Full list of writers strike affected shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hope it is really over and there is time to salvage some of The Office and 24. I know The Office has unproduced scripts but the actors walked out in support of the writers, so they can get started filming again right off the bat. So so so many shows that I miss. I really really really hope 24 can get something done this season.

scrubs ftw! where is it?

Source.

CNBC said:
A deal has been struck between the major media companies and the Writers Guild of America to end the writers' strike, former Walt Disney chief executive Michael Eisner revealed on CNBC.

AP
Michael Eisner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's over," Eisner said. "They made the deal, they shook hands on the deal. It's going on Saturday to the writers in general."

Eisner, speaking live on CNBC's "Fast Money," seemed to hesitate initially about whether it was possible that the writers could still reject the agreement, but finally suggested the deal's acceptance was inevitable.

"A deal has been made, and they'll be back to work very soon," Eisner said, adding, "I know a deal's been made. I know it's over."

Eisner did not elaborate on terms of the agreement. He said he expects most of the media companies affected by the strike to have "small" write-downs as a result of the deal. Eisner said the deal was struck last Friday.

Fast Money:
Exclusive: Writers' Strike Effectively Over

As a result of studio cutbacks, however, many of the writers who went on strike are unlikely to return to the same big-money contracts they'd had as individuals with the studios, Eisner said.

© 2008 CNBC.com

CEEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!

*air funk guitar*

*Pops open a beer*

Brilliant!

its michael eisner for chrissakes.....he got booted out of Disney.....I wont believe it untill I see an official announcement

WRITERS, PRODUCERS REACH TENTATIVE DEAL
Deal points revealed

The Writers Guild of America has reached a tentative deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers.
WGA West president Patric Verrone and WGA East president Michael Winship sent out an email to members at 3 a.m. Saturday alerting writers that a deal has been made that “protects a future in which the Internet becomes the primary means of both content creation and delivery.”

http://www.wga.org/contract_07/wga_tent_summary.pdf

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=festivals&jump=story&id=2476&articleid=VR1117980589&cs=1

So it's over?

After the Strike: When Your Favorites Will Return!

At long last, a strike chart you can get excited about!

With an end to the three-month-old WGA strike imminent (yay!), the networks have quietly begun outlining plans to salvage what's left of the current TV season. At the same time, I've been quietly picking at my moles to get a preview of those plans — the results of which appear in chart form below.

Keep in mind that the following information remains extremely tentative and is subject to change (and probably will). In other words, I strongly suggest you refresh your browser at least once an hour to ensure that you're getting the most up-to-date scoop possible.

Expected to return this fall or January '09.

30 Rock
Expected to shoot 5 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

Back to You
Two pre-strike episodes remain. Future TBD*.

Bionic Woman
No new episodes expected. Ever.

Big Love
Expected to go into production on Season 3 in March. Airdate info is TBD.

Bones
Four pre-strike episodes left. Unclear whether additional episodes will be produced for this season.

Brothers & Sisters
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May.

Chuck
No new episodes until fall.

Criminal Minds
Expected to shoot 4 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May.

CSI

CSI: Miami

CSI: NY

Desperate Housewives

Dirty Sexy Money
No new episodes planned until fall; three remaining pre-strike episodes will undergo some tweaking and kick off fall run.

ER
TBD.

Everybody Hates Chris
Twelve pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season.

Friday Night Lights
No new episodes expected for this season. Future TBD.

Gossip Girl
Expected to shoot up to 9 new episodes to air in April/May/June.

Grey's Anatomy
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May

Heroes
TBD.

House
Expected to shoot 4 to 6 new episodes to air in April/May.

How I Met Your Mother
Expected to shoot 5 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May.

Jericho
Seven episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season.

Las Vegas
Three pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season.

Law & Order: SVU
TBD.

Life
No new episodes expected until fall.

Life Is Wild
No new episodes expected. Ever.

Lost
Six pre-strike episodes remain. Six additional episodes could air this season.

Medium
Six pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected this season.

Men in Trees
Eleven pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected this season.

Moonlight
No new episodes expected until fall.

My Name Is Earl
Expected to shoot 8 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

NCIS
Expected to shoot 5 to 7 new episodes, only three of which may air this season.

The New Adventures of Old Christine
Seven pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected this season.

Numbers
Expected to shoot 5 to 7 new episodes, only three of which may air this season.

October Road
Five pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that TBD.

The Office
Expected to shoot 5 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

One Tree Hill
Six pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that TBD.

Prison Break
Two pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that TBD.

Private Practice

Pushing Daisies
No new episodes until fall.

Reaper
Three pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that TBD.

Samantha Who?
Three remaining pre-strike episodes could possibly surface this season, or be held until fall (see Dirty Sexy Money).

Scrubs
Four pre-strike episodes remain. Four additional episodes will likely be shot; unclear whether they'll air on NBC or go straight to DVD.

Smallville
Four pre-strike episodes remain. Expected to shoot 3 to 5 additional episodes to air in April/May.

Supernatural
Two pre-strike episodes remain. Expected to shoot 3 to 5 additional episodes to air in April/May.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Five pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that TBD.

Two and a Half Men
Expected to shoot 5 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May.

Ugly Betty

Women's Murder Club
No additional episodes expected for this season. Future TBD, although one Club member admits, "We're terrified that it's over for us."
Source

Scrubs
Four pre-strike episodes remain. Four additional episodes will likely be shot; unclear whether they'll air on NBC or go straight to DVD.

It better get the proper send off and air it's last episodes on NBC.

I am really curious to see what they do with LOST. There production is always large. I don't see how they could finish the remaining 8 this season without some quality loss.

Scrubs

It better get the proper send off and air it's last episodes on NBC.

That means this season will only be 11 episodes long? That sucks.

I am really curious to see what they do with LOST. There production is always large. I don't see how they could finish the remaining 8 this season without some quality loss.

Well if the sources from TV Guide are right, it'd only be 6 more episodes to do. That's very doable, considering the time schedule they dealt with for the first 3 seasons, especially taking into account that they've probably got a pretty good episode-by-episode overview done for the remaining 40 episodes left to write and create now.

Glad to see Scrubs won't go out without the finale.

And here's to hoping it's closer to 10 episodes for The Office, and that it will air in April. :fingerscrossed:

wait a sec...season 7 of scrubs is 18 episodes...6 have aired, 6 were unaired i though, and 6 still needed to be done...

wait a sec...season 7 of scrubs is 18 episodes...6 have aired, 6 were unaired i though, and 6 still needed to be done...

You're right, 6 aired. But that says that there are only 8 left, 4 of which are finished.

im 100% positive season 7 is supposed to be 18 episodes. so maybe thats wrong.

im 100% positive season 7 is supposed to be 18 episodes. so maybe thats wrong.

NBC won't air any episodes in June so whatever they can fit in April/May will have to do. 24 is the only series that will maintain their season order (since episodes won't air until after the summer), every other series won't have the standard amount due to the strike. So it sucks that Scrubs loses episodes but its better than zero new episodes and not having a proper finale.

ok...so if scrubs returns by march, it still gives it march, april and may to air 12 episodes....thats assuming it doesnt return this month... sounds like its got time to me, esp if the do a one hour finale of the last 2 episodes, which id expect for the final night for scrubs.

I dont see any show getting back before April at the earliest....have to get all the crew back, rewrites on scripts, editing, it takes a lot for a half hour sitcom to get to air

if they dont air the full, final season, they would get soo much crap from fans. id be one of em.

if they dont air the full, final season, they would get soo much crap from fans. id be one of em.

The show is ending anyway...I doubt NBC really gives a damn about it at this point. Life will be back in the fall, along with Las Vegas....so Im good

Scrubs doesn't make NBC much money anyway, its production company is owned by Disney. There was alway talk of ABC picking up the final season if NBC didn't.
Scrubs is one of NBC's lowest rated shows so its not going go do something special on something that draws low, and Disney makes a profit on for airing in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"