Comics Funniest Moments Thread

You guys may not think it's funny, but it made me laugh out loud:

Pete tried to imagine what his life would be like if he married Felicia. In the image, he's sitting in a kitchen drinking coffee and reading the paper while wearing his Spidey suit. Felicia is in her costume, making him breakfast. And the entire kitchen is being ripped apart by about 5 or 6 little Spider-kittens.

"Nothing Stops The Juggernaut", Spidey's comments as he pounds on Juggie's head and can't make a dent.

How is that funny? Well the most memorable laugh for me was in USM during the Geldoff arc, in which these three guys are robbing a store in Cap, Ironman and Batman masks and Spidey says "Take of those lame stupid masks." One of the guys says "Look whose talking KMart!" and shoots his gun at spidey. He doesnt even move and you see the bullet going past spidey and breaks the window behind him. One of the robbers say "Dude, you suck!" and then Spidey says "Yeah, dude you suck." and kicks their asses. The expresion on Spideys face as the bullet flys past him was priceless.

Daisy said:
That'd be Amazing Bag-Man:

asm258.jpg

classsic.

As sad as it was, I found it funny when osborn let spidey kick his ass then later reveals that he recorded the whole thing and was now going to show it to the police and the media.

The funniest moment in USM for me was when Jean Grey told Spidey that he was the first guy in a long time that hadn't imagined her naked when he first met her. So of course, Spidey then thought of her naked.

Heh heh, that is a great one too, forgot about that.

"Hi! The name's Spidey. I'm here to deliver a singing strip-o-gram! So come out and play, this thong's killing me!"

BEST. LINE. EVER.

Spider-man meets X-23: "Good lord Wolverine what have they done to you?"

New Avengers 4:

(The team confronts Electro)
Luke Cage: WHen you used to fight him how'd you do it?"
Spider-Man:"Well, I'd web my hands into mitts and pound the crap out of him."
Luke Cage: "Do me up."

Electro faints.

Luke Cage: "Get these off."
Spider-Man: "They don't come off."
Luke Cage: "WHAT?"
Spider-Man: "For an hour."
Luke Cage: "WHAT?"
Spider-Man: "YOU said web you your hands."

Classic webhead interaction.

A few moments:

Before Spidey's first mission with the New Avengers, and he's so overwhelmed by everything, he sighs, "I've been an Avenger for ten minutes, already I need to lay down".

In Untold Tales of Spider-Man (I think) Spidey and Johnny Storm keep playing practical jokes on each other, and eventually Spidey asks Sue Storm on a date to piss Johnny off (this was before Sue and Reed were married). So Johnny decides to get back at Spidey by finding Namor (who was smitten with Sue at the time) and telling him that Spidey kidnapped Sue. Namor swears to rescue Sue and make Spidey pay for abducting her. So Spidey and Sue are eating in a little pizza place (and Spidey even webs himself up a little bowtie to look presentable) when Namor finds them and starts beating the hell out of Spidey. They fight for awhile and stop when somebody almost gets hurt (I think it may have been Betty and JJJ but I can't quite remember) and Spidey stops fighting to go rescue them. That's when Sue spots Johnny, who was watching the fight, and makes him confess what he did. Namor storms off angrily at being manipulated, and Sue yells at Johnny. That night, Johnny thinks that he's at least gotten the last laugh. But when he goes into his garage to work on his hot rod, he finds it hanging several feet off the ground from webbing. There's a note from Spidey that informs Johnny that Spidey's webbing dissolves in an hour. Moments later, the webbing dissolves, and the car crashes to the ground.

In USM, when Spidey breaks into Kingpin's office and Kingpin catches him. He asks, "Who sent you?" to which Spidey replies "Carson Daly". Kingpin says, "I don't know who that is" to which Spidey replies "That's because he didn't invent a line of pastries, you fat-fatty of a fat man". Later, after Electro kicks Spidey's ass and Kingpin throws him out of the window, Electro asks, "Anything else, boss?" The Kingpin answers, "Yes. Find this Carson Daly person and destroy him".

Hyper Venom said:
In USM, when Spidey breaks into Kingpin's office and Kingpin catches him. He asks, "Who sent you?" to which Spidey replies "Carson Daly". Kingpin says, "I don't know who that is" to which Spidey replies "That's because he didn't invent a line of pastries, you fat-fatty of a fat man". Later, after Electro kicks Spidey's ass and Kingpin throws him out of the window, Electro asks, "Anything else, boss?" The Kingpin answers, "Yes. Find this Carson Daly person and destroy him".

:up:
I had forgotten about that one, that was hilarious!

You know Carson was talking about that issue on TRL?

Something about fearing for his life because Electro was coming after him.

Spidey's entire mologue about pockets and zippers/velcro on JMS's first ASM issue.

Johnny losing his hair in Spider-Man/Human Torch #1
Spider-Man giving Ox that wedgie in USM #49, hilarious.

Spidey pantsing Doc Ock in USM #20. And then knocking Kraven out with one punch in the next issue.

The moment I laughed out loud for a looooong time was in "Peter Parker Spider-Man" #33. It was about Peter explaining how he always attended a Mets game on the anniversary of Uncle Ben's death. It was a Parker men tradition to watch the Mets when Uncle Ben was alive, and Peter remembers one of his most embarrassing moments. He is hit with a baseball as he tried to catch it with the glove he always brought to the game. A Public Relations manager for the Mets tells Percy the Mascot to go over and check on Peter, telling Percy, "We gotta make sure the customers don't get scared when this happens." Percy leaves immediately in costume, which is basically a cap, a Mets shirt, jeans, and a head covering that resembles a large baseball. When Percy gets to Peter, Peter is just coming around from the hit. Percy leans over Peter and comfortingly says, "There ya go. Don't worry little buddy. Everything's okay now. You're going to be just fine." Peter just sees this large baseball coming close to him, and he starts screaming, "OHMIGOD! AAH! AAHHHH!"

Electro UK said:
Spider-man meets X-23: "Good lord Wolverine what have they done to you?"

LOL! :D I need to get that issue - The new marvel team-up books?

Hyper Venom said:
And then knocking Kraven out with one punch in the next issue.

That was priceless. Similar to that is when you fight Mysterio in the convenience shop in Spider-Man 2. I laughed out loud on that one.

moffball said:
That was priceless. Similar to that is when you fight Mysterio in the convenience shop in Spider-Man 2. I laughed out loud on that one.
You know what? That does count as one of the funniest moments.
I'll never forget it. After saving the people from the theater fire Mysterio started, and then saving the Statue of Liberty from him, and then going through his "Funhouse of Doom" and fighting all those damn robots and freaks, where do you have your decisive showdown with him? In a damn convencience store. And then his power bar fills itself up about three or four times, and all you gotta do is punch him once, and it all goes right back down. I was laughing uncontrollably after that. I thought it was actually gonna be a tough fight.
Another funny moment from that game is when you enter the "Funhouse of Doom" (which is located behind his tiny, one bedroom apartment). Mysterio, who hyped himself up as an alien up to this point, has an exchange with Spider-Man.
Mysterio: Welcome to my Funhouse of Doom, Spider-Man!
Spidey: Funhouse of Doom? I thought you were an alien...
Mysterio: SILENCE!!!

Which were the issues where Rhino was tired of being stupid and made fun of so he gets himself injected with some intelligence drug or something? He got a restraining order against Spider-Man and figured out everyone's secret identity.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"