G.I. Joe: Resolute

For the canadians on the hype it airs on teletoon the same time :woot:

Do we have to register to adultswim.com to see this??

Sweeeeeeeet! I will probably wait for them to air on TV to watch, but I really am excited for this series. :up::up:

Nope it will be on tv, no need to register

fceeviper, WOW! that is some trailer, and it more than makes up for the last G.I. Joe series, so I hope that G.I. Joe Resolute is popular enough to become either a web or tv series in the near future. Yo Joe!

fceeviper, WOW! that is some trailer, and it more than makes up for the last G.I. Joe series, so I hope that G.I. Joe Resolute is popular enough to become either a web or tv series in the near future. Yo Joe!
This is the vid they showed us at ComicCon last year...

[YT]zITV5dmBl3k[/YT]

I can't wait for this new series! Cobraaaaa! :woot:

From all sneak peeks this is the live action movie everybody wanted. I don't understand why they'd put this out before the August release of the G.I. Joe movie. Do they not realize how awful it will make Sommer's movie look? :huh: :woot:

That trailer was kickass. :up:

From all sneak peeks this is the live action movie everybody wanted. I don't understand why they'd put this out before the August release of the G.I. Joe movie. Do they not realize how awful it will make Sommer's movie look? :huh: :woot:

One is for the fans, one is for everyone else. They're just covering their bases. :o

That was awesome. Hasbro and Adult Swim need to make this a series. Now only problem with this special is that all the guys seem to be voiced by the same V.A. Looks like Hasbro went all out on the animation but cheaped out on the voices. To bad.

And they're not even bothering with promoting it. What's the deal? It almost seems like they want it to fail.

That was awesome. Hasbro and Adult Swim need to make this a series. Now only problem with this special is that all the guys seem to be voiced by the same V.A. Looks like Hasbro went all out on the animation but cheaped out on the voices. To bad.

And they're not even bothering with promoting it. What's the deal? It almost seems like they want it to fail.

Plus 1.

Boo!

Bazooka is killed off already? :csad:
I was also displeased with that.

After watching this I really hope Hasbro makes more of these, and goes along with plans to make a Transformers cartoon like this, and I think a M.A.S.K version would also be cool.

I'm hooked! Very nice.

Bazooka. :csad:

i bet they're not promoting it b/c it's not aimed at kids. it's pretty cool. the 3rd ep is already on youtube.

i bet they're not promoting it b/c it's not aimed at kids. it's pretty cool. the 3rd ep is already on youtube.

What's really ironic is that this micro series/movie (so far) doesn't seem to "adult"/"mature" for kids. There's no cussing (so far),no strong sexual innuendos,and no on screen graphically bloody violence. The content in this series is pretty much in line with (so far) the content of the all ages Code Approved G.I. JOE comic from the 80's,the STAR WARS CLONE WARS CGI animated series,EXO-SQUAD,THE LEGEND OF PRINCE VALIANT,GARGOYLES, WING COMMANDER ACADEMY,and MIGHTY MAX. So far, based on the 3 episodes I have just seen (the 3rd episode is no longer up on youtube), this series/movie is the perfect example of the type of all ages content I have been talking about in this forum (and on other message boards). This show is not too "adult" and not too "kiddy", it's some where in between.

Last edited:
What's really ironic is that this micro series/movie (so far) doesn't seem to "adult"/"mature" for kids. There's no cussing (so far),no strong sexual innuendos,and no on screen graphically bloody violence. The content in this series is pretty much in line with (so far) the content of the all ages Code Approved G.I. JOE comic from the 80's,the STAR WARS CLONE WARS CGI animated series,EXO-SQUAD,THE LEGEND OF PRINCE VALIANT,GARGOYLES, WING COMMANDER ACADEMY,and MIGHTY MAX. So far, based on the 3 episodes I have just seen (the 3rd episode is no longer up on youtube), this series/movie is the perfect example of the type of all ages content I have been talking about in this forum (and on other message boards). This show is not to "adult" and not to "kiddy", it's some where in between.
I agree it feels very 90s like the shows you listed. Sadly it's adult because of the use of real firearms. Moms would be fine if this was like the clone wars and they fired lasers that killed masked cobra units. That and the stabbing. You saw a knife in someones back, and snake-eyes killed people with his sword and grenades. Moms would be so up in arms about this.

I'm also surprised Adult Swim is promoting this?They seem like a group that loves things from the 80s. I guess their hatred for anime also goes with anime style other shows. To bad I hate that they're trying to kill Gi:joe.

I hope that G.I. Joe Resolute gets either a series of dtv films, or a full blown series on Adult Swim. This is a show my Mom would have hated, and I would have loved. I also love the fact the heroes use real guns instead of Lasers. YO JOE!

The first two 5-minute episodes are online here

Wikipedia says there will be ten 5-minute episodes and one 10-minute final episode.

I agree it feels very 90s like the shows you listed. Sadly it's adult because of the use of real firearms. Moms would be fine if this was like the clone wars and they fired lasers that killed masked cobra units. That and the stabbing. You saw a knife in someones back, and snake-eyes killed people with his sword and grenades. Moms would be so up in arms about this.

I don't think that "moms" (I take it you're referring to "soccer moms") would have a problem with the action in this show. In both the original JONNY QUEST cartoon and 90's REAL ADVENTURES OF JONNY QUEST cartoon had the use of real firearms and grenades, and have even sometimes showed people getting shot,blown up by grenades,and (in the REAL ADVENTURES series) getting hacked to death by some giant shadow puppets. THE LEGEND OF PRINCE VALIANT cartoon often showed people getting stabbed/cut by swords/knives and shot with arrows (and yes, the characters that were cut/stabbed and shot did indeed die and stayed dead) in almost every single episode, and that show was on the FAMILY CHANNEL. Heck, in one episode it was clearly stated that a baby was killed while still in it's crib as a result of a war caused by one of the shows main villains (they even showed the crib, but not the body of the baby, which the body of the dead baby was still lying in). They even did an episode about canibalism.

I hope that G.I. Joe Resolute gets either a series of dtv films, or a full blown series on Adult Swim. This is a show my Mom would have hated, and I would have loved. I also love the fact the heroes use real guns instead of Lasers. YO JOE!

Fun little fact, in the very first G.I. JOE animated mini series, they actually used real guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"