I guess they consider themselves a Hollywood institution so they can use industry lingo like that

Breakthrough in WGA talks
Sides closing in on tentative deal

Talks between WGA leaders and top studio execs on Friday and Saturday have been productive enough to generate cautious optimism that a settlement to the more than three-month-old strike may soon be at hand.
WGA negotiating committee head John Bowman and WGA West exec director David Young had a lengthy meeting Friday with News Corp. prexy Peter Chernin and Walt Disney Co. CEO Robert Iger that was described as having gone well overall, despite some tension at the outset. It's understood that those conversations continued on Saturday, though it was not clear if it was by phone or face-to-face.

Insiders said there was enough progress being made to raise the prospect of WGA leaders bringing a contract proposal directly to the boards of the WGA West and WGA East, possibly bypassing the resumption of formal bargaining between the WGA and Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. Insiders indicated that lawyers for both sides were exchanging drafts of proposed contract language this weekend.

WGA's 17-member negotiating committee and the WGA West's board are already skedded to hold separate meetings on Monday, at noon and 3 p.m., respectively. People close to the situation cautioned against putting a timetable on the process, given the rocky road of the negotiations to date.

Chernin and Iger began the informal talks with WGA toppers on Jan. 22, on the heels of the AMPTP sealing a deal with the Directors Guild of America that the studios aim to use as a template for a WGA pact. A big stumbling block for the WGA is said to be the terms agreed to by the DGA for web streaming of TV shows and movies. The United Hollywood blog reported Saturday that "creative solutions to the biggest differences between the AMPTP and the WGA have gotten the tentative and cautious approval of both sides."

Neither WGA or AMPTP reps would comment on the status of talks in accordance with the news blackout both camps have agreed to.

Going into the weekend, studio toppers were said to be frustrated with the lack of substantive progress in the talks, which were designed to lay the groundwork for the resumption of formal bargaining.

The AMPTP and WGA last met in a formal session on Dec. 7. WGA has been on strike since Nov. 5.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117980072.html?categoryid=2821&cs=1

Fingures crossed.

Sweet! Maybe if they can come to a deal by next week. Maybe they can get started on LOST again, so that the show doesn't skip a beat.:up:

Sweet! Maybe if they can come to a deal by next week. Maybe they can get started on LOST again, so that the show doesn't skip a beat.:up:

Maybe, ABC might just save these February/March written episodes and have a longer season for 2009.

Anyway good to hear its almost done. Then they just need to sign a deal with SAG so there is no strike in July.

Now if NBC would just uncancel one or two shows...

^^^fat chance of that happening. the Office is basically dead....deal with it

What shows did NBC cancel??

unofficially Bionic Woman and The office, journeyman as well

Ah, okay.. nothing I watch :p

??? The Office isn't cancelled. Its NBC's highest rated comedy and always earns nominations for award shows.

wait a minute. did they cancel The Office for good or just for this season? Please, just for the season because I love that show.

soon after the strike started NBC laid all the production staff and cast off and shut down the set they work on, basically making a statement "Come back to work or you wont have anything to come back to"

It's one of their best comedies in years. They'll uncancel it, just as surely as they'll keep giving Seinfeld cast members new TV shows.

^^^fat chance of that happening. the Office is basically dead....deal with it

You shut your mouth.:cmad:...:csad:

Maybe, ABC might just save these February/March written episodes and have a longer season for 2009.

Anyway good to hear its almost done. Then they just need to sign a deal with SAG so there is no strike in July.

I am on the fence about this. On one hand next season will be longer, but on the other, LOST fans have already waited 8 months! & all we are going to get is 8 episodes?

Yep.:up:

In all honesty ever time I watch LOST. I can't help but think. TV doesn't deserver this show. It way to good for TV.

The Office . . . cancelled?

:waa: :waa: :waa:

The Office . . . cancelled?

:waa: :waa: :waa:

http://hitsusa.com/blog/312/the-office-cancelled/

Just some hoax.

The Office thread would be filled with posts about it.

Friday Night Lights, Journeyman, Bionic Woman, Scrubs and Chuck will probably get episode orders to fill the first 6-8 weeks of fall 2008 since the pilot season has been messed up due to the Writer's Strike so NBC (and the other networks) wouldn't have "new" shows to try out in September so they'll go with existing shows for now, hope the ratings are good and if not they'll have new shows to replace those struggling ones eventually.

I know out of all the new shows this year that Life and Chuck are getting full orders....Bionic Woman has NO intrest at all and Journeyman wasnt doing to well....so I guess we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"