Comics Funniest Moments Thread

moffball

Part-Time Crusader
Reaction score
So, just out of curiosity, what are your favorite funny moments involving Spidey?

I think for me it's a tie between Ultimate Spidey telling Kingpin that he has something so important to tell Kingpin that he wrote it down and then launches into fat jokes or when Vulture tells Spidey to meet him at the place where they first fought and Spidey ends up at the wrong building (think that's Peter Parker S-M).

That one, an' alla ASM #267. That issue was one big laugh-fest.

267? was that "The Commuter Cometh" the one where Spidey is tracking down this crook in the suburbs, and there's nothing for Spidey to swing from, and that housewife was checking out his a$$.

I don't remember all of the details, but I do remember a Marvel Fanfare isssue when he was wearing the Black Spidey outfit where he had a tear in the costume near his ass, don't really remember what came of it though. LOL

Uncle Ben and Peter building deranged snowmen in the yard and Aunt May calling them a "pair of twits."

Page4.jpg

Nuff said :D

Demogoblin said:
Uncle Ben and Peter building deranged snowmen in the yard and Aunt May calling them a "pair of twits."

:up:

Another few favorite moments:

Fantastic Four #5-something. Spidey and the Human Torch are fighting, and the Torch ends up naked. Spidey helps the Torch get back on the good side of the public at his own expense, and, as the Torch tells him thanks, Spdiey tells him not to mention it....and we see Johnny's boxers webbed to the flagpole.

The Amazing Bag-man. Nuff' said.

Spidey vs., the Gang of Mimes from Jenkins' run. Hilarious! When he can't even stop laughing at them while fighting them.....awesome. I especially love the silent issue rematch where Spidey traps them in a transparent box.

Ans last, but not least, Spider-Man: Sweet Charity #1. Spidey and JJJ go camping in the woods for some sort of charity. Spidey gets the trots from eating some berries, and then he ends up having to fight Scorpion, who he narrowly beats. When they get back to New York, JJJ is sitting around telling everyone what a loser Spdiey actually is, and then he looks up and sees a sign webbed above the country club that reads: "J. Jonah Jameson cries in his sleep like a little girl".

Some Christmas special issue on the cover when this guy dressed up as Santa kicks Spidey's ass out the door

Some faves (apart from those mentioned):

Spidey is wearing the red & blue costume he bought in Germany (the one that said "Der Spieder" on it), because he has nothing else to wear, but it started to unravel as he was fighting some street punks. It was almost too late when he noticed the bag lady behind him, pulling on the thread down his back, saying, "want to see the heinie..." :D

The issue where he fights Hobgoblin while drunk... and wins! "Mommy, did Spider-Man just burp?"

The one where he wakes up in an alley one morning with a bum curled up against his backside after the Punisher gassed him the night before. He ends up having to take the bus home because he's too dazed. As he stands in his costume on the crowded bus, he asks himself, "I wonder if Captain America ever has days like this?"

Doc Ock said:
Page4.jpg

Nuff said :D

ASM#131 gets my vote to, it's funny hearing what Gerry has to say about it in the Comic Creators on Spider-man book.

Also Paul Jenkins is good at writing a funny Spidey.

...Also the whole of Maximum Carnage.

Actually there's nothing funny about buying a 14 part story that could have been done in 10 or less.

Mara Jane said:
The issue where he fights Hobgoblin while drunk... and wins! "Mommy, did Spider-Man just burp?"

Ha ha, where is that one?

Oh yeah, the one where Spidey gives up the black costume symbiote to Reed Richards and he has to go home in the old F4 uniform with the bag on his head. And then the "kick me" sign courtesy of Torch, priceless!

Kingpin: Young man, did you web my feet to the floor?

Spider-Man: Maybe.

Daisy said:
That'd be Amazing Bag-Man:

asm258.jpg

Heh heh, exactly! My favorite part might be the fact he's wearing stirrup pants, hee hee!

Spider-Man/Human Torch #1

the paste pot pete scene....laughed so hard :)

moffball said:
Ha ha, where is that one?

I forget the issue. It's the one where Pete & MJ move out of the Chelsea apartment. One of the guests at their moving party spiked the punch. I'll try to look up the issue when I get home.

spectacular #185 is still the funniest.

oh and web of #38 is the issue with the hobgoblin you were talking about.

I particularly enjoyed She-Hulk #4, in which Spidey sues JJJ for libel...he's almost guaranteed a huge cash settlement but then his lawyers decide to include Peter Parker in the suit as well for faking Spider-Man pictures (like making it look like Electro and Spider-Man were the same person way back in Amazing #9). So Spidey has to settle out of court, with the settlement being that JJJ (and himself as Peter) must dress up in a large chicken suit and sell copies of the Bugle out in the street.

e-three said:
I particularly enjoyed She-Hulk #4, in which Spidey sues JJJ for libel...he's almost guaranteed a huge cash settlement but then his lawyers decide to include Peter Parker in the suit as well for faking Spider-Man pictures (like making it look like Electro and Spider-Man were the same person way back in Amazing #9). So Spidey has to settle out of court, with the settlement being that JJJ (and himself as Peter) must dress up in a large chicken suit and sell copies of the Bugle out in the street.

I remember seeing that one!

"The real reason why Jameson hates me...is because I'm black."

:D:D:D:D:D

Spidey twisting a lead pipe into a Bow Tie to scare off the Gas Truck Driver, so he can carjack it and try to stop the Juggernaut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"