Guardians of the Galaxy Future team member discussion

I kinda like the most recent version of Mantis. She gets my vote for the sequel.

I'm still new to the GOTG mythos, but based off of what I know so far, Adam Warlock as the Magus seems logical. Since they can do a story where he has the last Infinity Stone and maybe Thanos is manipulating the GOTG into confronting the Univeral Church of Truth in order to get it. Plus, the Avengers and GOTG will probably need a purified Adam Warlock's assistance in A3.

Other than him, Moondragon would make sense since she ties into Thanos and would allow them to develop Drax a bit. As a bonus, in order to continue the tradition of simply weird characters in the vein of Rocket and Groot, I wouldn't mind seeing Bug introduced.

I'm nearly finished the Abnett/Lanning run, and there are ao many great characters beyond the core five featured in the movie. Bug, Mantis, Moondragon, Cosmo the Space-Dog... some really cool, distinctive characters, though my favourite pick to be an addition to the team would be Adam Warlock. I've grown to love him as a character.

I'm nearly finished the Abnett/Lanning run, and there are ao many great characters beyond the core five featured in the movie. Bug, Mantis, Moondragon, Cosmo the Space-Dog... some really cool, distinctive characters, though my favourite pick to be an addition to the team would be Adam Warlock. I've grown to love him as a character.

Ah definitely Adam Warlock and Cosmo!! I think Marvel just testing the waters with this Line-Up and characters they have in the film to see our audiences react. Things might get a little weirder for the sequel...

Adam Warlock and Cosmo would definitely get a thumbs up from me. The banter between Rocket and Cosmo was great.

But please, please no Phyla Vell. Probably the most irritating comic character i've ever read.

Definitely has to be mantis played by Brenda song

My order of characters I would love to see in the sequel.

1. Cosmo. Yes , I know he's not a guardian. But he has to a supporting character and the head of security of Knowhere. Him being in the sequel is a must for me. I think audiences would absolutely LOVE this character.
2. Major Victory. I would love to see his arch be in the sequel. Starhawk would be cool to have as well.
3. Warlock. He brings a powerful dynamic to the group and I loved his character in the DnA run.
4. Nova. An obvious choice.
5. Mantis. I liked her in the DnA run aswell.
6. Moondragon/Phyla-Vell (they come as a pair for me. And I hope Marvel doesn't chicken out on their relationship.)

I'd also would love to see Bug, and Jack Flag. A lot of characters to pull from if they decide to do a sequel.

Mantis and Adam Warlock are musts for me. And Cosmo, of course.

I feel like Nova should appear, but not as part of the team. Just as an ally to set him up for a solo venture somewhere down the line.

Based on the DnA run, I like Mantis, Phyla-Vell (and agreed, paired with Moondragon please; interesting relationship that shouldn't be swept under the rug for the obvious reasons), and Cosmo. Maybe Bug too, he was pretty cool. And seemed like a Gunn-like character with his attitude.

edit: Oh yeah, Jack Flag would be pretty awesome too; I like him as like an outside guy who interacted with the Guardians.

I know he isn't on the team in the comics but
Howard
:woot:

-Adam Warlock.
-Moondragon/Phyla-veil (I agree that Marvel shouldn't chicken out when it comes to their relationship).
-Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (but that's a pipe dream probably).

Allies (But not actually on the team):

-Nova (Richard Rider)-A high-ranking member of the Nova Corps who works alongside Rohmann Dey.
-Sam Alexander-Eager young Nova Corps recruit.

I liked how they used team members like Yondu as quasi-antagonists.

Moondragon, revealed to be Drax's daughter saved and given telepathy and martial arts, doing double duty fulfilling Mantis' role too
Adam Warlock/Magus as the overarching baddie
Mar-Vell, Phyla-Vell and Genis-Vell as the Kree problem

Richard Rider - First Nova Corpsman from Earth, rival to Star-Lord's coolness, Gamora love triangle.

Bug
Mantis
Adam Warlock
Nova

These are the four I wanna see the most.

James Gunn said:
I love so many - can't give it away but there should be at least one more Guardian from the comics.

Sounds like we won't be getting a huge increase in team members next time.

I'd make Mar-Vell an antagonist who turns into an allie of the team. Kind of a variation of his origin and setting up Ms.Marvel in the GotG/Avengers crossover. He could die at the hands of Thanos instead of Nitro in Avengers 3 passing along his powers to Danvers in that film.

By the way, i don't know about adding any new members as I like this tightly knit family as is.

Because part of the fun of team movies is the rotating roster. You bring in new characters that add a new dynamic to the team. Plus there are a bunch of other GOTG character who deserve their shot just like these five got.

I still think Adam Warlock in the form of the Magus and primary threat, as well as Moondragon to flesh out Drax make the most sense. I'd still like to see Bug as well.

I'd agree that they should avoid introducing too many more members for now. After Moondragon and Bug, you might be able to fit one more in, but thats it.

Mantis and Bug may be ruled out, purely for the practical reason of them possibly being reluctant to have too many green-skinned aliens on the same team. Though having said that, there are plenty of blue-skinned aliens in the first film, so that may not be too big a problem.

Moondragon could be a good choice. She's suitably distinctive, visually speaking. Though I don't know how her relationship with Drax would work with Drax's tinkered origins.

My favourite choice remains Adam Warlock. I like the idea of him being introduced as a heavy hitter to stop Thanos, but then he gives into his Magus dark side and the Guardians then need to turn to Thanos to help them stop him, with Warlock/Magus morphing into the film's primary bad guy.

Mantis wouldn't necessarily have to be green-skinned. She wasn't always that way. Just give her antennae and she'll be freaky enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"